Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup East Area Final

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

After a convincing 6-0 thumping over Probus,(although in spells they did give a good account of themselves) with goals from Brian Stacey3,Andy Carter,Mat Williams and Jason Bates,I am glad to say we have made it to the area final for the 2nd year running.

The other area semi between Edgcumbe and St.Dennis has still yet to be played but i think it will workout nice for Edgcumbe as they will get to play at home(weather depending) and have a big advantage between 2 good sides.

As for myself and my team we really want Edgcumbe to meet us in the final as it will not only be a local derby but a very entertaining game.

Just hope they finally get the tie played and we await our opposition.

Just like to thank my team for a great game yesterday as you all played really,well done!!!!

God I love finals!!!!! :yahoo:

After a convincing 6-0 thumping over Probus,(although in spells they did give a good account of themselves) with goals from Brian Stacey3,Andy Carter,Mat Williams and Jason Bates,

How did you win 6-0 with 7 goals? Sorry just being a bit picky really! Someone lied to you about scoring in the changing rooms after anyway! :clapper:

congrats, a good achievement getting to 2 finals in 2 years, although if they didnt get to this years final there would have been something seriously wrong!!

never the less you can only beat whats put in front of you and i hope we join torpoint in the final, and its the same outcome as last years with point getting smashed!!!

whoever win out of edgcumbe and st dennis this saturday will go into the game as favourites im sure, but anything can happen in a one off match.

After playing St Dennis a few weeks ago and the fact that i fancied them to do well in this competition just think that Edgcumbe will have a bit too much for them. Would even go as far to say that they are quite capable of winning the whole thing and bringing the Junior Cup back this direction.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

This topic is about the east mate.

Its a shame they have tarnished the competition on their side but its all good on our side,just good fair football!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I do and all without cheating on our side, shame the west couldnt follow suit!!!!!

Whoever wins our area final will put it allover the cheating side in the full final!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Must admit would like to see ST Dennis win it, and get back into the East Cornwall League where they belong!!! The likes of Ricks, Browner etc should be playing in a higher standard, though there appears to be some decent sides looking for promotion this season anyone one of the top 4 (Edgcombe,Torpoint,St Dennis & ST Teath) will fair very well in ECPL1

trucker?....... long time pal.lol it would be nice 4 us to win it.this my 1st year in the junior cup so will see. rumor is that it will be who ever finish highest out of us and st teath to go up as edgecumbe cant because they dont have there own pitch as yet and obviuosly torpoint cant because they already have ECPL side.

and that i hope we will do next week.i think if we manage to beat torpoint we should go on and win it coz the 2 west sides realy are poor.such a better standered up this way.lol chalkey been the key player 4 us this season been quality and would walk into anyside i feel in cornwall. same as his old man wen he was that age.lol as i hear will be between us and st teath to go up so i feel will be us if thats correct.if not then dont think il play in duchy league next year will see how it pans out.

Dont think it will between St Teath and St Dennis ,Edgecumbe will sort out the pitch i am sure of that.Dont really think that people want St Teath in the league,we would have to win it and thats going to very difficultThe team may well be stronger next year but i am sure that a few may move on.Pity really village sides are better supported and usually create a bit of interest.We will give it a go anyway and see what happens.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Getting back to the topic in hand, i would like to say well done to both teams on reaching our version of the F.A. Cup as its every footballers target to play on a great surface in front of several hundred people for a great trophy.

It will be a great night!! :thumbsup:

Fair comment tafc-gaffa it will be a good night and anyone who likes football played properly with the spice added in will love it. It is a shame it isn't the final because like Lee said previously, the 2 sides in the west don't seem to be as strong as the ones in the east.

Only 1 team will be promoted from the Duchy premier Kitbag because there is a gentlemens agreement to only let 1 team from the Duchy premier progress. (ALTHOUGH YOUR ON THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE NOW I SEE (PLOT THICKENS).

As for the league Edgcumbe will find a home and must still be favourites) you may well catch us at a good time tomorrow because we have a few missing (40th Birthday weekend Greensplat) c u tomorrow Will.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Dont you know if one shouts you all shout!!!!!!

Cheats,cheats cheats...........

I bet that hurts? Well dont do it then!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes i have had a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi jonnie only voluntered to go on the committee to help out with all the things that will have to done at semis and finals etc,not into the political stuff at all ,the rules control that mate.Not duchy decision who goes into the league above anyway,in the hands of the ecpl clubs ,will respect there decision and carry on if not succsessful.See you later for a beer mate,we have a few missing to, will still be a good game,looking forward to seeing Ryan Hayhurst

Guest tafc.-gaffa

With the forecast looking wet and Liskeard playing at home on Tuesday i cant see the game being played and if it does the surface is gonna be awfull!!!!

Guest gunniplayer

im not to sure what to predict about this match, both teams will go hammer and thong at it each other to win within the 90 mins.torpoint work extermely hard for each other and st dennis have the quality to keep the ball away from the other team for long peroids of the game.what eva the out come both teams deserve to be the east cornwall rep in the main final.good luck both teams