Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge 1 Saltash 2.

Saltash scraped through in a dull game. Saltash keeper had to make a couple of saves in 1st half and apart from the ref getting hit by the ball not much else happened.

Saltash took the lead early in 2nd half. Poor distribution by Wadebridge keeper, latched onto by Danny Lewis, took the ball to the goal line sent it low into the goal mouth where Marc Thorne got between 2 defenders to slot the ball home.

Wadebridge equalised with 15 mts left. Corner cleared, ball found its way to the edge of the box for Wadebridge no 5 to hammer home via the left hand post.

Wadebridge had two chances to score the winner . 1st hit the bar 2nd a low shot narrowly missing by inches.

Winner came on 90 mts Marc Thorne blasting home from an acute angle on edge of box. Think everyone was expecting a cross.

Winning goal narrowly beaating Dave Williams slipping down as the highlight of the second half.

MWLMGA - Have to disagree with you on two counts.

First factual - Wadebridge goal was scored by Aiden Dodds (who I think was playing no3 last night)

Second, not factual, but I think the second half turned into a reasonable game of football and, despite the scoreline, I think Wadebridge were the better team.

Agree the first half was a bit dull - perhaps the game itself took time to warm up having been postponed 13 times.