Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 14/02/2009

Guest mikey catterall

sorry guys im terrible on computers my manager just text troon home to camborne on saturday i tryed putting it on the message above so the title race will get interesting

have to agree, the league is very exciting. i am going to say its constantines to throw away now. we (mawnan) have dropped a load of points, last week at a spirited wendron side and yesterday against a hungry rosudgeon, yet some how remain top (for the minute). its annoying to think how it would be had we not dropped those silly points. i guess thats football. although its not over until its over im sure all of the top half will be stepping up a gear for this last part of the season.

good luck constantine, troon and port for your remaining games. :smiley20:

Mikey, Pete's a good bloke a good friend! I dont think he should complain though, In my opinion, if he was fitter, he'd have every right too! Its a weird once. Just looked at league table, Blimey its going to be close!!!

Constantine are in the driving seat but its still all to play for. With Troon Twice, Culdrose twice, Rangers twice and still in every cup its going to be a long season for them yet.

Its also great to see three of the four promoted sides from last season there or there abouts this year. In what is a very very competitive Division.

:thumbsup:

FAL ATH V TRISPEN --OFF

NO REF!!

Was trying to find out where pitch is to watch the game! thanks for letting me know game is off.

FHF 3

Mullion vs Carharrack OFF

NO REF either.... 2 weeks without a game now :SM_carton:

CANT BELIVE WE STILL HAVE ABOUT 20 LEAGUE GAMES STILL TO PLAY!! ALREADY HAD 6 GAMES CALLED OFF THIS YEAR DUE TO NO REFS. WE WILL BE PLAYING 3 GAMES A WEEK AT THIS RATE. THATS 2 GAMES IN 6 WEEKS NOW FOR TRISPEN!! GOOD ISNT IT!

There is only a shortage of refs because of the abuse they get,if players behaved then no problem. :ninja:

Unofficial FHFL 2 Table @ 14/02/2009

FHFL 2 is really looking like the toughest Division in West Cornwall.

Some interesting results over the weekend.

Troon lose out on going top after losing away to Marazion but Mawan failed to take advantage after losing away to Rosudgeon.

Rich,

I agree anyone in top half of table could get promoted....

PLUS...

The dark horse.....

Perranporth, with all their players re-instated they could be in for a late charge up the table if those at the top keep dropping points, don't rule them out, best side I have seen against Tine this season.

Guest tim hawke

nice to see my old pal beanhead missing easy chances as usual. would to see my oldclub do well wendron but dont think they are strong oh well will stick to watching man u

Have a nice day from T-bone :P

The dark horse.....

Perranporth, with all their players re-instated they could be in for a late charge up the table if those at the top keep dropping points, don't rule them out, best side I have seen against Tine this season.

Thanks for the kind words telithowitis, we have gone from strength to strength since our first win against Constantine. We now have 2 reinstated players that have completed their 5 games to become Junior football players and recently inroduced another 2 players that are close to completing their 5 games, the rest of the 14 man squad is made up of players that have played since the first game of the season, minus Luke Brown who moved up to play with the Combo team.

We are not getting carried away as the league seems to be full of surprises this year with everyone beating everyone, I have been involved in local football for over 17 years and never known a season that has thrown up so many surprises.

Lets hope the league continues to be as interesting all the way up to the last game. Good luck to all teams playing in FHFL 2 this season :drink:

14/02/2009

FHFL 2

LEAGUE CUP

Constantine 3 Carharrack 2

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that." - Bill Shankly

It was Valentines Day and I thought I would treat my misses to a romantic trip down to Constantine to watch Carharrack play in the cup followed by a evening of Rugby and Match Of The Day. Who says romance is dead.

It was great to see a ex-Carhararck member Rodger Scanon down at ground whose grandson Mark Kent now plays for the Tine.

Rodger himself was a prolific goalscorer during 1970-72 at Carhararck went onto top the Combination League along with my father who played up front .

Constantine are currently riding high with a place in the Junior Cup area final and potential title contenders but this was a cup match and anything can happen. Constantine has become a home from home for us having already played Constantine three times away already and lost on all accounts. We were in need of a change of tactics which seemed to work in part. A 3-5-2 formation playing a anchor man in front of the defence. It was wasn't the best of starts for Carhararck when Tine took a early lead on the 6th minute through Mark Kent, who's overhead kick from a corner went into the back of the visitors net.

Carharrack played some good football and at times could of got a equaliser soon after but chances went narrowly wide. Carharrack youth débutante Craig Richardson on the left week created a selection of chances but the home goalkeeper dealt with the shoots every time.

In the second quarter Carhararck right back Tristan Burrows tackled a Tine striker right on the line of the box in which he got the ball the referee awarded a penalty much to the dismay of the visiting crowd. Carharrack goalkeeper Jamie Chown stood on the line preparing for the upcoming spot kick. Jamie's penalty record was further increased as the pressure seemed to much for the Constantine player who smashed it into out of space.

Both sides battled though out setting up some good plays unfortunately Constanine broke through the Carhararck defence to further the lead on the 36th. Carhararck heads did not go down and moments after the restart leading goal scorer Liam Bray got one back for the visitors.

The referee whistled for the interval. In the visitors changing room captain Craig Moyle recognised Constantine's playing ability and told the team to push forward to get the Tine on the back foot.

