Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup Area Final (East)

Guest radioman

hard one to call really. i think st dennis are the better team all round but torpoint do have some good players who if they turn up can cause serious problems to st dennis.

Despite thinking St Dennis are the better side i gotta feeling in this 1 off game torpoint may nick it.

Guest BATESY NO 9

I think Bigdawg is right, Torpoint have the players to cause St Dennis problems. If Torpoint don't get involved in personal grudges and play the football they are capable of they will nick the game, however we will not be taking anything for granted as we know that St Dennis are a good side, we are in good form at the moment not only in certain areas but throughout the team. there is competition for every place at the moment which is healthy for the team cause noone is safe.

can't wait for Wednesday there will be a brilliant atmosphere and a great advert for dutchy football.

Good luck to St dennis but i want to win this game more than anything in the world.

COME ON THE POINT

Best of luck to both sides,both seem to have real quality strikers,whoever has has the strongest defence will win the game.Havent seen Torpoint at all but there manager has obviously got them buzzing,great result at pensilva last weekend.St dennis are a solid senior outfit and proved there resiliance by beating a superb Edgecumbe team ,who i think are as good as you will get at this level.The Junior cup will return to the east this year .

Guest BATESY NO 9

Best of luck to both sides,both seem to have real quality strikers,whoever has has the strongest defence will win the game.Havent seen Torpoint at all but there manager has obviously got them buzzing,great result at pensilva last weekend.St dennis are a solid senior outfit and proved there resiliance by beating a superb Edgecumbe team ,who i think are as good as you will get at this level.The Junior cup will return to the east this year .

Thanks Kitbag, I take it you are the St Teath manager. the Rickard laddy who i know very well as i lived near there for a few years is one of the best strikers in the league and scored a beauty when we beat them in the league earlier in the season, however in recent weeks our defence has proved un beatable with toddy and rogers playing with confidence. we have competition up front with 3 strikers playing for 2 spots and we are all scoring when we are given the chance to shine. the joint managers are proving to be a revalation this season and are filling every player with confidence.

i'm not going to underestimate St Dennis and from the off we will be out to hunt them down. on our day we can be a match for any team, just hope we fulfill our potential and bring the cup back to the East where it belongs.

:c::c::c::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi batesy.I am the St Teath manager mate and know the lads from St Dennis well if i was still at Wadebridge i would look at signing quite a few players from this league.The game will be fantastic for all the lads taking part and just as good for the spectators.It is perhaps fitting that 2 of the current top four in the prem league are contesting the area final.I am sure that all other duchy teams will wish the winner well in the final over the easter weekend.Team selection pretty hard for the management team by the look of things,that bit is not easy for any of us,good squads win trophies thats why you are in the final,best of luck see you at lux park.

Guest BATESY NO 9

thanks kitbag

your totally right there mate there are some quality players in our league.

see you march 4th.

i'll either be up front wearing number 9 or on the bench crying LOL :blink::blink:

but if i am playing it will be a great experience

CANT WAIT either way for the final

come on the point

Thats the spirit Batesy ,your manager can now concentrate on the job in hand knowing he has the support of the players .The Lads at St teath are learning that now and i am sure that we will fight until the end in the league.Special mention to Ryan Hayhurst of St Dennis ,good luck fella hope mum and dad are ok,catch up with you at the game.

I think Bigdawg is right, Torpoint have the players to cause St Dennis problems. If Torpoint don't get involved in personal grudges and play the football they are capable of they will nick the game, however we will not be taking anything for granted as we know that St Dennis are a good side, we are in good form at the moment not only in certain areas but throughout the team. there is competition for every place at the moment which is healthy for the team cause noone is safe.

can't wait for Wednesday there will be a brilliant atmosphere and a great advert for dutchy football.

Good luck to St dennis but i want to win this game more than anything in the world.

COME ON THE POINT

Alright Batesy,

I might even be there yet mate, at great cost to the taxpayer!!!! Ha ha. I'm finding out this weekend if they'll let me off the ship! One thing is a certainty though. If I can get to the much and whatever the scoreline, i'm planning on being a drunken shambles afterwards. WIN OR LOSE ON THE BOOZE!!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Just a comment for Mongoose,that was nt the case when we beat them in the league at their place with 10 men!!!!!!

Two evenly matched sides that will have to be on their game to win it!!!

Got to agree with TAFC.GAFFA two evenly matched teams.

Although in the League, you will recall we could have been 5 or 6 up at half time but missed the chances and could have had another 3 or 4 2nd half.

Took your winning goal well i must agree.

Hopefully we will create just as many again on Wednesday. Gonna be a cracker. The winner will win the Junior Cup that is for sure.

Good luck to both, come on you Saints another 2 nil on the cards.

Any injuries for Wednesday????

Guest BATESY NO 9

Get on westy, be good to have you there mate.

Shame you weren't here Saturday cause Gatesy was away, you might have got the chance to stake your claim for Wednesday night.

like you say Johnny we are evenly matched and the winner will bring the trophy home.

No injury worries but even if we did i wouldn't tell you LOL. Good result for you Saturday it was a tough game when we played them down there, they scrap for every ball.

See you Wednesday win or loose I'm sure we'll have a drink in the bar after.

:drink::drink::drink: :drink:

Lets hope the weather keeps off Jason, it will be a cracker and wouldn't be surprised if we had to do it all again next week. We are struggling with players at the moment, i know of 2 that can't play and Browner's missus is due on Wednesday and he may miss out as well. We have had to ask county for a list of who is signed on and available just to fill the 5 subs.

As long as we both play to our protential the neutral will love it because like you said previously there are some quality players on show.

See u 2moro hope u get an hat trick in a 4 - 3 defeat.

Guest BATESY NO 9

Lets hope the weather keeps off Jason, it will be a cracker and wouldn't be surprised if we had to do it all again next week. We are struggling with players at the moment, i know of 2 that can't play and Browner's missus is due on Wednesday and he may miss out as well. We have had to ask county for a list of who is signed on and available just to fill the 5 subs.

As long as we both play to our protential the neutral will love it because like you said previously there are some quality players on show.

See u 2moro hope u get an hat trick in a 4 - 3 defeat.

i appreciate that Johnie but if i score a hat trick we won't be loosing my friend. as long as there are no ringers as you know how the gaffer feels about those LOL.

the rain is the first we've had in a while up the normal end of cornwall and its bright blue skies at the moment.

congratulations to browner on the news, hope it all goes well.

be a good game I can't wait(if selected)

i'll join you for a light refreshment after the game no doubt.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

will be a good game but st dennis to win. shame its bin called off tonight was buzzin 4 it as im sure every1 was. think richard hawke and dave (muzzy) rickard will be the key players 4 the win if we manage to get it. both players have been outstandin all season. COMON THE SAINTS