Cornwall Football Forum

Junior cup final- Should it be Cancelled?

Do you think the Junior cup final should be Cancelled until the truth comes out about Ben Andros?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Junior cup final should be Cancelled until the truth comes out about Ben Andros?

• YES
    • NO

Yes i totally agree that it should not be played as i feel for troon! this is a total shambles to cornish football,letting a man who is not stupid try and fool the CCFA and pull a stupid stunt like this! Come on athletic stop spinning webs and tell the truth! In The end the truth will prevail!

the question is a bit...well its not great english cloughy!! lol!!

but obviously i think the game should not go ahead until a decision is made, or rather i think a decision should be made by THIS WEEKEND...?!! It not a murder Inquiry!! missing persons maybe......lol! but still its not exactly a case for the FBI!!

Guest mikey catterall

this needs sorting playing in a junior cup final dosent happen to a lot of good players and winning it to even less sort the mess out its not fair if foul play has occured :SM_carton_y: :SM_carton:

Guest RedDevil

So, what are you saying Johnny. That it is ok to play an inelegible player as long as you dont get caught! Think the guys that have commented so far on this topic have a very valid point. Biggest problem with this whole situation seems to be that nobody in authority seems to want to put their head above the parapit and make a strong decision, or give an explanation of the events that have occurred. Weak!!!!

Leaving no 'stone unturned' it would have all been sorted by now if the late CCFA Sec. John Ryder was running the show in Cornwall.

Applying the FA rules to the 'T' the CCFA outlawed beach football at Newquay, stopped a mixed Radio Cornwall charity match because some female presenters wanted a kick and heavens above you faced life bans if you were seen playing in June.

Our works team Compair Maxam were in trouble with a charity match for not affiliating- Any one else who faced the wrath of CCFA in those days.?

usual stuff from kev and the team 7 days to hand in passport or drivers licence of this andros, B):SM_carton: if not athletic out troon through stop kacking around drinking tea up st austell and sort it

Sorry lads this is really old gound!!!!

Ben Andros has only signed Junior Cup forms

Hasn't ever played one game

Has now left the County

No forwarding address

No phone number.

You worked it out.

I have sent the CCFA another email today but this is third one I have sent (withouth one reply) plus a two page document which states all the facts known to us, but again no reply, a letter to the press has been sent, FHL and Radio Cornwall. If anybody wished to private post me in confidence I am willing to pass on all the facts via this document.

Thanks

I promise this site we will fight to the end until we find the truth

Has now left the County

No forwarding address

No phone number.

You worked it out.

I had the best looking girlfriend in the world ever once, she used to come to my house when nobody else was in, and I didn't want anyone to know about her so I always snuck her in through the back door.

I havent seen her in a while and I dont have her number. I believe she's hiding in a cave somewhere!

I think the problem is now, if the whole situation is not sorted out without proper explanation, people will not remember the true winners of the cup. The final will always be remembered as the Ben Andros Cup Final. I do hope things get explained before hand for the sake of the integrity of Cornish football. I'm sure there is a simple explanation for it all!

Has now left the County

No forwarding address

No phone number.

You worked it out.

I have sent the CCFA another email today but this is third one I have sent (withouth one reply) plus a two page document which states all the facts known to us, but again no reply, a letter to the press has been sent, FHL and Radio Cornwall. If anybody wished to private post me in confidence I am willing to pass on all the facts via this document.

Thanks

I promise this site we will fight to the end until we find the truth

Riggins, have you thought about turning up on the door step of the CCFA and speaking face to face with the right people? Also try phoning them and getting some clear cut answers,deadlines etc. Another idea is to contact the FA and speak to them expressing your concerns over the whole situation. Who knows they may even investigate them and keep an eye on the CCFA and there furture conduct??

There is one thing that is certain,that we(cornish soccer forum members) have exposed the CCFA to be highly inefficent and un professional in the way they conduct there selfs. Maybe its a time to change the people who run things and inject some young people and fresh ideas into the The Cornwall Football Association.

