Cornwall Football Forum

Combo League News

Draw for League Cup Semi-Finals

Perranporth v St Just (at Falmouth)

Porthleven/Perranwell v Penzance (at Hayle)

Final to be played at St Day on Easter Sunday

Sup Cup Q-F

St Day v Helston

St Agnes v Portreath

Culdrose v Falmouth

Holman v Illogan

For not fulfilling fixture.

Porthleven fined and deducted 3 points.

St Just awarded 3 points

Game will not be played

Applications to join the league

From Falmouth/Helston League

Mousehole

Falmouth Athletic

From Mining League

Troon

Storm

Possible 2 clubs to be either promoted from or relegated from the Combination, or 1 club promoted from and 1 relegated from the league

Sorry no.

They still have to be fixtured in as it depends on the host clubs.

The Easter Sunday Final is traditional for the Combo League Final, but may alter if either Perranwell and/or Perranporth make the Senior Cup Final and the combo final, as the senior cup final is played Easter Monday so they can't play 2 finals in 2 days.

CTB, I have not moaned at all. I have merely asked for all clubs to be treated even-handedly by league officers. The league has decided to apply its rules: it could hardly do otherwise. Please note that I have repeated that I would rather have seen the game played than to have St Just awarded the points. I feel sorry for Porthleven, as their senior secretary would clearly rather sacrifice three points for his reserves than sacrifice himself, but that's nothing new ! :c:

Rodney, I know you will find this difficult to accept but the League Officers handled the situation in the same way as they would have done for any other Club and to avoid any claims of nepotism, the League Secretary referred the matter to the Vice Chairman - the Chairman was not involved at any point, including the investigation and discussions at the meeting last night. League Rules were correctly followed throughout.

Guest Peppermint

Whatever happened with the fixture between Porthleven and St Just it was dealt with correctly by the League Management and to follow up on John Mead's posting the Chairman took no part in the Disciplinary procedure last night.

Porthleven's representatives took the fine and loss of points well and hopefully that is the end of the matter. I was at the Meeting and I am just confirming John Mead's posting as the correct version and other Forum users that were there would I am sure agree that the matter was dealt with in the correct manner.

Hopefully as CTB states that should be the end of the matter.

Does anybody know if the semi finals for the league cup will be fixtured for Sundays?

Won't be much revenue in it for any of the clubs, including the host club, if the games are played on Saturdays. Having said that, I expect the Falmouth bar will take quite a bit with the beer we'll buy, and those lucozades for the Perranporth boys are quite expensive! :clapper:

Guest Helston Patriot

No disrespect to St Day FC but surely there is a better suited place for the final? Pitch isn't exactly even and the car park is very small. The club house is spot on with the balcony but thats about it.. As Penryn are out why not hold it there? Big pitch,Parking,viewing area and easily accessable. How does selection of the final venue come about? rotation or voting?

Its obviously going to be Porth v Well in the final so why not hold the venue at Truro?

No disrespect to St Day FC but surely there is a better suited place for the final? Pitch isn't exactly even and the car park is very small. The club house is spot on with the balcony but thats about it.. As Penryn are out why not hold it there? Big pitch,Parking,viewing area and easily accessable. How does selection of the final venue come about? rotation or voting?

Its obviously going to be Porth v Well in the final so why not hold the venue at Truro?

Totally agree with HP. St Day's pitch is certainly not a standard to aspire to. No offence to the St Day boy's but it is a council ground that hasn't had a lot of work carried out on it over the years. Penryn on the other hand. Saying that I hope who ever gets to the final has a great day :).

Delighted to see the final moving somewhere other than Perranporth or Helston and pleased to see those whose loyalties have been confused in the past scrambling to avoid I-told-you-so. St Day is pretty central and it's a friendly, well-run club that deserves an opportunity to remind all concerned that every club deserves to be treated as of equal status.

John, your support for your long-time friend,. car passenger and SWPL colleague is not a surprise. I wasn't at the meeting, so wouldn't dream of disputing your version of events. I'm sure Mr James is far too intelligent to be seen to get involved at disciplinary committee stage, in the public view. However, a veil is still being drawn over how much, as Secretary of Porthleven first team, he was involved in discussions between 11 and 13 February. Your own quotation of Rule 10 establishes than, as Chairman of the Combo, he needed to be if the game was to be legally postponed.

I'm amused by the way the establishment is so eager to clear its throat, move on and end debate of this subject. I think he has sacrificed his club's points to save his own neck.

