Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Result 21/02/09

Guest Marksy10

i hear marksy is getting the hayle job next year so hopefully he can sort the club out before leaving you!!!!

Hi bundithe boss just to clarify that having been manging for 11years now lots of rumours fly around end of season and through season. Im not denying for one minute my interest to go to hayle as my lad plays in an under 12s team and i like the club as a whole. However the guys that are doing the job now im sure would not want to read this if there were or werent any truth in it. I have been in football long enough to know anything can happen.

Right now i have been with the mining 2 team titans for some 10 weeks now and you would be hard pushed to find a better crop of lads and a cracking clubhouse at the cricket club in Camborne ran by trevor. I know we all say this but its true there good guys, been a bit hard on them but 7 or 8 came through and over the last few weeks have been rewarded with results. Finally on the other posts that i have read, the best team i have managed against in this min 2 has to be newlyn of course i have not seen every team so perhaps unfair to comment. But that is just my opinion so far,the name of the game for the titans is survival but a realistic task is to set them up ready for next season be it in three or two. :)

Arthur Pearce Cup 2nd Round

Gwinear 3-1 St.Just (HT 2-0)

With 5 familiar faces flying back to the nest of the Gwinear side, the game was closely fought between both sides. The difference being 2 well taken 25-yard strikes by Jay Thomas in the first half, giving young deputising goalkeeper Jack Willis no chance.

With 2 of the youngsters permanetly fixtured in the first team and 3 out injured, the St.Just side was made up of 6 of the veterans side, 5 being over 43, and one at a grand old age of 52!! However, none of them looked out of place on the small Gwinear pitch.

St.Just could of easily been in the lead throughout this game, but old timers Marcus Scotts and Terry Sturgeon both headed over from close range, when they both should have scored.

The 2 second half goals was a mix up in the St.Just defence gifting the Gwinear striker an open goal, and the St.Just goal was a grass cutter that the Gwinear keeper let through his legs (Massimo Taibi style)!

The 2nd half was a good battle for both of the teams midfielders, but neither side creating a save out of the opposing goalkeepers.

The game was played on a nice pitch, with good sized changing rooms, but again another Mining Leage 1 club with no showers!!

Another sweaty trip home in the bus!!

Is your aim just to go on here and annoy people 1ofthekids ? After reading how well you managed to make the TMS gaffer's blood boil a couple of weeks ago , I went to the trouble of posting a message on here to let you know that our boiler fell victim to the frost , so to come on here and say another league 1 team with out showers is nonsense. And how possibly could you have gone home sweaty ? It was a dire game that was played at such a slow pace ( mainly due to the ref and his new whistle that he seemed intent on blowing if any one came within a yard of each other) that it would have been impossible to have broken into a sweat. You wouldn't have a clue how hard it is to run a village football team with little to no funding , so please before you comment on here again remember that a lot of people go to a lot of effort to make sure little boys like you can play football at the weekend . ( ps not sure if you've finished your schooling yet but permanently has two 'n's' in it and there is no such word as fixtured )

Guest 4evablue

If you were as good at plumbing, as you are at grammar, then we wouldn't be having this debate. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: and if you were as good at football as you are at whining about things then your team wouldn't be in a relegation fight :thumbsup:

ps: know any good plumbers who work for free?????????????????????? :huh: