Cornwall Football Forum

John Obi Mikel

So he's obviously guilty, then? And will be sent down?

Why can't these people get a chauffeur or a taxi? Can't afford it?

Downright stupidity but he's only 21. I guess Chelsea will stand by him just like Arsenal did for one of their players several years ago.

Obviously taking lead from his inspiational captain! Next thing he will be peeing all over nightclub floors!

Apparently police knew he had been drinking when he was treating his car like a football. They saw him completly lose control of it with no one around him, then thrash around lots to try and regain control and get nowhere near it :yahoo:

Cheerio from chelsea then

happened to Barton And Pennant and they got sold shouldnt be any different for him

I think you will find Mark C, that it will always depend on the rules set by the Club and the contracts between player and his Club whether he will get bombed out. There is no set criteria or precedent that ALL Clubs should follow or adhere to.

Obviously taking lead from his inspiational captain! Next thing he will be peeing all over nightclub floors!

Apparently police knew he had been drinking when he was treating his car like a football. They saw him completly lose control of it with no one around him, then thrash around lots to try and regain control and get nowhere near it :yahoo:

Very good gillo10! Although I certainly do not wish to sound as though I am defending Mikel or any guilty drink driver, I think you will find over the years that 100's of top flight footballers fall into the trap of believing they are an exception to the rule as they are "professionals" and paid overwhelming amounts of money more the average Joe Public.

Living in the big smoke; 21 years old; price tag of supposedly £15m; approx £60k wages per week......im not making excuses for the lad, but didnt we all do atleast one silly thing when we were young and some of us no doubt, still are?! Aslong as he learns his lesson he should realise he is lucky that nobody has been hurt.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

For half a weeks wages, most of the prem stars could afford a driver for a year. Yes we have all made mistakes, drink buggers your thought process but what excuse can anyone offer when they have more money than sense. Surely agents are there to protect the player, perhaps they should earn their 10% and insist on drivers for their clients.

We only get to hear about these players due to their high profile, you can be sure that most of us know someone who has also been caught, but I doubt they made the BBC website.

The boy Mikel is not fit to lace Makalele's boots. This Chelsea fan says "good riddance !"

What the fuss over signing him was about, goodness knows. Give him to Purple Nose on a free transfer !

you're joking Issac old chap, we didn't want him that's why you ended up with him in the first place, we're quite happy with the £12 million quid instead thanks :thumbsup:

no space in the Red side of Manchester for him, he can't time a tackle and can't pass to save his life, we have Scholes for mis-timed tackles and at least he can complete a pass.

Try the blue side of Manchester they'll buy anyone (ask for £80million that should tempt them...) :blink:

Can't say Mikel was my favourite player last season. Got caught in possession too often in dangerous positions. However, with Maka gone and Essien injured he has really developed this season. Mistakes are minimal. He can't shoot to save his life but he does the job he is asked to do. Covers very well when a centre back goes forward. Have heard several around me saying they will vote for him for player of the season. Not sure I would go that far but there are no outstanding candidates thus far so he must have a chance. At 21 surely he should get better and better.

Totally agree baldy. Last season I was one of Mikels biggest critics, which on reflection was harsh of me as he was only 19 at the start of the season but he has come along way and shown promising signs that he has watched, listened and learnt from the best in the holding role business, Maka. We are fortunate these days to have the amount of televised action on TV but im of the opinion that if you frequently go and watch your chosen team live, then you are better positioned to judge, criticise or praise individuals. Be interesting to hear if the critical posters on this thread ever actually go and support their own clubs on matchdays?

Issac do you support your beloved Chelsea from the comfort of your armchair or like me do you spend hard earned time and money travelling to support them from the stands as I have through the hard years of the 80's through to now?!

Yes we paid a considerable large sum of money for him and yes their is a shortage of candidates for player of the season so far, but I agree with you baldy, he has come along way and has filled the void of Maka and Essien to good effect and must be in contention but I would like to see him awarded the Most Improved or Young Player of the Season and Lamps, Player of the Season.

I'm impressed, Jezza. A Man U fan having a pleasant, civilised discussion. I agree with everything you say. I'm delighted that Gillian, Aged 10 is not representative of you all ! Good luck in the League Cup final, I will be rooting for you !

Sorry Idiot i was unaware we had ever attempted a civilised dicussion as your normal response is one of an sarcastic and arrogant manner. I was unaware you were capable of such things. I personally have never tried such a discussion with you as I find you pompous, arrogant, ignorant and a cheat! You remind of a horribly veined breast thats just too big and sags that neither women nor men like or find attractive and wish they could get rid of but unfortunately are part of life.

Anyway to you other people with an ounce of decency in your bones I apologise for going off topic!

As a United fan I am glad Chelsea took Mikel off of us. As well as giving us the 12 mil for him, and he didn't even play a second for us but it also, I believe was why we then bought Anderson who I believe is twice as good as Mikel and I think that Anderson will be the rock of the United midfield for the future.