Cornwall Football Forum

I just wonder how many of you would like to see ID cards brought into junior football?

Bearing in mind that in just a few short years the Mining and Helston leagues will all be playing in one new league. That will mean visits to clubs you may not know and a whole raft of players you have never seen before. The days of knowing who plays where and for who will be a thing of the past.

Have the Ben Andros and Mawgan episodes not proven that the present system is just to easy to get around.

I for one would welcome them and I am sure most clubs would be happy to bare some financial costs to see it brought in.

Is it time for change..........................

:c:

I think it would be a good idea. It's a shame that it has to come from formal identification but if it stops all the hassle, Like you stated with Mawgan and Falmouth, then it can only be a positive. Maybe some sort of system regarding the Armed forces? On the new signing -on forms, maybe have a box stating whether you are part of the armed forces, then the relevant documentation and process followed..

How would it be funded?? Would I be right in saying it would be a Country Junior football first?

Guest Flintstone

ID for players is already on the way.

The DJM league has been made to bring it in this year.

Each player (kids!) was charged £4 by the Devon FA. It is now a case of no card on the day, you will not play. The FA are starting with youth football and working their way 'up' so junior football will be next. and

if they can charge kids £4 they are going to charge even more for adults.

Its easy to do, all you need is to email a photo of each player when they sign on and then the FA can print off a laminated A4 sheet with all the players registered to the club on it to be checked before the game.

Been going on in youth football for years at very little cost. Suggest the DJM are making a good profit on the £4 per player.

Guest Flintstone

As I said charge was by Devon FA

What it 'costs' got nothing to do with it!!

Wake up! You're still paying for Sven !

Got to be individual cards to allow for transfers

Have used both the individual cards and team card with all on 1 sheet with Kernow Youth league. The team sheet is much better. When a player transfers his photo is removed off the sheet of his old club and added to his new club who are both then sent a new team photo/registration sheet. If the player is not on the team registration sheet he cant play end of story. The transfers only took 24-48 hours max to turn around.

Players also had to provide proof of ID on first registration only (no Ben Andros situations) but on transfers you only had to provide his previous reg no. and club and they can use his previous photo to complete the transfer.

Which ever system is chosen the sooner its brought in the better.

Come on CCFA sort it out!!

Guest lynchmob

I would love to see this come in, this will stop those players thinking they can jump from club to club half way through the season, clubs will become more organised this way :thumbsup: