Cornwall Football Forum

culdrose cancelled games

i just wondered after talking to a helston player sat telling me that culdrose cancelled there combo game because they could not raise a team for there home game against helston.

but i noticed that there fal /hels team played at home .i thought that you had to play the combo game first being a senior game and cancel the fal/hels game.

i can understand that people go on leave but if you cant field a combo team surely how can you field a junior team.

also they done the same in the junior cup chacewater had to wait to play there cup match with culdrose.

because culdrose had people away .we as a club had 5 people working for the same company .they all had go away to work in london .so could we cancel our games till they come back ?the answer is NO we had to take 5 people from our reserves to play in our first team i feel culdrose should be made to do the same :drink:

thats no excuse st darren surely its not hard to sign a bit of paper

all i saying is that other teams get made to move players up to play what ever the most senior game is .

surely this should happen there or could we of told the league that we got 5 players going away to work but we cant play any of our seconds because we not signed them on .what do u think they would say ?

thats no excuse st darren surely its not hard to sign a bit of paper

all i saying is that other teams get made to move players up to play what ever the most senior game is .

surely this should happen there or could we of told the league that we got 5 players going away to work but we cant play any of our seconds because we not signed them on .what do u think they would say ?

they have always let culdrose get away with murder,even when i was playing we seemed to play them home and away last games of the season :drink:

i just wondered after talking to a helston player sat telling me that culdrose cancelled there combo game because they could not raise a team for there home game against helston.

but i noticed that there fal /hels team played at home .i thought that you had to play the combo game first being a senior game and cancel the fal/hels game.

i can understand that people go on leave but if you cant field a combo team surely how can you field a junior team.

also they done the same in the junior cup chacewater had to wait to play there cup match with culdrose.

because culdrose had people away .we as a club had 5 people working for the same company .they all had go away to work in london .so could we cancel our games till they come back ?the answer is NO we had to take 5 people from our reserves to play in our first team i feel culdrose should be made to do the same :drink:

As far as i understand it we have four pitches at Culdrose, The 2 pitches furthest from the club house are suitable/meet regulations for senior football (ie combo.) and the two pitches which run down either side of the club house are unsuitabe for senior football. On saturday im lead to belive it was the two senior pitches furthest from the clubhouse which were waterlogged. That is why our reserve team was able to utilise one of the "junior" pitches for their game. But the truth should never get in the way of a good rumour.

RNAS Culdrose has four Pitches, Pitches 1 & 2 are the combination standard pitches metting the criteria of Senior Football i.e roped off etc.

Every Friday Morning the pitches are inspected by an MOD Contracted Groundsman who, accompanied by a level 5 referee deems whether the pitches are playable. The Friday before last all pitches were put out of bounds and therefore the first team's home game was called off. As the Reserves were away to Chacewater their game was not affected.

On Friday the pitches were inspected as usual and Pitch 2 (spare combo pitch) was put immediately out of bounds, Pitch 1(combo pitch) was deemed playable but borderline and we requested the referee to conduct a further inspection on Saturday Morning. Pitches 3 & 4 were playable but heavy.

After a further inspection early on Saturday the referee said that in his opinion the pitch should not be played on if there were any further downpours. We requested that he contact the Match referee and asked him to leave it until after lunch. The two level 5 refeees called the game off after a further inspection at 1230.

The Reserves game was scheduled to be played on pitch 3 anyway due to Pitch 2 being out of bounds.

I hope this clears up any, shall I call them misunderstandings.

As for the issue of the Junior Cup tie versus Chacewater, the exemption of Service sides to play during leave periods has been in place since our clubs formation in 1947. The Reserves were re-elected to the FHFL in 2005 with all league members fully aware of the caveats involved.

We understand the issues caused by the leave periods but it is something that causes more problems as a club for us than anyone else after all we end having to play up to 4-5 fixtures a week come the end of the season. At present the 1st team are 5 games behind most teams and the Reserves 6 games behind!