Cornwall Football Forum

In this day and age of technology, Dave's way was a joy.

As a signmaker, we have people from clubs all over devon and cornwall who fly an email over to us with orders for boards etc, But Dave was uniquely different, all Dave used to bring in was scrap paper with a drawn out logo on for me to copy - or at best a tatty compliment slip!

He's the only one who i would spend time for, off my own back, and footballs lost a true servant.

Any body know of the funeral date?

Our sincerest condolences go to his family.

I never knew him but i am sure all of us at St Day will remember the date, Easter Monday 2006, Junior Cup Final. The venue, St Blazey, The game, St Colomb Major v St Day. The pitch was amazing that day and gave all the players and fans of St Day arguably the greatest day in their history, with a narrow 2-0 win for St Day. without the pitch and venue, That day could have been very different and all of us at St Day would like to say how gratefull we were for all involved at St Blazey and to Dave for his groundsmanship that day.

The pitch that day was made playable for two games, The Junior Cup Final and The Senior Cup Final between Truro and Bodmin. A credit to the groundsman.

Once again our deepest condolences go out to his family.

From all involved at St Day AFC

Guest Uncle Albert

Very sorry to hear the news of Dave May. The standard of the Blaise Park pitch said it all about Dave.

Mr Chairman, your thoughts would be welcome, and any details of Dave's funeral. Many thanks.

I'd like to re-iterate what others have already said about the sad loss of Dave and naturally all at Blaise Park offer sincere condolences to his family and close friends.

Although associated with the club for less than 5 Years, his tireless efforts with many charitable events,programme contributions, golf days,6 aside football and of course the pitch, mean that we are now left with an enormous gap to fill.

I ought to add too, that he contributed over the years to the success of the Par Carnival.

R.I.P.Dave :drink: one for you mate.

• 2 weeks later...