It is abundantly clear that no-one should be a league officer and an officer of a club in the league at the same time. Brian Harris is no longer Secretary of Penzance. Alan Wallace is an officer of Marazion, but they are no longer in the relevant league. As far as I know, neither Gerald Searle nor Brian Ridgeon represent any particular club interest. John Roberts, whatever his known sympathies, is technically no longer an officer of Helston. Why is the most important officer of all, responsible for actions such as those listed in one of my earlier postings, permitted to fulfil two roles that so obviouslt represent a clash of interests ?

Guest man on! the sideline

too right H.P. st day is not the place for a final

just not up to scratch

rodney, perranporth have never held a final at the valley

surley truro or penryn would be a better bet

Guest Peppermint

Too long on the sidelines - how the hell would they hold the Combination League Cup Final at Truro City's ground - Truro do not even play in the League!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know if the semi finals for the league cup will be fixtured for Sundays?

Won't be much revenue in it for any of the clubs, including the host club, if the games are played on Saturdays. Having said that, I expect the Falmouth bar will take quite a bit with the beer we'll buy, and those lucozades for the Perranporth boys are quite expensive! :clapper:

Hey me and my mate Droskynstarboy are gonna drink that bar dry!!! :drink:

Why Should the final not be held at st day?

Admitedly we are a small club but surley the chance to host a cup final souldn't only be given to the so called glamour clubs.

we will be great hosts on the day and the commitment that the commitee and locals have shown over the years has been rewarded with this fixture. trust me they will not let you down on the day, they are determined to show the public that fixtures like these could and should be awarded to small club's more often!!

Please feel free to add constructive comments further and even add some ideas of what you would like to see on the day of the final? (please refrain from the usaul sarcastic comments, easter bunnies, eggs, goals, etc)

I'd like to see the look on John Roberts's face when St Just send their ex-secretary up to collect the cup.....

You could do with a decent programme at the final......John Roberts doesn't know how to do it, it's been embarrassing.....

Obviously if it's sheeting with rain you could do with a few umbrellas or a big tarpaulin we can all go under with the goat.

Mother took a liking to that lovely old gentleman, who owns St Day, whom she sat on the seat with when we drew 1-1...bring him, definitely ! In fact, give him Vidal's job !

Sorry, Perranporth, I meant Porthleven. Why can't you all have sensible names like St Rodney ?

Off to write to the CCFA now...... :D

What about parking at St Day? If its a nice day the crowds will turn up but where will they park?Not the biggest there. Also there is not exactly a lot of room surrounding the pitch to wtach the game. No disrespect to St Day, hope they make it a great day, but it does seem a strange choice.

Id like to see Neil Curnow slap Rodney silly and leave him in the darkness alone with the goat!!

Tell you what, Gillo. You pop down St Just tomorrow and suggest it to him, the only condition being that if he doesn't want to slap the greybearded fat old eccentric who remortgaged his house to win two Combo cups and loves St Just club, you agree to invite him to him smack you instead and promise not to sue. Crazycoot, you reading this ? I'll give him a ring in a minute. What time shall we all meet, Gillo ? :D

Calm down isaac I was just kidding. Been on hols for a week and couldnt resist bantering with you. From what he has said to me Neil respects you far to much to act in such a violent way. He has never been ashamed of your "shananigans" whilst flagging so much you confuse the Culdrose helicopters.

Neil has kicked me a few times over the years so Ive had my share thanks, your turn me thinks! :yahoo:

Anyway, sorry folks for taking this thread off subject!

Fair enough, Gillo. I've always found Neil a perfect gentleman. Can't believe he'd kick anybody: I expect you must have provoked him. Anyway, you should be nice to me. I'll be supporting United in the pub trophy final. I never thought I'd say this, but the alternative is worse.

Culdrose ? English helicopters over the People's Republic airspace without permission ? Where's the catapault, Mother ?

Must get that CCFA letter written now...... :D

ctb i will let you park in my space.

the idea of a burger van and such have been discussed and as we have an abundance of land next to the pitch then it will be no problem.

as for the parking, there is plenty of parking along the road which if i'm correct is not marked with double yellows and the car park will handle about 40 cars if people park sensibly. stop looking for excuses and embrace the fact that a small club will be hosting the cup final.

h.p thanks for your comments they will be noted in the st day archives of ridicule. :D:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: