Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron CC Utd FC 0 v 3 Newquay AFC

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just a quicky with the high and lowlights.

A stroll in the park for The Peppermints, looked like a training game, Newquay didn't have to be good as the home side were awful (how they beat G I do not know). The ref gave a 2pm inspection and it did look doubtful, a quater of the pitch had been used by the All Cornwall Ploughing Team for practice, tractor skid marks all over the place, but thankfully he allowed play to go ahead.

A Robbo hat-trick, the third being one of the best scored anywhere in the country today I would imagine. Sweeping ball down the left to Jake Hartigan who put a pinpoint cross in for Robbo to smash home a volley that the keeper only saw as it swept his hair back.

Middsy played a masterful role in midfield, despite his missus going through contractions, a little Middsy is due very soon. Macca returned from hols (must have had two weeks in a pub, no tan evident) and bossed the young defence. Scott Palmer suffered a bad first half injury that looks like it will keep himout for some time.

Crowd of just 41 counted by me and verified by Mrs Judge, with 20 or so from Mount Wise.

The amount of swearing from the Wendron players was disgraceful, as was the argument between a defender and the bench. The ref stepped in to remind the lad to wash his mouth out with soap and water when he got in the shower after the match.

Burger and chips, a bargain at just £2.00 despite the long wait, good hot choc too.

3 points and another place up the table, couldn't really ask for anymore than that. Oh and Everton Dave used the Executive lounge above the changing rooms again but complained that the Prawn Sarnies and bone china were missing once again.

was teasy when i first read this last night but in hind sight the judge isn't far wrong, wendron's inability to pass to their own players until 70 minutes in didn't help! Newquay's comfort on the ball and movement off it left us chasing shadows for 3/4 of the game. Three great finishes from robbo was ultimately the difference, apart from that i had little to do, mainly to do with a solid performance by the back four. An enjoyable game to play in with plenty of friendly banter between the sides, i think! can't hear everything from where i am :lol:

Guest Peppermint

Scoffy - I enjoyed some of your humorous comments and the best ones were regarding the Newquay keeper and his giant frame. One I can remember was - he has different weather than us!!!!