Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 07/02/2009

good result for fal ath. bloody ref was just as well to be wearing a troon shirt. he was terrible. the red card was fair and one of the pens but every other decision he made was a joke. fal ath had to be on form and giving 150% today whilst playing against 12 men. but well done to ath they were outstanding and it was one of the best matches i ve seen. about 50 - 60 crowd. well done to constantine and we r now looking forward to a good spirited final. :D

well done tine excellent result ---the better team won

did we actually have a shot on goal apart from a direct free kick???????? we deserved to go out---consentrate on the leauge now chase and practice putting the ball between the posts it helps¬!!!!!!!!!

the ref was excellent!!!!!!!!!

muppy.. i hope you are joking about the ref!!

Well done to constantine, they battled hard and restricted chace to not a single shot on target. Had nil nil written all over it until the ref thought he would find a penalty out of good tackle with the ball changing direction by 90 degrees. Maybe he couldn't face extra time it was that bad!

Good luck to constantine and Athletic in the final.

caharrack 2 culdrose 2.

culdrose should of killed the game off but. poor finishing and a late caharrack goal meant it was 2 points dropped.

the ref had his first ever game in charge and was ok apart from a terible 3 decisions at the end which led to caharracks goal, firstly the ball went out for a culdrose throw which he gave the other way, the resulting throw in was a foul throw which then was handled by a caharrack player to turn in a cross for the goal.

i know its sour grapes and like i say we should of killed the game off but it was a bad way to not win a game.

great result 4 constantine out played chacewater from start to finsh on a very tricky playing surface.tine keeper didnt have to make a save,now for a good final to look foorward to against my old team fal ath.ref also had a very good game,i dont think there was a bad tackle in the game.

Guest mikey catterall

troon 3 lizard 1

in a hard but fair encounter troon put in a good performance going in half time 1-0 down there was a good team talk and with the wind troon were hard to stop with goals from mikey catterall (3) thats (28) for the season i aint blowing my trumpet just lettin the other top scorers know. :yahoo:

spenny your having a laugh!!!!!!!! tine didnt restrict chace from shooting---- chase just wouldnt try!!!! why with the wind behind you was not 1 shot , in the fist half, tried on goal?

as for the penalty--- "going through a player" when the ball is nowhere near him ,whether in the box or not, is a foul.

wake up old timer and accept we were ouplayed and out classed.

just because the ref gave a penalty against you does not make him poor as every one around me--- spectators and second team players (there to watch) agreed it belonged on wwf!!!!!

DIVISION 1

ST KEVERNE 1 - 2 PENRYN

matt pearce

joe roberts (pen) (again)

good game, tricky surface, penryn 2-0 up at half time, st keverne battled well to get a goal back.

Guest wafu's rule

PORTHLEVEN RANGERS WON 1-0 GREAT GOAL BY BART WORTLEY I THINK, HARD BUT FAIR GAME BEST OF LUCK TO FROGPOOL FOR REST OF THE SEASON, NOT SURE GAMES LIKE THESE ARE GOOD FOR COZY'S CONDITION.

have been told that truro city beat helston 2-0 in falmouth helston 1 league

a scrappy game which was probably Helstons for the taking,poor conditions meant truros young side couldnt get their passing game together.Helston won all the 50/50 balls and everything in the air but truro took their chances.Helston were unlucky to come away with nothing from this game

DIVISION 1

ST KEVERNE 1 - 2 PENRYN

matt pearce

joe roberts (pen) (again)

good game, tricky surface, penryn 2-0 up at half time, st keverne battled well to get a goal back.

Good result for the Ryn, Joe Roberts turning into a Match Winning Player, keep it up Ryn ;-)

Well done to Athletic yesterday, a well deserved victory for you guys, unfortunately our defending was a struggle yesterday on the most important match of our season, but if their was a nuetral around then you have some good entertainment.

The ref I thought was excellent, Steve has a lot of respect around the county for his referring and has been at the top level in the county for many years, he had to make some big decesions yesterday and all in all they were correct. So well done Steve!!!

I wont be getting into a slagging match of opinions, but just to wish your club well for the final and the rest of the season.

Well done Guys!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest mikey catterall

mikey catterall

nice one bushy i like the photo u just gave me a new celebration and watsy comment about the royal albert hall is a good one point taken typical penryn boys ha ha good luck for the season guys :clapper:

Unofficial FHFL 3 Table @ 07/02/2009

FHFL 3 - 07/02/2009

Carharrack Res 0 St Day III 1

Lizard 2 Wendron 2

Rosudgeon 1 Hayle 2

Trispen v Falmouth Athletic Res - Post

caharrack 2 culdrose 2.

culdrose should of killed the game off but. poor finishing and a late caharrack goal meant it was 2 points dropped.

the ref had his first ever game in charge and was ok apart from a terible 3 decisions at the end which led to caharracks goal, firstly the ball went out for a culdrose throw which he gave the other way, the resulting throw in was a foul throw which then was handled by a caharrack player to turn in a cross for the goal.

i know its sour grapes and like i say we should of killed the game off but it was a bad way to not win a game.

Bit Harsh Mouser. Not the way saw it.I thought it was a good competitive game. My match report to follow.

Totally agree with your comments Riggins and a big thank you to ALL the troon boys and spectators who came back to the FOUR WINDS INN for a Bevvy.

As for the ref, receiving four penalties, having no bookings or sending off's i too would be full of praise,but on the receiving end it is totally different. Ex Troon gk Mr Thomas agreed that alot of decisions were in Troons favour, with Shane laughing and saying this is easy to get a penalty here after falling in the box. Most spectators were also appauled.

But nothing to do with Troon they are a good side and kept bouncing back time and time again,they showed alot of passion and played a huge part in a highly entertaining game

Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Good result for Troon 2nds... And a well done to the brass player Mikey Catterall :P (Just kidding fella, Been amused looking at the forum :L)

Also unlucky to Troon 1sts, I know how passionate the guys were about this cup, especially Matt. If you don't get Combo next year, You will have a very good chance of winning it next year.

All the best to both the teams for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

hell of a tough game against a battling pendeen side yesterday and done well to come through 2-1!! well done to athletic and constantine flying the flag for the falmouth/helston league!!! is there a mikey catterall brass band appreciation group on facebook?

Guest beanhead

Wendron 2 Mawnan 0

we were awful today i was ok on the left but everything i seemed to create for the front men they didnt seem to put away.nice to see chris wood starting allthough jason will now be thinking why did he do that as a poor performance from chris. daniel buckingham did well on his first game in a while but looked a little off the pace, allthough saying that over the last 6 months his life style has changed and he is now posting on here as grant rather then at the gym.

AJ started on the bench and will have a point to prove this week in training i would think

good luck to wendron for season

Guest Mawnans no 9

a great 3 points for us today against pendeen allthough i thought we should have won by more really

we are starting to string some good form together and hopefully continue till the end of the season

Shaun i thought Jason has had a chat with you about posting on here and banned you ? You will be spoken too at training

a great 3 points for us today against pendeen allthough i thought we should have won by more really

we are starting to string some good form together and hopefully continue till the end of the season

Shaun i thought Jason has had a chat with you about posting on here and banned you ? You will be spoken too at training

Guest Mawnans no 9

I have been assured our seconds wont give up Phil we are very much in the race and would like to take constanwehaveloadsofmoneytine i run for their money

Frogpool 0 Porthlevern Rangers 1

This week Rangers travelled to Frogpool looking for the points from this encounter to ensure their hunt for consecutive promotions stays on track. With this week's weather having taken its toll on the pitch conditions, it was always going to be difficult for either side to get the ball down and pass it around. Frogpool, with the wind at their backs, applied the early pressure but Rangers defended resolutely when needed and looked to hit the home side hard on the counter. Frogpool did create a couple of openings but Rangers keeper Andy Wortley was never really tested. The best of Frogpool's chances came after Rangers gave the ball away cheaply in their final third. A couple of quick passes found the lone front man but he fired wide of the mark from just inside the box. Rangers' best chance in the half fell to front man Gary Richards. A quick Rangers break found the striker who beat the offside trap and ran in on goal, the Frogpool keeper came out, narrowed the angle well and pulled off a fine save. Richards, 10 minutes later, thought he was in again this time beating the keeper but not the flag. The second half saw Rangers with the wind at their backs and with more and more of the play. As the game went on it was starting to look as if one goal would be enough to take all the spoils. Rangers duly obliged when young Martin Wortley and Dan Thomas linked up down the right side before Wortley drove into the box and fired across the keeper and in at the far post to leave Rangers one up with 15 minutes to play. Frogpool one down with time running out, pushed more people into the attack but the Rangers backline stood firm. It was again the home keeper who was forced into action yet again making two more great stops and keeping them in the game. At the final whistle it was Frogpool 0, Rangers 1 and although not much between the sides the result was a fair reflection.

Stithians 1, Cury 5

Cury visited Stithians in their latest Division Three match.The visitors started well and if it wasn't for the home keeper, who had a brilliant match, would have been two or three up in the first 10 minutes. Cury opened their account on 35 minutes when Craig Sadler found Joe Bray who fired past the keeper. Right on half-time Cury doubled their lead when Bray again scored from a Graham Cook corner. Cury played with the wind at their backs in the second half and scored further goals through Cook, Simon Burnett and Gavin Cross to seal a comfortable victory. Stithians scored a late consolation goal.

Better late than never!

FHFL 2

07/02/2009

Carharrack AFC 2 RNAS Culdrose 2

Matches against the Airmen are always competitive and this game was no different. With Carhararck on form RNAS Culdrose knew they had to attack in order to get a result.

The first half was fairly even with some good football played on the ground by both teams. Carharrack had chances earlier on in the game but they narrowly went wide.

Culdrose made use of their made use of their wings resulting in Carharrack tracking back to migrate the risk of crossing coming into the Culdrose strike force. However just before half time the Airmen right winger No. 7 ran through the Carhararck defence to gift his strikers who were more than willing to accept by heading home the lead past the line.

After the interval Carharrack needed to push forward in order to get the equaliser unfortunately the visitors goalkeeper was well positioned to stop any of the home teams attempts at goal. On the 64th Culdrose ran against the run of play straight through the middle and chipped the home keeper.

The game now looked to be going one way. However Carhararck were determined to fight back and in the last ¼ tried to build up play into the Culdrose box. The opportunity they were hoping for came when a corner ball landed to the feet of Carhararck defender Tristan Burrows who got one back for the Reds.

The Carharrack manager held back for 5 more minutes before debuting youth players Adam Mears and James O’Hare. Once the substitutes were on the field of play Carhararck changed to 3-5-2 formation in the hope of flooding the Culdrose defence. Mears looked awsome and appeared to run riot on the left wing, he is certainly looks like a player for the future. In the final moments of the game O’Hare made a fantastic throw in for the Carharrack offensive to cross it in for leading goal scorer Liam Bray who got the equaliser just before the final whistle.

A good game played in good spirits.

First game in charge for the referee, thought he had a superb match and kept the game flowing through out.

Photos above.