Cornwall Football Forum

troon in arthur pearce cup ??????

I was actually, but if you identify when I posted it the time was 12:23pm, which makes it yesterday afternoon, quite an aggressive reply and wasn't expecting so much animosity from my post, oh well!!!!

I was only going by my sources well within the depths of cornish football, I feel like someone has shot the messenger ha ha. Well if i am incorrect and Dave has left and gone to Portreath, I wish him all the best, have always got on with Dave and will be an asset for you league. Good luck for today!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest bunditheboss

it was no way agressive at all, sorry if it seemed that way!!!!

its nice to have david back to the club, he started playing with us at the tender age of i cant remember

i believe he will be with me til the end of season but the club is looking towards the future and at the moment i am trying to bring talent into the reserves so the first team have people to look at for next year, i successfully bought in matt sara and he has been taken to the first team and i believe david will probably go the same way which is great for the first team and hopefully other players that i can attrect to my squad will progress to play senior football.

i am still loooking for players in the january window so any interested players can contact me through here

it was no way agressive at all, sorry if it seemed that way!!!!

its nice to have david back to the club, he started playing with us at the tender age of i cant remember

i believe he will be with me til the end of season but the club is looking towards the future and at the moment i am trying to bring talent into the reserves so the first team have people to look at for next year, i successfully bought in matt sara and he has been taken to the first team and i believe david will probably go the same way which is great for the first team and hopefully other players that i can attrect to my squad will progress to play senior football.

i am still loooking for players in the january window so any interested players can contact me through here

hi ya bunditheboss has matt made a first team appearance yet this season

I was actually, but if you identify when I posted it the time was 12:23pm, which makes it yesterday afternoon, quite an aggressive reply and wasn't expecting so much animosity from my post, oh well!!!!

I was only going by my sources well within the depths of cornish football, I feel like someone has shot the messenger ha ha. Well if i am incorrect and Dave has left and gone to Portreath, I wish him all the best, have always got on with Dave and will be an asset for you league. Good luck for today!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Reno, I appreciate that.

It was quite a hard decision but the reaction I got from Stuart today simply because I was cheering on my mates in the second team, It just proved that It was the right decision to leave.

If ever I do not have a game with Portreath, I will always travel to watch the seconds. Its a shame really because I get on with most of the seconds on the basis that we hang out during the week and at weekends so will not deter me from coming to cheer them on!

Also watched the firsts today, a very good game. A credit to yourself, Matt and of course the whole squad

Hey J!

Both teams done well! 2nds won 4-2 at Hayle. 1sts were 3-0 up when I left I think! Really good games.

Just laughing at the messages stuart is textin me at the moment. Its a shame having to leave because of the manager =|

It was a shame not seeing you on pitch today mate! You still away?

yes mate i am up in sunny scotland at the minute!! not back until march, getted i am going to miss the junior cup semi, but fingers crossed the lads will do the business and then i'll be home!! well just ognore the messages mate, port will be a good laugh i guess, no more sunday BBQ's down badgers now then....?"!!

I start my basic in May :drink:

Yes hopefully there will still be bbqs. Just because I've jeft certainly doesn't mean I wont still be about! I just couldnt stick the fact Id say something to stuart in confidence, and then Id get 3 guys telling me exactly what I said to Stu. Its not a good look!

But there'll still be bbq's and hopefully once the better weather comes, I can retain my go-karting champion status :P

:clapper:

Lol! Only by default!! I'll prove ya wrong! How many times I lap you? 3?

Haha! Im gonna head off in a min mate so take it easy. Will catch up with you when your back down this way!

You're not the only one who had to leave because of Stuart mate! I couldn't play for a one or two games because of work and that and he just stopped texting me about training and games etc. I text him saying if he actually wanted me to play for Troon like he said he did at the beginning of the season, but i got no reply!

Its not just stuart tho Tobz, I just wasn't enjoying it! Me and Stuart got on most of the time! We fell out when I worked at Horizon so that contributed to it I think.

Anyway, enough about that, It's not really relevant!

Ill still be going up to support Troon. I spent almost 2 seasons there and I had a great time. The majority of the lads are awesome, as you're well aware.

You're at Holmans arent you? Hows that going?

Guest lammy1964

hey dangerous dave.

i know stuart osborn via various football links and i feel i must reply to your comments without starting a slanging match, and i know about the incident and its build up that you have talked about in your post. i know that you and stuart had words and he regrets what he feels was said in the heat of the moment, but you have to be honest dave and admit that you have tested his patience recently. you told him you wanted to leave troon and play for portreath due to you feeling that you would get to play combination football and that you were almost assured of playing to that standard if you joined them. stuart told you that he would like you to stay with troon and after a conversation you told him you had reconsidered and would stay at troon, stuart also felt that part of you wanting to leave the team was because of the fact that as a MANAGER he had decided to drop you back from a forward to a midfield as he felt that you did not perform well in a forward role, remember he did not drop you from the team, he moved you into a different position and gave the captaincy to someone else which was on most part a team decision due to complaints from several players about your ability to captain a team.

, im sorry that you see this as a personal vendetta against you and have indicated that all this was due to you being dismissed from Horizon roofing, where stuart is a contracts manager,i can assure you that this was purely a footballing decision which managers of teams are allowed to do and nothing to do with your past employment relationship, the job of a manager is to reshuffle his team to what he feels will produce winning teams and if every player chose to leave due to this, we would have no teams and no leagues, if he was trivial enough to let your past employment history get in the way im sure he wouldnt have had you in the team from day one.

anyway stuart, after thinking you were staying, gets to hear from a third party that you were definately going to portreath and when he contacted you , you confirmed this stating that you had been assured the oppurtunity to play combnation league. with all the stresses of running a team that has the potential to win the league ,stuart felt that you had messed him about. after giving you chances stuart felt that you had made the right decision to leave troon as not only were you not performing to the standard expected but your arguing on and off the pitch was unsettling for the other players. on one occasion against the Lizard you nearly came to blows with one of your own players. as for the aggression shown against you on the saturday mentioned, i shall clarify. after all the above , and with stuart thinking you had left and joined portreath you then turned up at the troon game due to portreath not having a game. stuart felt this was rubbing it in a bit but let it go.. you then started shouting tactics etc to the players on the pitch, stuart came over and asked you not to do this as you were not in the players good books and he wanted them to concentrate on the game and not get wound up by you, as he went to walk off, you carried on shouting, this angered stuart as it would any manager and thats when he said what he said, which he admitted was a bit of a heat of the moment thing.

stuart has done wonders with troon as the league table will tell you. along with the fact that they are still in every cup, the players have every confidence in him and will reap the rewards of theirs and his efforts im sure. he considers himself a firm but fair manager who expects one hundred percent from his team. you have also commented on him passing on information that you state you have told himin confidence, well mate, i feel you are being a bit contradictory by posting personal attacks against him in a public forum. which for what i can see is a place where local people can discuss local football, which is a great thing, please dont spoil it by getting personal about people.

and please no tit for tat, i just wanted to put the other side of the story across so that others using this room dont see stuart as the person you have in your opinion tried to paint.

Guest bunditheboss

bloody hell, do you not have a life writing that much on a forum or are you stuarts wife lol

as portreath reserve manager i would like to say welcome to DAVID 'DANGEROUS' Bartlam back to his old team and let you know that no matter what happens we stick by our important players and promise no talking behind your back will happen, i know it was a big decision to leave troon because of all the mates you have in there team but i am sure you will have fun with the guys we have here and i hope to keep you in my squad for as long as possible but we all know you are COMBINATION standard even on a off day!!!!!!!!

i wish troon all the luck in the world with all the cups and the league coz i know dave speaks very highly of all the players he played with there, so good luck and hopefully you can out shine your first team there as i know must of you should be in that team.

as for rubbing stuarts nose in it by coming to watch troon, surely anyone can come to watch troonplay and i am sure they wont get the treatment he did on saturday!!!!!!!

