Cornwall Football Forum

England v Spain

Guest Sport Lover

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

If he sticks the youngsters in, then fair enough. Bored with the usual suspects and really don't want to see Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand or Terry, we know what they can do. Bring on the Villa boys.

Guest Sport Lover

Beaten by a better team. Not really much fire power and chances created by England. Spains touch, passing and willingness to hold the ball looked superior.

On the positive side team selection was creative and these games should be used for the manager to learn things from them.

Jamie only a friendly?, I can sum it up in four words "same old English rubbish",

let us not beat about the bush England did not have a clue, they were out played & out classed in every department, I was hoping that under Capello that he would get them moving forward, but what did we get Back and forward Back & forward, it became so boring, evry time the Spanish whent forward they foung space, every time we tried to go forward the Spanish were there to block it & even get the ball away from an English player,

The Spanish must have been laughing all the way home,

Hammers :mellow::o:angry::c: :c:

Jamie only a friendly?, I can sum it up in four words "same old English rubbish",

let us not beat about the bush England did not have a clue, they were out played & out classed in every department, I was hoping that under Capello that he would get them moving forward, but what did we get Back and forward Back & forward, it became so boring, evry time the Spanish whent forward they foung space, every time we tried to go forward the Spanish were there to block it & even get the ball away from an English player,

The Spanish must have been laughing all the way home,

Hammers :mellow::o:angry::c::c:

Typical ignorant English fan...

England had only 3 players that would be guaranteed a starting place normally against an almost full strength Spain side who are probably the best side in the world right now.

Spain did pass the ball round well and deserved their win... but since when did friendly results matter?! Germany lost at home to Norway tonight, the Czech Republic drew with Morocco & Holland drew with Tunisia but it doesn't make any of those teams bad sides now does it.

As long as we get the right results in the qualifiers and we learn from friendlies then that's all that matters. I'm not worried about Capello and feel that he is the right man for the job.

Woodmanaldo, :SM_carton_y::SM_carton:

first of all I am not English I am A Cornish celt, & proud to be British,

as for your comments not worth the paper they are written on,

you are making excuses,

we should have plenty of players in this Country to fill gaps left by those who are unable to play for whatever reason, Take the our Football teams they have players who are injured, & they replace them with other players who fill the positions with pride & very often do a better job that the regular team players,

as for your remark that it was only a friendly what a load of rubish, our Countr'ys team should play any game against any Country with only one thing on their minds, & that is to win the game,

the real truth is we always play the same type of boring game, the Spanish were stylish confident, & they played to win the game, England could have stayed there all night & would not have scored, the team spent 50% of the game passing forwards one pace & back two paces,

they just had no answer to the spanish,

& on that performance will no Doubt make hard work of qualifying for the World cup, if at all.

Hammers :c: Cornwall :c: Cornwall :thumbsup::c::thumbsup: :c:

I feel that if you look at the game we didnt give spain too many clear cut chances although not creating many our selves i certainly feel if we had rooney,owen, gerrard, lampard on from start, joe cole, beckham starting, rio, a confident david james, we would have been more then match for spain. ALl considering we werent awful we looked professional but lacked fire power.

Spain are no doubt a good side but feel full stranght we would take them

Hammers am i glad your not our national manager otherwise none of the players would want to play

Might be "your" national manager, my English friend ! The People's Republic of St Just's national manager is Steve Curnow. The manager of Cornwall is....I don't know, have the CCFA still got a team ? I expect "chairman" picks the side from his mates.

England were tedious. I fell asleep again. Compare it with Brazil-Italy the night before ! Another world !

Jamthebest,

Even if you had Roony, Lampard, or Owen, it would not have made any difference because it is the way England allways play their game, it never changes, as for not giving spain many chances, were they troubled, ? the answer is no because England never looked like beating Spain,

I would love to see England do well it does the Country good,

but you cannot keep making excuses for the way they play, or that we did not have the best players on the pitch, it is so frustrating when you see them play the same old boring game, I ask why do they keep playing pass the ball back, pass it forward & back again, very often to the Goal keeper,? as for the goals Englands defence was terrible

How often did you see the spanish players pass the ball back to the keeper? you only had to listen to the crown, the Spanish players were making monkeys out of England, & I repeat were most likely Laughing all the way home.

Hammers :yahoo::thumbsup::c::c: :c:

I think the game showed just how techinally better Spain are than England.

OK, England weren't at full strength, but the football we play is direct stuff, England don't have a player with the same guile and poise as Alonso in the middle of the park for Spain, he'll go and take a 5 yard ball off a centre half and move forward with it!

I think England have certainly progressed, but if they're going to win anything, then its going to be done on passion and not on ability thats for sure!!

Guest The Bickland Bloke

England loose so many times in like the world cup and the euro's i've really just kind of given up on supporting my home country, ye i will still be looking at the results, but i would say i'm more of a spain fan to be quite honest.

Hammers has said it the way it is, England always play their games the same way. Sometimes it pays off but against the big teams it won't.

This was a great match to try out some of the players pushing for a starting place and slightly different systems. Playing against arguably the best country in the world a full strength Spain. Why didn't Spain win by a cricket score if England were that bad. Wriight Phillps and Downing may have blown their chances of more games as they were totally inefective Sadly Jessie James is fast becoming to inconsistant. The front two tried their hardest and deserve another chance. Capello will have learned a lot from this match especially the lack of quality ball players with an eye for a great pass. Sadly Beckham despite his age shows up the lack of that type of quality and I can see him playing for the next few years English football has become embroiled in producing players that can play great triangle football but its finding a player who has that Beckham quality.

Capello knows his best side and he knows his team will not be meeting a side of Spains quality every week in the qualification games. I'm sure we have those players somewhere Lets hope so

Well in my view England are no where near being even in the top 40 of the world they are that poor. Downing is not good enough to play at that level, and james needs to be shot in the head. Jaggy played well i thought except for one mis-placed pass. dug terry out a couple times. beckham did well when he came on. but SWP is not good enough. why on earth milner and young didnt play is beyond me. they've been the most consistent performers in the league this season. hopefully capello comes to his senses and start to play the players that deserves to play. Rooney is very much missed as he's our spirit and aggression.