Cornwall Football Forum

campaign over

Guest Norry

mining league division two

sennen 1 v crown inn glory 2

shocking.. woeful.. inept..awful..performance from sennen...but well done to crown..a team that has it's problems,but still manage to put a team out...that will give it's all..

as for sennen,well it's campaign over..chacewater,and newlyn will fight out for the title..

we must simply find some early season form,decent start,curis ladner scored to put us 1-0 up..

but then the walls all fell in,,couldn't defend..couldn't tackle..didn't compete..didn't take the chances offered.

we'll go far....back to the drawing board again!!!..but i'm running out of chalk..

Team Performance.... :angry2::angry: :(

Guest geoff jones

Everyone in the club knows why we have started to struggle, even against weak sides like Crown. We have the best centre half in west cornwall but his partner is not up to it. Four goals in two games given away because he is not good enough is a clear indication of this. There is a place for D in the team but not at C H.

D is too slow and doesn't read the game to make up for his lack of pace. He is unable to hold back from the big challenge which all strikers love. He doesn't cover(read) the full back. I could go on. It is not as if we do not have Skinny and Paul A, who are both good footballers, I say footballers because they do read the game well and both are capable of playing this key position.

Paul A can play defensive midfield, Glenn cannot. Glenn is the Stevie G of Sennen and good at it. But don't ask him to play like Mascherano. We are playing the best side in the mining league next week, if we don't get the centre halves and midfield defence playing together and not 20 yards apart we will get creamed.

We have a really good squad, we should be doing better.

well now i think it's time i said a few words....we all know (presumably) what we want for the club,and i as manager of sennen,would like to take this opportunity...to say a few words....

to ridicule any player within this club is not what i call club etiquette..especially from our chairman..if he or any other would like to discuss any players so called inabilites to perform on this stage,then why not come to me and ask me my views...instead of slagging players off..i do not condone these actions,,i personally would try to offer help,and if any one player was showing signs of loss of confidence or,needed time to put things right,then they should be given that opportunity...furthermore i have kept quite on the situation,,but against chacewater,the chairman through his passion for the game..decided to come into the changing room,and voice his concern,,but generally slated every player for their so called ill efforts and use of tactics.

i have never said how the club should be run. but to come in to the changing room take center stage is to put it midly very annoying....all though i have never personally fell out with geoff over any comments..it now must be at a point that either i have assurances from him to leave the football side to me,and the running of the club to him..or this position of manager will become untenable.

i do my best with all the resources i have...we have been unfortunate of late with injury's to key players..but we carry on.....i belive there is a good squad of players here..who are capable of doing well,but at the moment may not be quite ready for division one.....but we try regardless....

i would gladly like to see any comments on this issue....

we have been here before on this issue..it needs to be resolved.....A.S.A.P.

thanks for your concerns mawnan9...internal wranglings,and a chairman who,wants to be a manager,is causing a lot of problems i don't need....maybe its time to call it a day.... :unsure:

thanks general....but after so many years being involved..i am starting to lose my enthusiasm,and desire..for a game iv'e enjoyed for many a year...so although i have not quit yet as manager of sennen.i am weighing up my options,of whether or not to continue....their is a good bunch of lads out there,and despite the catchment area not being so wide....we have a good large squad...it's the interferences i dont need..

chin up norry

seen your lads play a few times this season and they have performed well, but only need the manager to sort them out and get their heads back up.

i helped run a local team for a while till the "politics" of a village team took hold and was TOLD who to play so i quit. :angry2: whats the point of a manager if everyone else puts "their" oar in. it totaly disjoints the team

it's hardly a club in crisis - you're second in the league - you've got a good side, you just lost a couple of games to Chasewater & Crown.. The Crown are a good side by the way, just had a bad start to the season. To be honest we (Newlyn) just scraped past them recently. We also lost to Portreath but it's not season over!

I can appreciate the last thing you need is this foolish chairman who feels the need to slate his players on a public forum, (or the dressing room) but your players probably don't want to hear 'Campaign Over' talk either.

