Cornwall Football Forum

Again....what do the Liverpoolfans think?

gillo10

Have to say I would be a touch confused if United bought a decent player, hardly played him, then got rid of him after he had started scoring goals and just before a massive few months! What happens if Torres gets injured again? Left with Kuyt, toy knives are more lethal, Ngog, mmmm or Babel, not going to score a lot to lead the line. Seems a crazy decision to me but hey, Im happy for him to carry on!

What do you guys feel? Anyone buy a shirt with his name on? Bet you aint happy about it!!

Again not a dig just curious!

Guest The Bickland Bloke

I wouldn't have minded as much if we got arron lennon in the deal. :glare::wacko: He played some very good games and scored a few goals. Feel sorry for the lad thoe, being dejected by your child hood club. I just wish him the best of luck at spurs! :c:

Weird transfer to be honest, thought Defoe and Keane couldn't play together?. Is Harry losing the plot and is he way out of his depth? He spent the last month trying to secure Kenwyne Jones or Santa Cruz because he wanted a big strong lad to hold the ball up and bring some balance to the team, then buys Robbie Keane :wacko: ..

However, I think it's actually been a pretty successful window for Spurs. Cudicini, Chimbonda, Palacios, Defoe, Keane... How have these 5 signings not improved our squad?. Cudicini was free, Chimbonda brought back at a £2million profit, Keane back for the equivalent of £2million..... All good really and hopefully desire to prove so many people wrong could mean that we have a very sharp and hungry Robbie Keane back at the lane?

They may have improved your side but buying 3 players you got rid of seems a backward step.

The man who got rid of them got 2 points out of 8 games, played left wingers on the right, right wingers at full back and was ultimately sacked. With the returning players in the squad, we managed 5th place finishes in successive seasons. That's a backwards step I'm willing to make at the moment..

Now that Defoe has been crocked in training by one of the lumbering Tottenham intellectuals, probably Dawson or Huddlestone, standing on his delicate pointy little toe, the gobs***e Keane will only have himself to shout and swear at, as Tenko Pavlyucenko won't understand him anyway. Maximum likely reward for the season from Keane, about seven goals. Even bent managed two in twenty minutes before you collapsed against the Trotters.

Keane, tactical genius, like everybody else trained by Jack Charlton and McCarthy...

Dream on, lilywhite halfwits....

I understand Liverpool paid an extra million to Spurs not to have to accept Jonah Bale, evn to sweep the Kop......

The Waste Land Revisited

February is the cruellest month,

...mixing memory and desire, stirring

dull Spuds with spring rain....

Winter kept them warm, feeding

Earth in forgetful snow,

A little life in dried tubers....

:thumbsup:

Gillian, you're back !

Taking editorial advice from you would be like putting a flea-ridden dog in charge of hospital hygiene. If "my lot" had taken my advice, signed the boy Curnow and gone to 4-4-2 they'd be back on top. Never mind, pleanty of season left. They will still win something, without the need of penalty shootouts against Dutchmen jumping 6 feet ahead of the goal-line. Meanwhile, we are right behind the scousers !

(Go on, I'm even feeding you lines now)

I never left idiot. Unlike yourself. Disappeared for a period after United completely dominated Chelsea. Then disappeared for a slightly shorter period when Liverpool completely dominated you. Hell, Im pleased with that, hopefully your sides slide will continue then you will have no reason to come on here. Dreaming? Maybe all this snow has gone to my head!!

Funny how you find it easy to knock Robbie Keanes tactical knowledge with "Big Phil" at the helm of your clubs rapid fall from grace. Only a few months left, another season without a trophy, still playing boring football. I can here the locks on Romans suitcase locking already as he packs his bags and leaves. Think those at the Tinners will be able to hear the bang when the bubble bursts!!

If you are so tactically brilliant why not attempt to oust Steve from his managerial role at the beloved Tinners, you tried and failed with money perhaps your brilliance is all it needs to brings the Combination title your way!?

Good try, Gillian. Bubbles seldom "bang", but your courageous groping for metaphors does you credit !

Delighted you are now acknowledging the "grace" of the Chelsea sides that humiliated you and Purple Nose in the past. Mourinho put you out of Europe as well, didn't he: at Old Trafford, if I remember rightly. Big Phil has only won the World Cup, so as an occasional benchwarmer for Newqauy Reserves, your critique will no doubt go strainght to his heart. Keep your head warm: such a slushy wit could become even more treacherous when frozen. I don't need to go out in bad weather too much: I'm grateful that I'm lucky enough,normally, to be able to send somebody like you instead, in exchange for a few peanuts.

