Cornwall Football Forum

Best Under 18 in cornwall?

Guest retiredscorer

Couldn't agree more - Darran Edwards came on yesterday and I heard he made all the difference I hear, at 16 that's a good player to look out for.

Guest SHRFC-TUFC

Scott Bennett is the best under 18 player in the county by a country mile. Scott is currently playing for Exeter City Reserves and my mate who is scott bennett and the bennett familys friend went up to watch Exeter City Res v Plymouth Argyle Res and Plymouth had a really strong side out with many of the first teamers ( Steve Maclean, Emile Mpenza, Craig Noone... to name a few) and only lost 2-1 and Scott apparently marked Emile Mpenza out of the game. In the summer he signed a pro contract with exeter city. Keep up the good work scott

i played against scott bennett a couple of weeks ago for torquay utd u18s, where we beat citys u18s 1-0. bennett was poor and the back and got run ragged by a school boy. i dont know how good he is usually but it didnt seem anything much.

I have heard that thee FA are looking to change the minimum age of footballers playing adult football again, from 16 but to this time 18. If they go ahead with this, then surely the selcetion process will become far easier for Tommy and his team as they will all be playing in the saem under 18 league and it won't matter whether they are playing Senior or Junior football.

Guest Parksy

I have heard that thee FA are looking to change the minimum age of footballers playing adult football again, from 16 but to this time 18. If they go ahead with this, then surely the selcetion process will become far easier for Tommy and his team as they will all be playing in the saem under 18 league and it won't matter whether they are playing Senior or Junior football.

Best Under 18's In Cornwall?? Saul Halpin and Will Cherrill. Both Play For Torquay Under 18's. Train With Them Everyday. Great Players. Both From Cornwall.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gaffer09

liam thornton is over rated played against him this year 2 times didnt do anything against our defence! what that boy said about scouts not comming up the saltash torpoint liskeard looe area is right there alot of decent players around here that no1 looks at !

Guest goalmachine999

3 players arron bicknell, scott bennett and liam eddy. if people are putting billy hopcroft and other strikers ahead of liam then they are silly. hes playing at truro first team and doing very well for such a young talent. i think that speak for itself.

The county squad this year has shown what talent it does have. its a team game and your going to have some players better than others but thats how the weaker players improve. Their maybe players that are not in the county squad that should be. but the county have not got to the level they are at for no reason!!!!!!!!

we should be praizing the job tommy mathews has done this year not debating on other players being in his squad!!!!!

Guest retiredscorer

I agree - from what I have seen Tom knows a good player when he sees one, look at his youth team of years ago, Darren Edwards and Dave Blizzard they are both doing really well at Penryn Firsts. I am told Darren has a maturity beyond his 16 years on the football pitch.

Guest Steve Marshall

I have watched a lot of football this season and would say oliver Brokenshire and Niel Slateford of Falmouth are two of the best I have seen. Darren Edwards from Penryn is also one to keep an eye on. Sticker have two excellent young players in Kieren Conibear and jordan Dingle, both have the ability to play at a higher level. Chris luxton of Newquay is a good prospect.