Falmouth Athletic 10 - 2 Stithians

H/T 5-1

Referee: Ken Keemer (St Agnes)

Mike Cudlipp 5

Mike Rollason 3

Ashley Farrow

Mark Picken

TRISPEN 2 - 8 CONSTANTINE PERCY STEPHENS CUP 2ND ROUND

GOT OUT MY SICK BED TO WATCH THE LADS PLAY A VERY GOOD TINE SIDE AND SAW A FEW GOALS!! IN THE WRONG NET MIND YOU! :( THE GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF AS THE PITCH WAS REMINISCENT OF QUICKSAND BUT BOTH TEAMS ARE WELL BEHIND IN THEIR LEAGUE FIXTURES SO IT WENT AHEAD TO GET IT OUT THE WAY .WELL DONE TO CONSTANTINE WHO TRIED TO PLAY FOOTBALL AT ALL TIMES ON THE PUDDING OF A PITCH AND WELL DONE TO MIKE FOR AGREEING TO PLAY EVEN THOUGH WE HAD A DEPLETED LINE UP FOR THE 2ND WEEK RUNNING. :thumbsup:

Guest mikey catterall

FHFL 2

troon 4 hayle 2

troon ran out deserved winners with goals from

luke hart

mikey catterall (25th) of season

carl hubbard

paul carter (free kick)

Guest mikey catterall

mikey catterall, why dont you blow your trumpet a bit louder i cant quite hear it penryn.

don voosh se suis

helston 2-4 fal ath div 1

i aint blowing anything mate i just want to know who is scoring most goals this season its nice to find out the competition.

FHFL 1

Stithians 2 v 3 Holmans

(HT 2-0)

Holmans very lucky to take the 3 points against a very lively Stithians side who were 2-0 up at half time and could have had more. Holmans terrible in the first 45min losing the ability to string a pass together however after a reality check at half time came out into the 2nd half with more purpose and scored 2 goals in the first 10min of the 2nd period. with the 3rd coming in the 75th.

Excellent playing surface at Stithians and congrats to the home side for a flat pitch that wasn't holding any water (unlike our swamp at Blaythorne!!!! :D )

thaks follower! did okay!

just annoyed that the ref ruined what seemed to be a great game!

dont mind if they are poor but consitency would be nice!

i know refs are short in supply but we have had the guy 3 times this season and every time he has made some very strange decisions!

nice two footer diving in from the chacewater guy that was "50/50" according to him!

at the end of the day we werent gonna win no matter how well we played!

should have taken our chances when we had them tho, at 1-0 up we could have gone two up!

Div 3: Fal Ath 10 Sthithians 2

The new drainage at the 'Dracaena Theatre of Dreams' is working a treat.

Bit of a sloppy first half from Fal despite 5-1 up at the break. 2 from Mike Rollason and M. Cudlipp 3

A nice 25 yarder in reply from Stithians. Nice strike.

After the break Rollason had his hat-trick and defender Picken a tap in with 2 more from Cudlipp

Ashley Farrow had a 20 yard whallop much to the delight of his spectating fans!

Shame about the penalty eh Ash! Postie Pidge saved the pen but not the re-bound.

Stithians had a young team and never gave up or let their heads drop.

To their credit the game was played in good spirit and full respect to their perseverence.

Solid game from the St Agnes ref. Cheers.

RE: Falmouth Athletic Reserves 10 Stithians Reserves 2..

As already stated a difficult game for a very young but enthusiastic Stithians side.

Nice to see Darren Webb at the tender age of ????? getting on the score sheet twice! Like a pheonix rising from the ashes that man..

Scoreline helped by no less than seven regular players either not being available or failing to turn up hence the 18 stone fat bloke up front and the 16 year old Perran "Uncle Fester" Stephens standing in between the sticks at an imposing 5ft tall and probably as broad!

Some nice football played by Falmouth and again, as stated some cracking goals.

I am just really pleased that my lads kept going and didn't let there heads drop still trying to attack until the last minute. I hope they don't let days like today put them off and keep trying to play football.

Hopefully give you a better game at our place if I can mange to ever get up off the couch again.....

Hi Ian,

Despite the score-line I thought your team did very well.

Great young lads who never stopped running. Including the 18 stone bloke up front!

As for Darren Webb.......get the git training! Ha Ha Ha.

We had a few out as well. But I am sure the game at your place shall be such a good advert for Junior Football as today.

Get up off the couch again mate. Its the game we all love!!!!!!!!!!

Mawnan beat st keverne 5-1. Pissy pellow 2 paulo smith 2 and damian 2 games upfront Stevens scored a penalty. St keverne didn't have a lino so they got a stray seagull to do it, and to be fair to the seagull HE WAS SHIT

Thats the funniest Topic ive read for a while!But youre right seagulls are shit,hate the bustards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

helston 2-fal ath 4, end to end game, falmouth woeful in front of goal, and the new look helston with 10 new players playing yesterday, with the inclusion of another three next week look promising, falmouth had to battle hard and with helston going 2-0 up struggled on fitness towards the end of the 90 minutes, credit to falmouth for continuing to battle to the end and more so to helston for the new players with some fitness and getting know each others name will cause upsets.

Just to let you all know apparently there are some rule changes no-one in the country knew of. According to the good gentlemen of St Keverne there must be

1) Absolutly NO contact with the opponent.

2) If a player runs past 3(three) of the defensive line, from his own half, he is clearly off-side.

3) If shooting you must make sure no contact is made with the opponent trying to tackle you.

If none of the above rules are followed they will constantly moan and whinge at the ref. Surround him on a regular basis and swear freely at him. The "linesman" will walk on to the pitch and throw his flag on the ground through disgust that his blatant cheating was not being acted upon by the ref.

Have to say some behaviour yesterday was totally shocking. The "linesman", who is also joint manager, was cheating on a regular basis, yes there were some off sides but some were just baffling. Rodney Beer may even be ashamed with some of those! For the manager to behave like that is an embarresment to the club. His co-manager was also a disgrace. Booked for dissent in the 5th min when the ref correctly awarded a pen, even Stevie Wonder said it was a clear pen, he disagreed. He went on and on at the ref for every little thing and could of walked on 3 different occasions! One player said to me during the game they are embarresed by these two on a regular basis. Its really simple chaps, dont commit fouls and the ref wont give free kicks, common sense really!

The ladies, I use that term very loosely!!!, on the sideline were obviously excited by being let out for the day and a clear example of why women and football just do not mix! More worried about bantering us than there own players inability.

Laugh of the day though came when one of the managers said, with a straight face apparently, that there was nothing between the sides! Mmmm 5- 1, there one should not have even been counted, and it was all the refs fault. Nice one Coco! Must have slipped his mind about the 5 goals, the approx 5 missed chances, the fact his keeper didnt get sent off when he almost certainly should have been, the fact that our keeper had no,zero, none, shots to save in the first half and only two or three in the second half. Apart from that he probably has a point!

Well done boys for a cracking win and good performance!

game ruined today by some extremely inconsistent reffing!

st day unlucky not to have got something from the game!

not sure if chacewater had their minds on next weeks junior cup game but they didnt seem at the races today!

not sure what game you were watching, if it weren't for, at times outstanding goalkeeping, chacewater should have won by 7 or 8, st day were too intent on kicking lumps out of chacewater, if they concentrated on there football they may have got something out of the match, the first 10 mins you played good football and took the lead, then you lost your heads and consequently the game, st day keeper kept the score down, and the fact that chace strikers were not on form

i am the st day keeper and the goalkeeping by myself was far from oustanding! just doing what a keeper is meant to do!

a bit of consistency from officials is all you really want! at the end of the day we couldnt put our chances away when we had tehm which would probably have made the difference, especially when one nil up and having the chance to go 2 nil up.

Just a couple of points to make here

Gillo your truely and a legend and you have just made my sunday night reading that

Question for Helston FC if you have ten new players in today and another 3 coming in this week, how do the players that have stuck by you all season feel ? I persume they have all been dropped for players that have attended say one training session ???? AND THEY SAY PLAYERS HAVE NO LOYALTY THESE DAYS

all the new players that have come in for one reason or another are as willing to fight for their place as anyone at Helston,the manager yesterday wanted to have a look at what the new boys had to offer, the bigger picture is we are building numbers with a lot of local boys looking to return and try to get the 3 teams together that a club like Helston needs.

Perranwell 3-2 Truro City

Perran get back to winning ways by doing the double over £ruro City, Gavin Boon scored 1 of the best goals i have seen, picked the ball up mid-way into £ruro's half skinned 5 players and slotted it in the Onion Bag!!

Truro have got a good team but far to many of them have a chip on there shoulder, i doubt they will next season, in there Red and Black Carlsberg strip!

div2

culdrose 2 lanner 0.

should of been 10-0 but poor finishing on a pitch that held up until half time but the 2nd half was just scrappy.

me and my mate watched the 1st half of this game and sorry to be rude but that was possibly the worst game of football i have ever seen in my life!!!

pitty shame that most of the team could not be bothered to go back to the seven stars yesterday <_<

Sadly martin young lads today all think that their natural ability will get them through the season but i keep reminding them that if they wish to do well they are going to have to start drinking Guinness !!!(to be fair most of them would not have been allowed in the 7 stars as they are all too young....bastards im only jealous!!!)

Guest beanhead

Our (Mawnan 2nds) had no game today but a fantastic turn out for the first team to support them. Around 20 players were there for the St. Keverne game. Have to say their Linesman was a little dodgy at the best of times.

Sorry sorry sorry! I forgot, just one more rule change.

If you have the ball, get your shirt pulled even only a little then get free run 5 yards smash the ball over the goal seriously endangering local birdlife in neighbouring trees you are more than entitled to scream at the ref for not giving you the free kick you so richly deserve.

Hope you can all adapt to these rule changes in time for Saturdays games.