Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint V Morwenstow

Torpoint 8 Morwenstow 1.

Torpoint were awsome today took the game to Morwenstow and thoroughly took them to the cleaners . Mind you Morwenstow never laid down they kept on going till the final whistle even though they were under waves and waves of attack. They just caught Torpoint on a day when Torpoint were fantastic and unbeatable.

Well done to both side for a entertaining game. :drink:

A first class match, good football played by Torpoint . :clapper: What I liked about the game was that Torpoint still wanted the ball even being so many goals up. Its nice to see a team hungry for the ball. Keep it up Torpoint but still a long way to go before you collect the championship.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Yeah Sam Matthews 2nd goal was top drawer! He picked the ball up on the half way line, beat 1 player, played a one-two with Dean Cardew, beat 2 more players, played another one-two with Andrew Carter and then cooly chipped the ball over the advancing keeper into the corner of the net. A great team performance from Torpoint but very well reffed by Ian Spurling i must add!!

Oh yeah, welcome back Roger Collins, great to have you back!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Ha ha, Sammy can't be described as a Torpoint 'Ringer' surely? The lad is a local Legend. It would be just like Newcastle borrowing Alan Shearer for a game!!

Everyone who played for torpoint were outstanding even the three young lads that came on gelled in as part of a team .

Ricky Cadure and Paul stephens need to be praised for getting the best out of the lads and Torpoint as a Club should be hailed for really becoming one of the nicest place to visit.

As I said to the chairman after the game ` The Hospitality was superb and as a bloke from Saltash its a pleasure to come down to the Mill as it such a welcoming place .

well done again all at the Mill. :smiley20:

Guest slimjim

Another good result for Torpoint and it was plain to see that Sam Matthews was a class above for the ECPL but I wonder what the Parkway manager would have said if Matthews got injured and was unavailable for their promotion push!!!

Surely there is enough depth in the club to bring in lads from their Duchy side or their Under 18's rather than play ringers such as Matthews.!?

yeh but he didnt get injured so its fine, i wouldnt call him a ringer as much as a torpoint legend so whats wrong with that? one man didnt make the team, he was one of torpoints players that contributed alot to a fantastic performance, good to see big roger back in the frame with a strong performance! I heard chapman was demanding the captains armband for the torpoint first teams next game else he will refuse to play??

Guest ECPL Supporter

Slimjim,

How much of the game did you actually watch? Yeah Matthews had a good game but as was previously said he was just part of a great team performance. What knowledge of the players availability to the manager do you actually know? I bet you haven't got a clue what amount of work went into putting a team out on Saturday was put in by the management. And the Under 18's??? Give it a rest, have you watched them? Didn't they lose 15-0 the other week?

A lot of your posts seem to be anti Torpoint Slimjim? Why couldn't you just sit back and enjoy the football that was on show just like all the other spectators?

Slim Jim

Sam Matthews was outstanding during the game but the result was down to the way the whole team played, no one shone brighter than any one else. As a neutral believe me the whole TEAM needs to be creidted

and not just one player

if anyone should be praised it must go to the manager and his assistant who put the team together and I could hear the right things being said from the dug out.

I just wish all my games were always this easy to officiate both sides decided they wanted to play football it was just Torpoint were very well on fire . Morwenstow were very gracious in defeat.

I wish to thank both teams for that.

the first was an own goal after great work on the right flank by collins and avis-riordan,then there was a quick fire double from the deadly dean cardew the second of witch was a header that alan shearer would have been proud of,with matthews completing the first half scoring.Livewire lewis kershaw got the second half off to a flying start after great work by tom payne then it was payne himself who got in on the act with a 25 yard chip,with matthews getting number 6(goal of the season) and kershall finishing things off..is that ok for you 4 4 2?

watched the game and torpoint were impressive. it was one way traffic for 90 mins played on an excellant surface especially given the weather last week.

Deano played well in the first half, but the young lad who came on left wing at half time stole the show looks like a quality player.

didnt morwenstow beat biscovey and probus 5-1 in recent weeks, so i doubt the torpoint players have to comment on themselfs surely a 8-1 score line does the talking, as for comments about strength and depth in the squad daniel chapman and mark bonney were promoted to the first team which beat bodmin 2-0 and therefore adam carter from the thirds and tom payne from the under 18's got there chance and were both hugely impressive is this not the way a club should be run ?

Spod

I was the official and proud to admit it as I really enjoyed my afternoon at the Mill as I was treated with utmost respect from both sides and fan.

So try and make sure you you don`t accuse me of pretending to be an official (mmmm maybe some might say I was sometimes but not Saturday :thumbsup:

Good Game, Good Result, Good Company. :smiley20: