Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin 1 Wendron 2

Godolphin 1 scorer unknown Wendron 2 Hodson and Searle

excellent away win for us today, heard that at 10pm last night we were that short that we only had 10 men available, with the combo team only having about 9! so with the combo game off with a waterlogged pich at least we got a full 11 on the pitch but with only 2 subs still

fully deserved victory though, we started the brighter and had 2 or 3 early chances before a long ball caught us out leaving the striker to beat the offside trap to go one on one with our keeper, unfortunately on a very greasy surface our keeper slipped and gave the striker an easier chance than he anticipated to finish

we fought back well though and drew level after some excellent work out wide by Moha Imchichi who delivered a ball into the box for Hodson to finish well past the keeper, we continued to press and push Godolphin back until Justin Searle scored a magnificent goal, hitting a scorcher into the roof of the net from a good 25 yards out

Godolphin pressed more in the second half and the Wendron keeper Scoffin made some fine saves, including a double save from a penalty, by this time the game could have gone either way with Wendron not being able to find the 3rd goal to kill the game although Imchichi went very close with a great effort from 25 yrds which skimmed the bar

by the end though a fully deserved victory, with every one giving 100 %, well done to the combo lads that stepped up to the first team today as well and doing a great job, i think i am right in saying thats only 2 defeats in our last 7 games now so we are getting some deserved results at last, well done lads!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Well done Wendron from The Premier team in town. Looking forward to visiting you in 2 weeks time (Valentines Day - Mrs Judge will have to wait til the evening for whatever she wants from me), some of our lot request a bar service is put into the executive lounge high up behind the goal.