Cornwall Football Forum

Backlog of games for Duchy Premier

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

With the weather playing its part and other unfortunate circumstances there are teams that are going to struggle to get fixtures played.

With the Junior cup and league cup not getting their rounds played is this going to affect teams on a build up of games and start to affect performances?

We have been lucky "touch wood" so far, but on looking round noticably at Edgcumbe will this affect them with some of there team working some evenings and shift patterns,could this potential build up of games knock their good first half of their season,along with any of the other 4 that are in with a shout of the title??

personally cant see it being a problem as far as Edgcumbe is concerned. Millbrook only have 6 home games left, we only have 3 away games left. so it will work out. ALL teams usually end up with evening games at the end of the season, as we have floodlights down at millbrook we wont have to do 6pm kick offs like some teams, so i actually think it could work in our favour.

if we are playing right up to the end of may then thats fine by me, it will mean we'll still be in every competition!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

With tomorrows cup game cancelled for Edgcumbe,it will be 7 weeks without a game by the time they can play it at home!! Not good for a side that were on a good run!!!

With tomorrows cup game cancelled for Edgcumbe,it will be 7 weeks without a game by the time they can play it at home!! Not good for a side that were on a good run!!!

why u so worried about what edgcumbe are doing dont you have your own team to worry about?? it doesnt matter how long we go without a game we will hit the ground running trust me. if anything this period of no games has enabled us to get a few players back from injury and meant that a few players who were working didnt miss important matches.

not really, i just think its quite funny how your so worried about us when your biggest worry should be how to overtake us.

as keano says, millbrook have 4 games left, so not only will we get a nice run of games to the end of the season when the pitches will be a bit firmer, but they will all be at home as well. i'll take that any day of the week.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Another postponment for Edgcumbe!!!!

Apparently St. Dennis is under water,and that will make it 7 weeks without a game!

We have less of a break in the summer!!

yeah your right i reckon we will lose every game now for the rest of the season. cant see how we can get over this. as it stands i reckon we will just play about 2-3 evening games, which will work out at 1 a week, most probably ALL at home.

Also, with no Ryan in the dugout, jonny harris, graham or myself today, i was actually quite happy it was off, think its been working out better for us - and it means we are at home next week. happy days!!

losing is never on my mind unfortunatley.

Looking forward to getting back into the action this saturday in the junior cup, then hopefully we can somehow catch up on the 1 game in hand we have on torpoint, i honestly dont know how this will happen though its gonna be a nightmare, we may even have to play one week after torpoint at the end of the season, or even worse play on a tuesday or thursday evening!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

My point is you havent played for 6-7 weeks and it might affect perfomance!!!!!

You havent even played the ko cup 1st rnd so that might cause a build up if you progress!

The league have contacted me about us playing you mid-week in march/april so they must be thinking what i am!!!!

Oh and the bit of rain we have had give Millbrook the chance to call your semi off on saturday!!!!lol

yeah thats one way you can look at it, but if we are playing 3 games a week then our fitness levels will be much higher than our opposition. we need to hit the ground running tmrw, but st dennis haven't played for about a month as well so everyone on the pitch will probably be needing oxygen after an hour!!

i have no doubt we will play you in an evening game, and probably looe as well due to them close fixtures. but at the end of the day we have only played 1 less game than you lot, so it aint as bad as it could have been after not playing for 6 weeks or so, luckily other fixtures have been cancelled aswell.