Your thoughts please.

Many thanks for the post!!!!

I keep on sending email after email with evidence, they will not even talk to us, reply to correspondance which for me says a lot.

The press have just phoned me!!! They have tried to contact Barry Cudmore, but a admin officer informed the press he had gone to lunch this was after they ask what it was concerning. :(

For obvious reason the press need to investigate this further with not only my evidence, they need to speak to all parties, i hope this is now going to pick up some steam and we can manage to get the truth, I have always said that if we need to go higher then we will. It's not about Troon FC but Cornish Football.!!!!

Guest The Italian Job

Whilst I have been an observer of this Incident in the preceeding days it does seem that CCFA seem to have double standards, Last year a player from the East of the County 'exposed' himself in a team photo, not realising that this was going to end up in the Cornish press. Namely the Cornish Times and Cornish Guardian i believe. The CCFA quite rightly suspended this individual and he was fined a substantial amount. However the words of his offence were 'Bringing the game into disrepute', the very offence that concievably Falmouth by their actions and CCFA by their Non action are guilty of.

CCFA came down heavily because of the headlines it was attracting in the local press, the Secretary of the offending team was asked by Local radio to give an on-air interview, to which he declined. My point being the teams in the West of the County need to get as much coverage into the Media as possible whether it be by letter, email or other means.

Im sure the F.A at Soho Square would be most interested to hear what has been going on and the failure of CCFA to Investigate thus matter throughly.

On another note, the team in question of the 'Exposure' maybe affected by this outcome as they are still in the Cup themselves.

the italian job, good comment about the FA possibly being interested, after all, if we, the members of the teams that make up the leagues in our county cannot speak to the CCFA, who can??!! they should be approachable, and you should be able to contact them during the week, i think the FA at Soho square is the next place to go, maybe they will step in and get hold of the CCFA and find out what the hell they are doing hiding behind their office doors like this!!

Riggins, keep ringing 01726 74080 until you get a response. Barry Cudmore should be able to give you a date for a hearing, but you need to provide a formal protest, referring to the relevant rule of the Junior Cup, along with the necessary deposit for an appeal. The quickest way is to hand over your letter in person at 1, High Cross Street and get a receipt.

Given my 85% past success rate on appeals to the CCFA, I am thinking of setting up as an independent case advocate and letter writer....would any clubs be interested in paying me to do this ? :o

On the poll, I think there might be 29 voting for Andros to be investigated, Mr Toy voting against and 12 who have misunderstood Cloughy's English..... :lol:

Thanks for your help Rodney, I am sure if you took the case then your success rate would be even higher. Just to clarify this forum we have made an official protest and it got rejected after a day, the CCFA informed us that the appeal had been upheld and had no substance? That was it!!! no explanation.

So this week I have place together a two page document of all the facts that has kindly been passed to me from my own investigations, also a big thankyou from other clubs and county players who has supported me over the past two weeks . The press are now in the process of phoning CCFA and other parties for further information.

It's one of hell of shame for the Constantine lads as they have deserved to get to this final, its has been unfortunatley marred by Falmouth Athletic and the CCFA.

We need to do what's right and that is to find the truth, it may take days, weeks, or longer, but we will get there. Justice needs to prevail in the game we love, there is no room for cheats, frauds or weak governing bodies. As the Jman has said the next thing is to take this to the English FA. Which we will do if necessary.

Leaving no 'stone unturned' it would have all been sorted by now if the late CCFA Sec. John Ryder was running the show in Cornwall.

Applying the FA rules to the 'T' the CCFA outlawed beach football at Newquay, stopped a mixed Radio Cornwall charity match because some female presenters wanted a kick and heavens above you faced life bans if you were seen playing in June.

Our works team Compair Maxam were in trouble with a charity match for not affiliating- Any one else who faced the wrath of CCFA in those days.?

Just a bit!

Banned for 12months, fined £100 for asking questions at the AGM and insisting on an answer.

(Rescinded on appeal to the F.A>)