Cornwall Football Forum

PENRYN 4 FALMOUTH 1

Guest peter young

Guest peter young

1-0 HOBBS 2-0 JOHNSTON 3-0 BAND 4-0 McCLEAN 4-1 WHEELER

TEAMS PENRYN, RAVEN JEWEL DAVIS DAVEY P JOHNSTON SCOLEY BAND DAVEY C SHAUGNESSY HOBBS MC CLEAN

SUBS MC CILROY PULLEN EDWARDS

FALMOUTH CHAPMAN HUNTER FLYNN HUNTER KELLOW PETERS TRUDGEON MOORE HODGE WHEELER SLATEFORD

SUBS HALFORD WOLSTERNCROFT KELLOW

Guest The Bickland Bloke

Not such a good start for Alan Carey. conceeding 7 goals in 2 games :( His aim at Town was to win the senior cup...looks like he failed at that objective

Guest Postie Pidge

No Dave Rawlings for Falmouth ??

Town: J. Chapman; S. Hunter, R. Kellow, S. Flynn (P. Wolstencroft 64m), D. Rawlings, M. Moore (S. Halford 62m), A. Trudgian, N. Slateford, L. Hodge, B. Wheeler, T. Hunter (S. Peters 55m). Subs (unused): C. Peck and S. Kellow.

I would like to add my congratulations to Penryn on a thoroughly deserved victory against Falmouth.

Strong and committed at the back and always threatening in attack this was Penryn's biggest ever victory over local rivals in 22 meetings.

It was a great day with near on 300 spectators to meet up with again.

I for one (easy for me as I live away from Falmouth) will be rooting for Penryn to go all the way in the Senior Cup and will keep my diary clear for Easter Monday.

It was back in 1967 when I first saw them play at Park Road Camborne against Pengegon and I have followed their progress ever since.

I know of four of there committee(there could be more) that day who are still actively working with the club today and surely here is a case for recognition by the CCFA for their services to football. I wont embarrass them by name as that was 42 years ago.

The club began in junior football in a nomadic form using six different grounds before settling into their present home which has developed steadily into the fine facilities we see now.

Well done Mike Young and your club you are a credit to the Borough.

For the record against Falmouth (all competitions) P22 W6 D1 L 15 GF23 GA 51