Portreath afc have recruited some new players in january-

shaun isaacs- illogan

chris isaacs- illogan

matt doble- titans

sam doble- titans

david bartlam- troon

james turpie- camborne park

portreath manager was interviewed earlier today and this is what he had to say-

" i am very excited with the 5 players we have signed, each player has been bought in to the squad for certain parts of there game, these players will all strengthen my large squad at the moment. i cant wait to get these guys to training and get them into the squad for saturday, things are looking good for portreath football club and each player was well worth there transfer fee!!!!"

some of these players have proven international experiance and some still need to prove themselves in cornish football, but we believe they have come to the right club to improve there game.

some of the players will feature in saturdays game away to Redruth United in the arthur pearce cup at clijah croft, tickets are free on the gate but can be purchased before game for £5, turn up on the day to get free admission and i think there is going to be a large crowd as this is a local derby with redruth likely to field 3/4 ex portreath players in there team.

come along and i promise you will see a game that will be excitig and played in good spirit.