Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge v Saltash

Although the tie is the 7th. postponement at Bodieve Park

the British record is a Scottish Cup match between Airdrie and Stranraer.

It was set for Jan.12th 1963 but not played until March 9th at the 34th attempt.

During that winter it took Coventry City and Lincoln City to complete their FA Cup tie at the 16th. time of asking.

I know I've had a lot to say about this fixture and the league's approach to it, but surely common sense would call this game off tonight. With freezing temperatures forecast tonight and driving conditions downright dangerous (particularly for Wadebridge officials, players and fans), could safety be compromised in a desperate bid to get this game played?

I see an inspection is planned at 1530

Link

WITH Bodieve Park deemed unfit for tonight's third round Throgmorton League Cup game, the tie between Wadebridge Town and Saltash United has been switched to Kimberley Stadium, Saltash (7.30).

Bodieve Park had again been a casualty of the wet weather on Saturday, with the scheduled league game against Falmouth postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.

Guest Peppermint

Yes Mike - just noticed the postponement on the League Forum.

Just a thought will Saltash United being getting criticism regarding the state of their pitch the same as Wadebridge Town seemed to get unfairly!!!!!!!

Before anyone jumps down my throat - it was a tongue in cheek remark and nobody including football clubs can help this dreadful weather.

Yes Mike - just noticed the postponement on the League Forum.

Just a thought will Saltash United being getting criticism regarding the state of their pitch the same as Wadebridge Town seemed to get unfairly!!!!!!!

Before anyone jumps down my throat - it was a tongue in cheek remark and nobody including football clubs can help this dreadful weather.

just ask judge,he thinks hes god :clapper: