Cornwall Football Forum

Edgcumbe v Torpoint 31st Jan 09

Hi bigdawg ,just want to put the record straight mate,no hidden agenda regarding your situation for promotion.Ihave tried to get back on the other ecpl link but bloody computer doesnt want to know.I fully support your club in its ambitions and agee totally with the torpoint gaffa that you should be able to take your place if succseessfull.I was simply asking the obvious questions that the ecpl would want answers to and that is all.Good luck with it anyway,havent seen torpoint play but they will need to be on top form to beat you lads ,draw would be very nice thank you!

Just like to add a little to the ecpl topic and that is Millbrook will not be allowed to enter the ecpl becuase there is a structure in place. The promoted team (currently Edgcumbe) taking there place as champoins and 2 other sides to fulfill the criteria. I am led to beleive the ecpl have promised the Duchy League they will only take 1 side per year from the premier league and like i said this is currently Edgcumbe.

However St Teath and ourselves have applied and would both be excepted if we manage to finish above Edgcumbe, what worries me is wasn't there a message on the Duchy website saying that Foxhole and another club have sent an initial letter saying they are pulling out the League???

I maybe a Leeds fan but even this suggest to me that 1 or both will be joining the ecpl ????

Onto the biggest game of the Premier league so far i am going to stick my neck out and suggest a Torpoint narrow win not just for the fact we could gain another 3 points if we manage to beat Looe but i haven't seen Edgcumbe play but have seen Torpoint on 3 or 4 occasions. I am hoping our game is called off so like everyone not involved anywhere saturday we can watch a cracking game between to good local sides.

Best of luck to both teams from the Saints of St Dennis

PLEASE REMEMBER THE SAINTS ARE COMING FOR YOU ALL X

Guest gunniplayer

my prediction will be edgcumbe 2 torpoint 1.the match is goin to be a great advert for duchy league football if the weather holds out and the match takes place

Guest alwaysadevil

Have seen many games between these two, and it has always been close with either draws or a winner by 1 goal and a couple of occasions by 2.

Normally its a battle and too often this fixture loses out on quality of football. If edgcumbe play their football and not think too much about the opposition they will win the game IMO. If not Torpoint will battle for every ball and could well get something.

Prediction, A tough game with a fair few brutal challenges from both sides, Edgcumbe havent played for a couple weeks and i believe have only played 1 game in about 6 weeks so may be rusty, but im going 3-2 to to the home side!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

To put it bluntly,this is make or break for us if we are gonna stand a chance of winning the league this year so we will be going into this game and giving it our all to win it as there is no room to drop points and i believe we are good enough to do it.

We went there last year and done it so there are no excuses!!!!

I feel for Graham o'Neill who i believe has done his ankle, (hope its not too bad) and will miss it but on the other side it gives me less of a worry when hes not on the field!!!!

Guest badgerboy

Should be a good game with two quality teams on display. Fancy Edgecumbe to shade it but anything could happen on the day. You at full strength tafc_gaffa?

alwaysadevil has hit the nail on the head, could go either way. If edgcumbe play to their capabilties they should get the result, but if not Torpoint certainly have the players to take advantage, just like they did last season when in my opinion we bottled it.

We have a few out, Graham obviously and looks like i'll be missing out, but we have a very strong squad and i dont think it makes much of a difference to be honest.

Not sure if its quite make or break for torpoint, there is a long way to go yet but a win for edgcumbe could certainly crank up the pressure.

Guest radioman

I would like to add to this and say " I wouldn't get your hopes up as the game will be cancelled on the cattle field - MILL PARK" The weather forecast is not to good and the slightest of rain and its off!

weather looks like it is holding up, although the forcast for tomorrow dont look good. could be a lot of games in cornwall off this wknd. another interesting game possibly overshadowed by this fixture is looe v st dennis. Looe havent really played a top side this season so it will be good to see how they get on v a very good side in st dennis.

as for edgcumbe v torpoint, despite the injuries and the fact edgcumbe havent played for weeks, i still think edgcumbe will win the game with a few goals thrown into the mix. Wayne Bambridge is back after he didnt play the 1st fixture, and he is a big player in the Edgcumbe defence who was missed that day. not sure of the final score, but i think both teams will notch in an entertaining game between 2 top top sides.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Unfortunatly i dont think outstanding football(i hope im wrong) will be the case on saturday. With so much at stake,points to prove,personel battles to win and of course the red mist, i think it will be more of a scene out of WW2!!!!!

Of course with so many top quality players on show regardless of injuries i hope to see why people hold them in such high views and see it with the standard of football we both can play!

Not forgetting that i hope the ref lets the game go and not jump in to early to spoil the game, im sure he wont!

Such a fierce local derby that should get a slot on skysports 1.

Expect fireworks cos im bringing a truck load of them to open up on our friends at Edgcumbe!!!!!

Yes we have the team

Yes we have the belief

Yes we have the desire

And yes we can win this!!!!!!!

Doesn't get much bigger then the next 2 weeks for Edgcumbe with Torpoint arriving on Saturday to upset there League Record and Saints next week trying to put them out the County Cup.

Hopefully two great games of football. Saints got a 57 seater arranged so make sure there is plenty of beer for after Bigdawg.

Someone from the home side should contact radio cornwall to get updates during the afternnon. Got to be the two biggest games so far this year in Junior football.

A Draw and an away win would do very nicely.

good luck gettin a 57 seater through the streets of millbrook jonnie!!haha.

is a massive couple of weeks, this is what its all about. just hope we get lucky with the weather for both games, millbrook are at home next wednesday night so we will need good weather next week to ensure the games on. sure it will be fine.

oh by the way tafc-gaffa, 10 out of 10 for the braveheart speech il never get bored of them, absolutely priceless!!haha. if the injury gets betta i'll see u ringside on sat big man.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Games off!!!

Good old trusty millbrook,i suppose cos they really look after their pitch(NOT!) they wont allow any football on it if its rained!!!!

I can understand if its under water and deemed dangerous but for any other reason is a joke!!!!

Its not the first time they've postponed this fixture but at least they waited till friday this time and not call it off on the thursday!!!!!!

Think they have it in for Edgcumbe,their probably better off finding somewhere else to play at least their play football at home!!!!!!!

Guest The Italian Job

To true TAFC-Gaffa, I think Edgcumbe will have to look for another place to play next year, as I have heard that, Millbrook firsts will fold because they are financially unviable costing 300 a week at the moment, Edgcumbe will be told to name change or take to the road, although there is pretty much no-where to play on the peninsula that would support ECPL football should they be successful.

Raleigh, no chance of errecting barriers on MOD Property, Antony Pitch, too many teams playing on it, They possibly may have to ground share with another side....who though, Dobwalls, The old Pelynt pitch, nothing doing at the moment.

italian job where did you hear that about millbrook?

We are looking at other possibilities and raleigh is one, we were hoping we maybe able to put barriers up around the pitch before every game as we have been informed other teams do this. just 1 option though.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Think your find cos maker and us play at raleigh ther is no room for another. Although there are plenty of pitches there are only one set of changing rooms. If it was that easy we would play at the mill but it just doesnt work.Ask Launceston!!!!!

Unless Maker leave or fold cant see it happening and thats from a reliable source that works there!!!

To true TAFC-Gaffa, I think Edgcumbe will have to look for another place to play next year, as I have heard that, Millbrook firsts will fold because they are financially unviable costing 300 a week at the moment, Edgcumbe will be told to name change or take to the road, although there is pretty much no-where to play on the peninsula that would support ECPL football should they be successful.

Raleigh, no chance of errecting barriers on MOD Property, Antony Pitch, too many teams playing on it, They possibly may have to ground share with another side....who though, Dobwalls, The old Pelynt pitch, nothing doing at the moment.

ha ha