Remember where you are in the league - if teams like the Crown & Titans decided to give up when it looks like they aren't going to win the league.. well there wouldn't be a league. They turn up every week, give it their all, and so do your boys. How about putting a 'Arry Redknapp arm around their shoulders and keep their confidence up for the run in.

with reference to campaign over....i was stating the obvious that we would not win the league,,but needed to finish strong,,that was our objective for the reminder..sorry if this caused confusion..... :P

Guest geoff jones

I am sorry that you feel that my comments undermine your position as manager, Norm, but we have been in this position before, some years ago, and you know I have my views on team selection and tactics. .

I was asked by the two previous managers, Steve and Simon for my input (every week) which I hoped was helpful, but you obviously do not need it

Unfortunately I have to view my thoughts which are and never have been a slur on you personally, although I don't always agree with you.

I think that you would be better off without my input as Chairman, which I have always thought was my right. So therefore I have told Jean to look for someone else to do the job. I hope you don't mind if I carry on as spectator, from a position where I will have no right to criticise.

As far as slagging off players goes, Dave has made it clear to me and others that he doesn't feel comfortable playing centre half, please speak to him about it.

In the changing room at half time against Chacewater, I am sure that I annoyed you because I was annoyed myself because even Jean Nicholas could see where we had a problem but unfortunately you couldn't. Enough said.

The last thing we need is petty politics. Its all yours, good luck.

From A sepctators view Geoff it looks like you dont need to resign but just reconsider what being a chairman involves ?? A successful relationship between manager and chairman always seem to work when the manager is left to it and keep your opinion on things between you and him so the players dont undermine him

I am sure Norry would want you around from your postings it seems you have been at the club along time and having that in a club is priceless. I would think that if you could have a chat with manager and sort differences i.e what he wants you involved etc you could get sennon back to winning ways.

At the end of the day your second in the table you both have done something right here just needs tweaking and you could be back in title race this year or next

Again of course this is only an opinion who does not know either of you

sorry geoff,that you feel the need to step down,that is not my decision,however,as manager i feel not undermined,but like you said we have been here before,as manager you know that the buck stops with me,i make the decisions right or wrong,on team selection and tactics.as for now three quarters through a season,a player say's he's not comfortable with a certain position,i find astonishing,that he has not approached me,but has spoken,presumably to yourself or even jean about it..i certainly have had no feedback on this issue..if a player is not happy about what he is asked,you would have thought i would have heard of this by now....your comments about the input of team selection,and team play and to an extent criticism,of any player..with me would be sound,if only you pulled me to one side and mentioned it,without going public on a site forum,for all to read,this should have been kept in behind closed doors....

i personally,don't wan't to see you step down,because of this,minor problem..but i have never said how you should run the club as a chairman. it seems we both have a conflict of interest,and we don't see eye to eye,on certain issues within the club....i would like this sorted out for the better for the club in general..this is not about you and me...we are good friends,but we look different ways..this is and always will be a village team,we don't have the capacity to go as far as we would all like to go,and so far we have achived a lot in 4 year since the club got back in buisness..there is still a long way to go.....we all need to pull together...

Could I suggest a phone call to arrange a cup of tea have a chat sort your differences arrange how to pull the club higher then crack on and leave this forum alone with this issue as it does not give the sennon the right outlook to a neutral and you are both doing something right to be second in table.

Guest geoff jones

Norm, we know each other well, from football over the years and you know I have got to put my tenpenneth in. I am not being the self righteous martyr when I say, you get on with it. Good luck, I mean it. I enjoy watching. I will be there Saturday. Sorry if I have offended anyone, in particular, Dave. I think he should have aired his feelings with you, first.

I think this forum is great because you can sit down the day after a game and hang your washing out. If you know what i mean. So what, we are not a secret society, in fact football should be public to anyone interested. Football has always been what happens on and off the pitch, good in it.

