Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 14/02/2009

Guest mauricio

FAL ATH V TRISPEN --OFF

NO REF!!

Was trying to find out where pitch is to watch the game! thanks for letting me know game is off.

FHF 3

Mullion vs Carharrack OFF

NO REF either.... 2 weeks without a game now :SM_carton:

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Athletic Reserves 4 games in February - 1 appointed a referee

Stithians Reserves 4 games in February - 4 appointed referees

Some clubs seem to get a better deal

perranwell 0-0 falmouth town pretty even game thought town had more clear cut chances through perran mistakes but fair i suppose

also heard mawnan 3-0 falmouth ath

FAL ATH V TRISPEN --OFF

NO REF!!

Was trying to find out where pitch is to watch the game! thanks for letting me know game is off.

FHF 3

Mullion vs Carharrack OFF

NO REF either.... 2 weeks without a game now :SM_carton:

CANT BELIVE WE STILL HAVE ABOUT 20 LEAGUE GAMES STILL TO PLAY!! ALREADY HAD 6 GAMES CALLED OFF THIS YEAR DUE TO NO REFS. WE WILL BE PLAYING 3 GAMES A WEEK AT THIS RATE. THATS 2 GAMES IN 6 WEEKS NOW FOR TRISPEN!! GOOD ISNT IT!

Guest pete norfolk

fhfl 2

Camborne Park 3 Wendron 1

Fiesty game for first whistle to the last. Park took the lead when Stuart Hull ran onto a through and put a delightful chip over the advancing keeper. The rest of the half was mainly played in the middle of the park with hard tackles, some from both teams a little reckless. The second half started end to end with neither team getting any good chances on goal. The defining moment came when a cut back by Stuart Hull was placed into the back of the net by Peter Norfolk. This lite up wendron, who capitalsed on poor defending to get back into the game at 2-1. Wendron pushed fo an equaliser but Camborne Park hit them on the break with David Wells putting a through ball for Peter Norfolk who scored his second goal.

Both teams played well and thanks to the ref.

Good luck to Wendron for the rest of the season.

Rosudgeon v Mawnan res finished 4-2. 3pts thrown away. Rosudgeon wanted it more. I had two goals but had it ruined because I then decided to miss a penalty and a open goal from 3 yards. oh well you cant win them all.

well done to rosudgeon. :(

beanheads not getting away with it, he missed a sitter as well!!!!! :thumbsup:

bring on carharrack next week. looking forward to it mr chown x x

DIV 3

ST DAY 2 CURY 4

Cury scorers Graham Cook,Craig Sadler,Joe Bray, Jamie Dyer

St Day scorer Justin James 2

A game played in good spirits by both sides.After no ref was allocated one of the St Day lads stepped in to take the whistle and did a very good job.With the shortage of referees in the league it's difficult to get refs in the 3rd division so when somebody offers to referee we r happy to let them do it so that we can have a game.

Guest mikey catterall

marazion 1 troon 0

in a game marazion were happy to defend troon found it hard to create chances both sides hit the post and troon had 3 chances cleared off the marazion line but marazion scored when some how there player skipped past 4 troon players and scored with 1 off there only chances but credit to them there game plan worked and this was a must win game for troon its never nice loseing but its "valentines day" so i aint going to dwell on it to much good luck to marazion for the season u battled well.

FHFL 1

Holmans 0 - 0 St Agnes.....Thriller zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Goalscorers

Barn door was not harrased in any way by either side!!!!

Mawnan must have FHFL1 in the bag now and good on them they deserve it as they are the most sociable team in the league :drink::drink: :drink:

League Cup

Been told it was..

Constantine 3 Carharrack 2

That's correct. And a very entertaining 90 minutes it was too. Constantine just about value for the win, although Carharrack were denied what looked to me like a blatant penalty. The first home goal, a bicycle-kick, wouldn't have looked out of place on Match of the Day.

Carharrack's no. 6 (Murphy?) looked the best player on the pitch, has he played at a higher level in the past?

Final words of praise to the three club linesmen (Constantine used two different ones), who did an excellent job, and the Carharrack physio, who gave an extended period of treatment to an injured home player.

My first taste of Falmouth & Helston League football, I'll definitely be back.

--

Richard

Guest mikey catterall

Cant believe you didnt score Mikey!

Oh by the way, Someone on par with you.. West Cornwall's Owain Barrett. Read it in the mining league section

just one of those days mate we didnt create nothing staurt checked his result book and scorers list and im on 3o goals for the season not 28 i aint bothered about the scorers i just want us to challenge we are so inconsistant we played superb last week and shocking today it really whines me hope u are ok see u soon.

Guest mikey catterall

Yea unlucky with your result today. Didn't we beat them 13-0 a while back? What happened? Hope all is well dude

yeh we did beat them they had diff players this time but we were crap we didnt play football all they was doing was booting it out or down the field they scored with 25 left and just sat back u cant blame them there players even said they were expecting gettin stuffed against us if we won we would be top of leauge now were throwing it away

Guest mikey catterall

Its gonna be hard for you guys now aint it? Gotta win these games dude!! Who played?

dale

paul

luke

peter

scott

gareth

pip

tim

greg

carl

me

subs m rowe

its going to be hard like u said anyway im logging out mate im not happy thinking about it have a good one .

Guest some call him David Bentley

MULLION V CAHARACK ......CANCELLED :(

really annoying that this game was cancelled only to find out that it was cancelled due to no ref at 12 oclock grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Guest Postie Pidge

MISSING RESULTS:

Div 1 - Pendeen vs St Keverne

Div 3 - Frogpool vs Rosudgeon

Div 3 - Penryn vs Constantine

Div 3 - Stithians vs Hayle

Div 3 - Wendron vs Lizard

Guest mikey catterall

MULLION V CAHARACK ......CANCELLED :(

really annoying that this game was cancelled only to find out that it was cancelled due to no ref at 12 oclock grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

we had the same problem last season in f/h 3 the amount of games we and other teams supplied a ref was unbelieveable but this year in f/h 2 its only happened 1once and the other team supplied one i know the refs have a hard job and its always going to be harder gettin a ref at the lower levels of junior football because the higher leauges get priority thats my experiance anyway.

penryn 4ths 2-2 constantine res

penryn 2 down after half an hour, we missed loads of chances.

but got back to 2-2 with goals from james page and a last minute goal

from adam philpott. jacob johnson was superb in goal for tine.

cant say the same about his dad on the pitch 3 or 4 minutes

then got sent off. well reffed by andy parry.

if anyone did see andros can you let riggins74 and cloughy no please .the league are on to this now so i think ath are loseing for a reason because they no they will have points taken away when the truth comes out .i heard yesterday of our ref that the league are on to this and they are giving ath 10 days to prove that andros is a person if not mr toy you are f???.also can someone tell me wot teams have ath played since andros was suspended .just be nice to no

Mawnan 4-1 Falmouth Athletic

Great win for Mawnan yesterday! Chris Pellow 2, Damiiiiiaaaaaan Stevens and Kev"Salmon"Morris. Chris Earl scored for Athletic to record his 2nd goal in 2 weeks, pushing Pellow for a place up front now!

First goal Greg beat the defender on the edge of the box squared the ball for Pellow the Fellow to loop it over a stranded keeper. 1 nil at half time, thanks to a superb save for Noots in our goal to deny Joe Perrin. 2nd goal scored 10 mins after the restart but cant really remember what happened, sorry Pells. A cross in to the box caused confusion but Earl was on hand to knock the ball past the standed Noots with, Im lead to believe his testicles!! 2-1. Virtually straight from the restart Greg is bursting into the box like a tiger after a stranded deer. Then is taken out by the keeper for a clear cut penalty. Damo steps up and slots the ball to the keepers left as he dives the other way. But Pellow decided to wonder into the box a little earlier than he should so the ref orders a retake. Some mind games from the keeper were to no avail as Damo slots the balls to his right this time as keeper dives the other way 3-1. 10 mins before the end Smudge puts the ball into box, against Pellows advice, where ts met by the head of Kevin Morris who rose well to loop his header into the onion bag leaving the keeper no chance and waving at his mrs. Good performance by everyone!

Cannot confirm if Andros was there or not as NOONE has ever seen him to know what he looks like, though some balls did come back quickly from the hedge! Apparently we will all have egg on our faces when its proved he does. Not sure how that will happen, Ive heard hes now emigrated to Southampton and noone has his number. WOW shock!

Guest mikey catterall

Matty Rowe started on the bench???? Why??? The boy is very good!!!!!

weve got a new rotation policy i was supposed to go off at half time last week but cause we were 1-0 down i stayed on and scored 3 if we went in level i would probably got took off the rotation policy may or maynot work but everyone gets a game and u cant turn up with a bare 11 each week u got to keep the squad happy not just the starting 11

Matty Rowe started on the bench???? Why??? The boy is very good!!!!!

weve got a new rotation policy i was supposed to go off at half time last week but cause we were 1-0 down i stayed on and scored 3 if we went in level i would probably got took off the rotation policy may or maynot work but everyone gets a game and u cant turn up with a bare 11 each week u got to keep the squad happy not just the starting 11

Surely for a division winning team, your first and best 11 must always start for a hope of winning or even competing for the league! If Matty gets unhappy Mike, point him in my direction :c: lol!

Just looked at the league table, It's deffo going to go to the wire! If you'd have won yesterday, you'd have gone top!

Guest mikey catterall

if it was up to me i would start the strongest available until end of season but i feel sorry for stu because i know how much he trys to keep players happy and when pete came off for mate to come on pete went on a bit of a sulk and it pissed stu off and it filters through the team we only had 12 yesterday u would off thought everyone would be happy but matt and pete got pissed right off im glad i aint the manager i dont think u can mix success and happiness i love the guys to bits but i dont want to score 40 goals a season and not win nothing we need to start fighting for trophies but first the attitude needs sorting we cant go into games thinking its going to be easy.

Fal / Hel Div 2 comes up with yet more surprises. Constatine must be very pleased with yesterdays results.

The promotion race from this div is getting very very tight now. Half the league still has a shot at going up. Troon, Constantine, Rangers, all look well placed but Lizard, Camborne, Culdrose, Wendron, Carharrack, even Rosudgeon all still have a shot at it. Poor old Mawnan won't know what they are missing out on when it comes down to crunch time.

Take a look at the league table at the games lost and that shows you how tight it really is getting. It could be that a side who loses 10 or more games will still get promoted.

A very very competitive Division with more twists to come i'm sure.

:thumbsup:

Guest mikey catterall

i agree big breakfast its good that the leauge is gettin competative but as a player in a promotion chasing side is stressful because it seems when the top sides drop points so do we its going to be interesting to see the table at the end of the month once teams reach 20 games then u can acess what ur capable of achieveing its going to be a tense finally with promotion and relagation we "troon" have to play constantine twice we need to win both if were goung to challenge for title and promotion and we apparently have porthleven in 2weeks i dont think we have game saturday.

Guest mikey catterall

i agree big breakfast its good that the leauge is gettin competative but as a player in a promotion chasing side is stressful because it seems when the top sides drop points so do we its going to be interesting to see the table at the end of the month once teams reach 20 games then u can acess what ur capable of achieveing its going to be a tense finally with promotion and relagation we "troon" have to play constantine twice we need to win both if were goung to challenge for title and promotion and we apparently have porthleven in 2weeks i dont think we have game saturday.