Cornwall Football Forum

First female manager

Mike Odgers

Fisher Athletic will have lady manager in charge of their Blue Square Conference South home game with Eastleigh next Wednesday 18th.February

Turnstyle operator Donna Powell age 27 will manage Fisher Athletic who have lost their last 10 games on the bounce and lie next to bottom in the league against 3rd place Eastleigh..

It sounds like it is only for this game as she had to raise £500 sponsorship for the privilege but it has caused a stir with the media including the BBC news.

Fisher claim it is a historical moment as the first ever female in charge of a mans team in competitive football but this has already been questioned by Droylsden FC whose manager Dave Pace was totally disinterested with the Manchester Premier Cup matches that he let their tea ladies run the show.

Wasn't there a Duchy League team this season who made the Cornish news by temporarily letting a female manage?

I wouldn't dare comment, Judge, not since seeing the new picture. It has given me nightmares and I need counselling. Every time I walk Rolo up over Droskyn Point I carry a clove of garlic just in case !

:unsure:

PS. I did hear Gossie and Rusty are only allowed in the bar after home games if they've dusted the dressing room properly; and even then they have to wear slippers. :D