Cornwall Football Forum

Cudicini to Spurs

Guest A LEGEND!

Guest A LEGEND!

Just read that Spurs have signed Cudicini from Chelsea

persoanlly think thats a great signing as gomes is not safe hands and alnwick cant catch, good experience in between the sticks who will want to get his career back on track.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I think you will be dissapointed. His recent performances for Chelsea have not been good. I know he plays only rarely. I assume he will become first choice, otherwise why bother moving. Wish him well. Pleased C gave him a free - he's been a good servant to the club and chose to stay as second choice longer than we all expected. Perhaps he might even reconsider becoming a national and displacing the inept James.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I think you will be dissapointed. His recent performances for Chelsea have not been good. I know he plays only rarely. I assume he will become first choice, otherwise why bother moving. Wish him well. Pleased C gave him a free - he's been a good servant to the club and chose to stay as second choice longer than we all expected. Perhaps he might even reconsider becoming a national and displacing the inept James.

Cudicini will be an excellent back-up and will keep Gomes on his toes, but Gomes will still be No.1, Cudicini will play initially to allow Gomes to recover from the groin injury he picked up recently and the hip and rib problems that he has been playing through ALL season.

Once fully fit, Gomes will be back in between the sticks and proving all the 'smart' people (mentioning no names Isaac) that he is the World Class goalkeeper that Spurs have seen glimpses of in the last couple of months since that error against Fulham in Mid-November.

Like you said, thought it was a real classy gesture from Chelsea to allow him to have a free transfer, and all the financial benefits that go with that, as a thank you for his fine service to the club. Well done Chelsea.