Cornwall Football Forum

Illogan RBL

Guest Krazy Kernow

Guest Krazy Kernow

I used to watch Illogan in the late sixties and early seventies. Any remember the team which included the likes of Gordon Arthur, Arthur Caunter, Andy Angove, Gerald Kempthorne, Brian Chisnall, and Roger Thom - the team that won the division 3 times in five years and won 3-2 against the 'mighty' Crystal Palace.

:c:

Flying the flag in West Lothian

It's all a pantomine at St Just, Rosenberg, what with the ugly siblings, Fairy Godmothers (I've cast 'mother' in that role) and the magic beans to cure those that have been slain by the magical headbutt machines! And what's more, it's all conducted in an ampitheatre, aka the stand.

I know, I know. Danny la Rue has never quite captured Mother's essence, unfortunately. I'm just a humble Aladdin, toiling in the great laundry of life. I had to find a princess elsewhere cos all the other suitors were related to me already. I don't think the "siblings" will like being called ugly or sisters at all. I expect they will want a word or two about that.

We lent the magic headbutt machine to Penzance last week because St Agnes are such nice visitors that it was superfluous. Pz misused it, but of course that gets hushed up on this forum, cos they're Penzance, aren't they ?

Harvey, eh ? My wife's maiden name ! Told you we were all related. :rolleyes: