Cornwall Football Forum

WoW Perranporth WoW

Seems like this could be a bigger month for "PERRAN" "Porth" than "Well",,,,,,,,,,,,,the big cheese, the owner,the man in control of the club, and the purse strings ,,, has been reported as saying that if his golden boys dont beat Perranwell by at least 5 clear goals then he will be looking for a "new player manager" what with the credit crunch £100 a man makes for big hole in anyones pocket how long can that go on ????

The league is won now ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reading in the paper today, I read that Perranporth are the only Cornish team that have applied to join the SWPL whilst there are four clubs applying from the Devon and Exeter League.

Good luck, and lets hope your ground is up to standard when they inspect it in a few weeks, as if it isn't then no team from Cornwall will be promoted and they will have to fill the space in Div 1 West vacated by Goonhavern with another Devon club.

the big cheese, the owner,the man in control of the club, and the purse strings ,,, has been reported as saying that if his golden boys dont beat Perranwell by at least 5 clear goals then he will be looking for a "new player manager"

Our chairman has a "unique" sense of humour Vinny and he makes that comment pretty much every game. ;)

the big cheese, the owner,the man in control of the club, and the purse strings

Erm... last time I checked no-one OWNS Perranporth AFC and no one person is IN CONTROL of the club. Similar to most clubs control of our purse strings is shared between the treasurer and our fund raising co-ordinator, and as far as I'm aware the only cheese is in the burgers in the kitchen (and possibly Biffa's jokes) :D

Not sure how much patience Gossie or Rusty have got as I don't know them personally, but if too many comments get made like that it may not be the club looking for a new player/manager, more a case of the player/managers looking for a new club. Sense of humour or not Ronin a man can only take so much grief before he starts to wonder if it's all worth it.

the big cheese, the owner,the man in control of the club, and the purse strings ,,, has been reported as saying that if his golden boys dont beat Perranwell by at least 5 clear goals then he will be looking for a "new player manager"

Our chairman has a "unique" sense of humour Vinny and he makes that comment pretty much every game. ;)

the big cheese, the owner,the man in control of the club, and the purse strings

Erm... last time I checked no-one OWNS Perranporth AFC and no one person is IN CONTROL of the club. Similar to most clubs control of our purse strings is shared between the treasurer and our fund raising co-ordinator, and as far as I'm aware the only cheese is in the burgers in the kitchen (and possibly Biffa's jokes) :D

MOANING RONIN ,,,,, are you saying that the chairman is all talk full of wind and hiss ???? dont you think that as a true business man he has the equipment to make the changes he goes on about !!! and as for who runs the poor mans truro city i think money talks babe every woman knows that ,,,,and its not the committee lol

MOANING RONIN ,,,,, are you saying that the chairman is all talk full of wind and hiss ????

No dear you're the one saying that

and as for who runs the poor mans truro city i think money talks babe every woman knows that ,,,,and its not the committee lol

Hmmmm about as intellectual as the person who's name you hide behind aren't you? I tried to answer your original post in a polite manner but you're obviously just here for a row so I'll leave it at that. I'm off to a committee meeting at Perran now - I'll be sure to ask the chairman your questions for you :D

I cant think it will be a lot Pidge. On a personal note the only thing I would like to see changed is the size of the away changing room, and a few more showers.

Its a nice clubhouse, can watch the game from inside decent pitch. Progressing team on the pitch, im sure they will easily make the ground grading to go along with their promotion.

That slope behind the Perranporth changing rooms is dangerous too, especially the precipitous angle of the wheelchair ramp. Dangerous to start messing with that, though, because the ground underneath is like a Gorgonzola cheese. One wrong move, and the whole clubhouse could slide under the sand. If you know your way through the adits and shafts you can walk all the way underground from Perranporth to Dolcoath, apparently.

Surely the SWPL will requiire them to make appropriate arrangements for the disabled. Imagine if Mr Marsh were refereeing down there and got a bit tired or emotional, and couldn't get back up unaided, with or without a bath chair. Could cause serious pitch damage. Where would they put the foot of the crane to lift him ? :unsure: