Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL CUP DRAWS 2009

ECPL draws.

Rowett Insurance League Cup semi-finals : St Dominick v Lanreath, Elburton Villa or Launceston v Callington Town or Roche.

Supplementary Cup Semi-final ties: St Stephens Borough v Saltash United or Camelford or Tavistock, Bude Town v Plymouth Parkway.

The ties will be played over two legs, the first team drawn out of the hat will be at home in the first leg. Clubs are reminded that eligible players must have played five League or Cup games. Dates have yet to be arranged.

Possibly St Stephens against saltash in the semi final. That would be an interesting cup tie. Parkway v Bude> They have still to meet in the league this season.

Some interesting games coming up, a lot of incentives as well for teams from Div One.

Who are your favourites to get through. Could be an interesting discussion.

Good luck to all.

yes i would agree with that statement of the supp cup being stronger that the league cup. i would say both us and parkway and st stephens boro are better than all the div 1 sides left in the league cup and i also think saltash and tavi are stronger than lanson and lanreath. however give credit to all the div 1 teams left in the league cup who have got their on merit and jus tproves anything can happen, e.g st.domincik beating torpoint!

Are teams going to Celebrate winning the supplementary cup???????? The only reason they are there is because they LOST first round of the league cup. Lose and still end up winning a cup??????!!!!!!!!!

There seems to be big gaps in clubs fixtures at times. Perhaps it maybe time to increase league numbers again, and teams in both prem an div 1.

Just interesting to see that Saltash and Tavistock are deemed better than Launceston. I think I am right in saying that Launceston played Saltash twice this season in the league and beat them at home and drew away (though nothing between the two teams really). I think they also took the 3 points in the game over at Tavy earlier in the season. No doubt Tavistock are on a good run of form at the moment and so good luck to them in the Supplementary Cup. And obviously Saltash are one of the better teams in the East Cornwall League and they will be the team to beat in that cup. Just seems strange that because no one from Launceston comes on this forum shouting from the rooftops how good they are and how they are going to win this and win that they seem to be dismissed as also rans. I think I am right in saying they are the only team left that has any chance at all of the double! Obviously Torpoint being favourites for the league and Saltash thinking they are going to win it because they have the easiest run in means that the Clarets are up against it. Launceston's run in isn't bad either - 8 homes and 1 away, and having won 16 and drawn 1 in their last 17 home games in all competitions who knows what might happen?!?!