Guest mikey catterall

i feel i need to write a message being a troon player myself its a shame dave has quit the club so late in the season when we are in a title race and still in 3 cups but if he is trying to play combination football then u have to wish him the best of luck me and dave are good mates but i would also like to give staurt (gaffer) a message of support because as a striker u need to be confident and stu always has a chat to me 1 to 1 before games to get me fired up and always phones in the week i know stu cares about the team and believes in every player he has done a good job so far and with the 1st team doing well hopefully the club will have a 3rd team next season because its hard swaping players and having 2 strong teams the club is a privalage to play for the whole set up at troon is going very well so come on troon (army).

bloody hell, do you not have a life writing that much on a forum or are you stuarts wife lol

as portreath reserve manager i would like to say welcome to DAVID 'DANGEROUS' Bartlam back to his old team and let you know that no matter what happens we stick by our important players and promise no talking behind your back will happen, i know it was a big decision to leave troon because of all the mates you have in there team but i am sure you will have fun with the guys we have here and i hope to keep you in my squad for as long as possible but we all know you are COMBINATION standard even on a off day!!!!!!!!

i wish troon all the luck in the world with all the cups and the league coz i know dave speaks very highly of all the players he played with there, so good luck and hopefully you can out shine your first team there as i know must of you should be in that team.

as for rubbing stuarts nose in it by coming to watch troon, surely anyone can come to watch troonplay and i am sure they wont get the treatment he did on saturday!!!!!!!

As you now being a good player dont mean you will make portreath comb as we got very good players in the res that havnt had a chance because your face dont fit

Guest lammy1964

hey bunditheboss.

i do indeed have a life, but obviously had to put the record straight which took a paragraph or two. i did explain that i didnt want to indulge in a tit for tat, as you seem to be vermantly defending dave, i feel that i should do the same for stuart ,,only fair, dont you think. as i said there are always two sides and your post seems to assume that everything dave has told you is fact, you mention talking behind backs, im sure this is to do with what dave posted and stuart has always been someone who tells it like it is face to face. im sure that being a manger yourself you have experienced players bad mouthing you as a result of you not playing them etc etc. so you need to see both sides of the coin before you make a judgement and im sure stuart would be happy to have a chat to clarify this as manager to manager. thats all i want t say.

id like to add that dave has texted stuart to apologise for in is own words, "it was wrong how he left troon" and also to say he had no intentions of coming across as slagging stuart off on the forum, Dave it would be nice if you could post that in the forum for all to see and not just stu.

also stuart has told me he would like to welcome Greg Reynolds into the team , who he feels is a super player and will enhance what he feels is already a great team of players.

come on you Troon.

As part of the first team management I feel it in my duty to hopefully put an end to this subject. As per my previous posts Dave Bartlam has left the club off his own back and would like to wish him well in his new adventures at Clijah Croft with Portreath.

I actually bumped into Stu yesterday at Tesco's and he showed all the text's that Dave sent, so seeing this first hand I can categorically state that he informed Stuart that he was not leaving on the Wed/Thurs only to change his mind and have other objectives come the Saturday.

All this is quite irrelevant as Dave had made his choice and all concerned really need to move on.

Dave's has very limited chances this year in the first team squad but potentially can improve.

A very brave statement informing a player that he is of a senior status even on "bad day", especially when he has hardly kicked a ball outside junior football. ;) I'm sure Dave really appreciates you tagging with that label already!

As for our friend Rodney joining our debate, I feel honoured and humbled by your participation Mr Beer, but Cloughy you are on the ball, Rodney is now longer associated with a club so has more time on his hands contributing to posts on a soccer forum.

Guest mikey catterall

interesting comment about Troon having a 3rd team next season. if memory serves me right they had a 3rd team last season and did not play a single game in mining 3 :SM_carton:

troon is now run properly with a new chairman and secretary a good first and second team management with the first team looking to go combination football and the seconds fighting for the title in falmouth/helston 2 and good players not playing regulary troon would be able to raise a 3rd team next season i know loads of people who want to play for troon but im just a player at the club wheather it happens or not its not up to me.

Guest bunditheboss

As you now being a good player dont mean you will make portreath comb as we got very good players in the res that havnt had a chance because your face dont fit

mate you know that i have totally respect for you as a player and hopefully a friend!!!!!

all you guys in the team are no different to anyone else in my eyes, your a cracking bunch of guys and the other players in the team respect you all mate, now lets forget about what decisions the first team management make about you guys and lets carry on winning games and enjoying it on the way.

i have a more worrying thing for you- we have 8 subs for tomorrow and that not including me lol, ill ring you tonight and have a chat, but forget troon getting a third team, portreath need 4 teams next year to cope with the amount of players me and james have atracted to PORTREATH over the last 3 months since we took over!!!!

watch out ILLOGAN portreath are coming to town!!!!!!