Coming out from the changing rooms each side knew they had to put in 100% in order to go through to the next round. Again both teams challenged for the ball but it was Constantine who got the early goal when a cross from a indirect free kick was frustratingly not dealt with.

It was now or never for Carhararck with nothing to lose. Manager Billy Pellow brought on under-18 player Adam O'Hare who made a instant difference hitting the right wing with everything he had unnerving the otherwise solid Tine back four. Tine's MadDog northern tones could be heard afar shouting commands to his midfield to stop the constant flow of Carharrack attacks. It paid off when Burrows headed the ball into the back of the net from a Brenden Dennis free kick.

The match was turning into a action packed thriller it was anyone's for the taking. Mark Miller goes forward as Carharrack throws their last trump card into the fire! Miller goes past the Constantine defence, the last man through on goal, inside the box the Tine keeper took him down as Miller pushed the ball in front of him. The Carharrack crowd cried Penalty!!!! The Constantine fans put there hand over there face, they hoped the referee would not send the goalkeeper off, it wasn't that sort of game. As a neutral supporter already commented on here it was a sure fire penalty in fact it was a penalty no doubt about it, if the original penalty was given this one was for sure. The referee blew his whistle, a Goal Kick was awarded. Play continued.

With minutes to spare Carharrack threw everything forward for a last ditch equaliser even the keeper tried getting involved in the action. The full time whistle blew. Constantine went through to the next round.

I would say best of luck to the Constanine players but we still have to play you at home yet in the league.

Thanks to the Constantine Chairman and his committee members for their support for the Forum Charity match, it really does mean alot and I mean that. You have a fantastic little club who have always been welcoming to us. :smiley20:

Richard Chown :c:

Photos by Billy Chown ©

I thought I would take a sit down before the match!

Defender Nicky Palmer. Just a blatant plug for our sponsors Bathroom Solutions!

Tristan Burrows header in the second half found its way into the back of the net.

after seeing mawnan beat Falmouth with ease on saturday I can't see anyone getting close to them. I thought all their players were supposed to be old, the only old ones I saw was the small dirty player up front, and the balding guy at the back. oh and one of the subs looked like he had seen better days. :drink:

Anyway there's always next season

Guest Mawnans no 9

A great result for us on Saturday against one of our strongest contenders this in Falmouth Athletic. We were technically and physically a little better then them in this game.

Roll on the next 3 points

Guest beanhead

Yes woody i missed a good chance but my job is to create goals and create them I did seen as though you scored two !! Your penalty was awful dont know why I didnt get to take it.

We now lost 2 games in as many weeks and we have basically given the title to the crappy tine I am not a happy person at the moment.

The whole thing is a joke

Miller goes past the Constantine defence, the last man through on goal, inside the box the Tine keeper took him down as Miller pushed the ball in front of him. The Carharrack crowd cried Penalty!!!! The Constantine fans put there hand over there face, they hoped the referee would not send the goalkeeper off, it wasn't that sort of game. As a neutral supporter already commented on here it was a sure fire penalty in fact it was a penalty no doubt about it, if the original penalty was given this one was for sure. The referee blew his whistle, a Goal Kick was awarded. Play continued.

Never a penalty!

Rich.

as your player stated after the game he was on the way down before zee got anywhere near him!

As for the tine pen i belive it was yourself who informed mr rose the ref that it was indeed on the line of the area and as mr rose informed you on the line is still a pen.

overal a great cup game and the visitors were unlucky not to get sumthing out of the tie. have to agree martin was by far the best player on the feld and his senior football experiance showed

good luck for rest of season to you and the rest of your team

Mawnan 4-1 Falmouth Athletic

Great win for Mawnan yesterday! Chris Pellow 2, Damiiiiiaaaaaan Stevens and Kev"Salmon"Morris. Chris Earl scored for Athletic to record his 2nd goal in 2 weeks, pushing Pellow for a place up front now!

First goal Greg beat the defender on the edge of the box squared the ball for Pellow the Fellow to loop it over a stranded keeper. 1 nil at half time, thanks to a superb save for Noots in our goal to deny Joe Perrin. 2nd goal scored 10 mins after the restart but cant really remember what happened, sorry Pells. A cross in to the box caused confusion but Earl was on hand to knock the ball past the standed Noots with, Im lead to believe his testicles!! 2-1. Virtually straight from the restart Greg is bursting into the box like a tiger after a stranded deer. Then is taken out by the keeper for a clear cut penalty. Damo steps up and slots the ball to the keepers left as he dives the other way. But Pellow decided to wonder into the box a little earlier than he should so the ref orders a retake. Some mind games from the keeper were to no avail as Damo slots the balls to his right this time as keeper dives the other way 3-1. 10 mins before the end Smudge puts the ball into box, against Pellows advice, where ts met by the head of Kevin Morris who rose well to loop his header into the onion bag leaving the keeper no chance and waving at his mrs. Good performance by everyone!

Cannot confirm if Andros was there or not as NOONE has ever seen him to know what he looks like, though some balls did come back quickly from the hedge! Apparently we will all have egg on our faces when its proved he does. Not sure how that will happen, Ive heard hes now emigrated to Southampton and noone has his number. WOW shock!

Gillo, I love reading your posts on here, most amusing, there nearly in Isaac's league, but to do that you'll need to input 5 words that make no sense to most people, when one will suffice!!!