Cornwall Football Forum

st dennis 2 edgcumbe 1

junior cup semi final finally played today between edgcumbe and st dennis, where st dennis won the tie 2-1. Edgcumbe were without a few key players but still dominated the match, and were caught out twice on the break with 2 good finishes from the st dennis forwards in the first half.

It seems like it just isn't meant to be for Edgcumbe and the junior cup, the only thing they didnt do today is create many chances in the final third. st dennis defended well and credit to them they are a good side, but it really was a case of defence v attack today. Edgcumbe were awarded a penalty in the last minute although not sure why, looked like a perfectly good challenge from where i was stood and the player was unlucky to pick up his second yellow card.

good luck to st dennis in the final, i think they will probably go on to win it, as i know they are better than they played today.

Thanks Bigdawg, spoke to the manager during the game from work and also after and he said Edgcumbe are a very good side but we managed to catch them on the break, so everything you already written is spot on.

I would like to say thank you for previously letting us cancel the game on the 7th although we were going to travel and play at a later time, unfortunately the pitch wasn't available. I sure you have bigger things to worry about then winning the Junior Cup although it is the icing as a Junior Club. I sure you will go on and win the League and shake a few up in the ecpl, but then again we are trying to win everything this year including the League.

I expect Torpoint and St Teath won't let us both have it all our own way. We have got St teath on Saturday 7th March and will need to win to keep the pressure on.

Good Luck to all your boys for the rest of the season.

I will definately make the League game and buy you a pint.