Guest bunditheboss

richard that is something that portreath have been trying to do over the last 4 seasons, but every piece of grass that comes avaliable people build houses on it lol

everyone at portreath afc would love to have a pitch and clubhouse they can call Portreath Football club ground, but things aint always that easy, obviously the ground we have is combination standard otherwise we wouldnt be in senior football so to have that status is something everyone at the club is very proud of.

Portreath football club is moving forwards at a very fast rate maybe too dast sometimes but i can tell everyone on here that portreath afc is going to be a big club for many years to come and we will be getting bigger and better!!!!!!!!

the players we have at the club are determined to push both teams on in the leagues they represent and the background people in the club also have plans and alot of enthusiasm to increase the clubs already great success and reputation!!!!

will on the subject of senior fotball, good luck to the first team players and roger for tomorrow in the sup cup against ludgvan.

hey bunditheboss.

i do indeed have a life, but obviously had to put the record straight which took a paragraph or two. i did explain that i didnt want to indulge in a tit for tat, as you seem to be vermantly defending dave, i feel that i should do the same for stuart ,,only fair, dont you think. as i said there are always two sides and your post seems to assume that everything dave has told you is fact, you mention talking behind backs, im sure this is to do with what dave posted and stuart has always been someone who tells it like it is face to face. im sure that being a manger yourself you have experienced players bad mouthing you as a result of you not playing them etc etc. so you need to see both sides of the coin before you make a judgement and im sure stuart would be happy to have a chat to clarify this as manager to manager. thats all i want t say.

id like to add that dave has texted stuart to apologise for in is own words, "it was wrong how he left troon" and also to say he had no intentions of coming across as slagging stuart off on the forum, Dave it would be nice if you could post that in the forum for all to see and not just stu.

also stuart has told me he would like to welcome Greg Reynolds into the team , who he feels is a super player and will enhance what he feels is already a great team of players.

come on you Troon.

You are right in some things you say, but wrong in others. I will not go into that because I'm sick off the damn hassle surrounding it all!

I moved clubs, yes it was messy. I was confused about what I wanted to do, hence the texts and phonecalls with Stuart. But I made up my mind, and rightly so, I apologised to Stuart for the hassle.

That saturday when I come up, I just wanted to support the team. I know some of them felt let down by me, which is fair enough. But the people who I hang around with on a daily basis, who I speak to regulary, understand why I decided to leave.

As Reno has stated, I haven't kicked many balls outside of Junior football, But I now have coaches and managers up at Portreath who are willing to let me try, and help me become a better player! That's in no way a dig at anyone at Troon.

You state that it would be better to post an apology in the forum and not directly at Stuart? Why exactly? It has nothing to do with anyone else. I text/rung the players when I decided to leave to let them know, and I told Stuart also. And as everyone is well aware now, I did text Stuart the other day apologising for the way I left Troon. I am still awaiting the apology from him with regards to the way he reacted on Saturday which was totally out of order.

You seem to know alot about the manager and players, I have a very good idea who you are aswell.

Now if we could leave it at that I'd really appreciate it! I just want to get on playing my football with Portreath and enjoying my saturdays again!

Yes, Cloughy, I'm one of the Chipmuck's biggest fans: he was a class player in his day. I realise he taught St Just everything they know about demolition, punching out linesmen, being given the kiss of life on the middle of the A30 and public self-exposure too.

And that goal in the Combo final will live forever, wherever green is worn.

Mind you, the big influence that really helped him to make a start was Caddy ! Now there is one of the true gentlemen of football ! :c:

Yes, the Chipmunk was a star, even if John McCallum was really the brains of the outfit. I have very positive memories of him and I keep telling these people who want to kill him because of masonry falling on their kids' heads that he has had a lot of ishoos to overcome. I've still got wall grout between my toes and the kitchen floods now and then, but hey, there's always football on Saturday to cheer me up.

Troon for the Combo ! :D

How's Shayners doing ?