Steve Curnow is doing a good job for the Tinners, I think. You clearly disagree. Come on, then, lay your crystalline insights before us. I'm sure we'd all be delighted to learn something. Well ?

so as an occasional benchwarmer for Newqauy [sic] Reserves

Surely there isn't room for two of us to do that job!

As I mentioned in the last post, at this stage I am happy that Liverpool are still giving Manchester United some competition as it seems that everyone else has fallen a little bit short this season. It would be great if it could go to the wire, I guess it depends on how United perform, although I can't see them dropping many points and Liverpool will no doubt draw with any team then enters the bottom 3!

Maybe we are watching the wrong end of the table, it seems to be getting interesting at the other end, perhaps it is time for two teams to go down, the other 18 to be put into a retired old machine called Guinevere and whoever is selected joins the other two in the championship. Now that would test a few loyalties, although it would mean that Spurs et al are granted a reprieve for another season! :D

Robbie Keane had to go, I always thought he did a good job a Spurs but he never really looked the part at Anfield. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Rafa has made a few mistakes in the transfer market and can't be far behind Ferguson with some of his legendary signings, such as Mark Bosnich, Eric Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Massimo Taibi, Jordi Cruyff, Laurent Blanc etc. Ferguson will never, ever get close to the master of the transfer market - Graeme Souness! :D

so as an occasional benchwarmer for Newqauy [sic] Reserves

Surely there isn't room for two of us to do that job!

As I mentioned in the last post, at this stage I am happy that Liverpool are still giving Manchester United some competition as it seems that everyone else has fallen a little bit short this season. It would be great if it could go to the wire, I guess it depends on how United perform, although I can't see them dropping many points and Liverpool will no doubt draw with any team then enters the bottom 3!

Maybe we are watching the wrong end of the table, it seems to be getting interesting at the other end, perhaps it is time for two teams to go down, the other 18 to be put into a retired old machine called Guinevere and whoever is selected joins the other two in the championship. Now that would test a few loyalties, although it would mean that Spurs et al are granted a reprieve for another season! :D

Robbie Keane had to go, I always thought he did a good job a Spurs but he never really looked the part at Anfield. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Rafa has made a few mistakes in the transfer market and can't be far behind Ferguson with some of his legendary signings, such as Mark Bosnich, Eric Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Massimo Taibi, Jordi Cruyff, Laurent Blanc etc. Ferguson will never, ever get close to the master of the transfer market - Graeme Souness! :D

I cant believe you missed out poborsky,veron and smith!!!! :P

Good try, Gillian. Bubbles seldom "bang", but your courageous groping for metaphors does you credit !

Delighted you are now acknowledging the "grace" of the Chelsea sides that humiliated you and Purple Nose in the past. Mourinho put you out of Europe as well, didn't he: at Old Trafford, if I remember rightly. Big Phil has only won the World Cup, so as an occasional benchwarmer for Newqauy Reserves, your critique will no doubt go strainght to his heart. Keep your head warm: such a slushy wit could become even more treacherous when frozen. I don't need to go out in bad weather too much: I'm grateful that I'm lucky enough,normally, to be able to send somebody like you instead, in exchange for a few peanuts.

Steve Curnow is doing a good job for the Tinners, I think. You clearly disagree. Come on, then, lay your crystalline insights before us. I'm sure we'd all be delighted to learn something. Well ?

Indeed i acknowledge the fact Chelsea won two title in two years mainly due to Mourinho, he has left because the owner decided he knew better, that one has worked out so far hasnt it!!? Yes Mourinhos Porto side knocked United out of Europe on one occasion, so we lost to the eventual winners. That i can live with as Im sure you can, having lost to the eventual winner last year and when you lost to Liverpool a few years ago, and Barcelona if memory serves me correct. Does seem the mighty blues cant raise their game when it matters!?

I apologise for my poorly termed metaphor. How silly of me, perhaps the bang I mentioned will be from Romans private car door being slammed along as he leaves once and for all. Along side all the fans that suddenly appeared 6 years ago as they slam their own car doors and head north to Manchester to join the United bandwagon as United will STILL be winning trophy after trophy!

Regarding Steve I have always found him very pleasant and a decent bloke. Just always felt for him having to put up with your meddling ways as he himself has expressed on occasion to me!

Never played for Newquay so you are wrong with that one Im afraid, though I do like their kit!