Cornwall Football Forum

East section junior cup

Guest BATESY NO 9

Guest BATESY NO 9

Its the semi finals for the junior cup this saturday

Probus Vs Torpoint

Edgecombe Vs St Dennis

With Probus doing very well to reach this far in the competition they will be out to prove their credentials against their Premier opponents, I'm hoping that Torpoint will be on top form and progress with a 3-0 scoreline.

The other tie is tricky to call, St Dennis have hit tremendous form of late and if they play with the same bite and determination they showed against Torpoint I feel they might nick the tie 2-1.

all opinions welcome

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tafc.-gaffa

I hope Torpoint will beat Probus then the area final against Edgcumbe would be a great match

I would love to ref that one but I can only wish that .

As I am sure I could keep up with You OLD MAN .

What would people say If they knew that the ref gave you and an Edgcumbe player a lift in his High Proformence Fiesta on Saturday .

Any way good luck to both You and Edgcumbe in the next round . :thumbsup:

Guest badgerboy

Not seen Probus this year but must be useful to reach this stage. Still fancy Torpoint though. Other semi could be a classic. In Edgecumbe you got probably the most complete and balanced team in duchy football, but on their day St Dennis can hurt anyone with their firepower. Should be a cracker and a both games will be a great advert for junior football.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Goodsense how are you dear boy,

Yeah i hope it goes that way and i think both sides would love to have you ref it as it would need a good ref to keep order!!!!

Aye and less of the old as that seems to be a talked about subject on here about me!!!! Dont need you starting as well!Ha ha ha!!

And as for me and skyblues receiving whiplash in that beast of a motor through sheer power,your lucky we didnt ring "Where theres blame theres a claim". You didnt need to tell everyone as my cred will disappear being with the a scum player-ha ha!!!

Good to see you anyway and hopefully we will get you to officiate soon!

johnnie bates

dear boy i would never favour any team if I was officiating their game. i treat each game as any other , each team the same and it doesn`t matter who ever they are .

And as for Torpoint or Edgcumbe both sides have always treated me with utmost respect and it always a pleasure to officiate them, and as I was at the Mill on Saturday tafc.-gaffa and skyblues asked if I was going to the ferry as I was leaving so I offered them a lift, just as I would do to any player whom ever they were.

johnnie bates if you play for roche ecpl side you had me up at bude last week.

Guest ECPL Supporter

I think i saw 2 blokes talking to Goodsense in the clubhouse. Which one were you skyblues? The one with the dodgey tash or the 40 year old?

Firstly Johnnie bates St. Dennis have always been respectful to me and are a club I always look forward to coming to .

I know you were not being sinister .

Yes I was talking to the Old man and the skyblues in the clubhouse after the and was the taxi service too,

to be honest I did feel quite young talking to those two and I`m 48 that years and not stone.

probus maybe a good side but they wont beat torpoint, mind u if torpoint get to the final there may have to be a re-draw - i didnt think they could draw a premier team in the junior cup!!

Goodsense is one of the best refs iv played under and had another good game on saturday down the mill. i remember him refereeing us when we were playing up at Maker church and an unfortunate player broke his leg, always gained the respect of the players iv played with.

Jonnie, i dont think it will be the 14th if millbrook are at home, more likely the week after i suspect, tafcgaffa we are the home side so it will be played down at millbrook unlike the st teath match in this competition.