Nothing personal, Norm. Grand!

thanks geoff..i know you are sincere..but i wished either you spoke to me or even phoned me to air your views...all this mess could so easily have been averted.....but look forward to seeing you on sat..

discussion closed.....

Guest geoff jones

Sorry to have the last word, but, it still comes down to your original entry when you said 'back to the drawing board, but i'm running out of chalk'. Please tell me, is it the rubbish being written on the drawing board the reason why we have to keep going back to it, or is it the players inability to follow what is being wriiten? So you have to keep telling them. I didn't and still don't know what you were inferring. Tell me Saturday.

geoff...this is becoming annoying to say the least....but you and i both know,if u can field your strongest team.for any given fixture,then you have a percentage chance of winning hopefully...over the last few weeks we have had a disrupted team,,we have had ollie george out for the best part..rob spence out for 4 to 5 weeks colin butler..out and..paul angove unavailable last sat,as along with matt lowe..and with all due respects to our squad as big as it is,when resources are stretched,you will feel the strain,,other players therefore have the opportunity to show what they are capable of.and they need the chance,,if they do not grab it,,then maybe the opportunity has gone...we have signed some good new players.who are a good prospect for the club,but are not quite physically strong enough,but they will mature hopefully,,as for my reactions,to back to the drawing board...i am still learning about this game,,and the players i have at my disposal..and some players probably already know,who is good enough for the team,and those who possibly need more time..i have plenty of chalk..and have been to the drawing board many times.and no doubt will visit it a few more times yet..when one door closes...another opens.it's a simple as that...

all i will say is we at titans have more reason to argue than any team in mining 2.to say things have not gone well for us this season would be an understatement but! we would never air our greviences on this forum.we would either sort things out in the changing room after the game or meet in the week when we have cooled down. :(:( try swapping places with us because i know were our club would rather be.

tell jean to pick your dummies up bang your heads together and get on with the football. you have a good squad of players don't ruin it with petty public arguments.

in no way do i wish to offend either of you because our club has had 2 very good games against you, as chairman of titans i know how difficult it is to get anyone to help out off the field, you both obviousely think a lot of your club so it would be a big lose to sennon if either of you stepped down.

:c::drink::thumbsup: :smiley20:

Blimey, Norman, what a loss to senior football your statesmanlike contributions are. When you were playing Taylor to T.B.'s Clough a few years ago, nobody appreciated the strategic genius hidden beneath that shining pate. I hope all those Sennen boys are genuflecting appropriately and have seen the light now.

Chalk ? I shall advise Jean to invest in an interactive whiteboard....it's cheaper than Scolari !

Come on you Covers !

:D

thankyou mr rosenberg,for your kind and resounding comments...i remember those days well,under terry burgess..a man i have the utmost respect for,and his contributions to junior,and senior football,are second to none...and steve curnow,at the helm at st just....doing a fine job..i for my sins will endeavour to carry on with or without the shining light..or chalk or no chalk!!system...keep up the good work issac..at the end of the day..(someone keeps telling me) "it's only a game"..if only that was true.......... :c:

Absolutely, Norm, cos we know it's more important than life and death really. You did warn us, years ago, that things would go downhill if we let those foreign managers take over. Well, Erikson has come and gone, as you warned. I don't suppose there's any danger, in view of the current boardroom battle at Sennen, that Jean could be hatching a secret deal to bring him in on a short-term contract, just to spike Titans and Buryan and the other big clubs ?

Mind you, Sven would want a supply of beach babes. Tony Adams could be more in line with the Sennen philosophy, what do you think ? Then there's Scolari, but I have to say as a Chelsea fan that I doubt he has the experience to deal with the quick thinking needed when being attacked by seagulls, from Mousehole or otherwise, down the far end of your pitch. Especially if Michael is muckspreading next door !

Neil Payne, the Great Goat God, my boyhood role model (well, I was about 40, but a late developer) could be the answer !! More goals than Rapsey !! Bring him on ! :c: