Cornwall Football Forum

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Heard it at Perranporth today too, the Spurs fan has finally got the message that Truro will never be self funding and is pulling the plug. The credit crunch is biting at the top end of Cornish football and normality will soon be restored.

Sounds like a posting I made some years ago and still not heard from any lawyers!!!

Guest General Manager

It is a 50% wage cut right accross the first team and coaching staff.

Many players are currently in talks with the PFA.

Others have been in contact with many SWL Club managers since Wednesday.

The story was just to late (cleverly) for the local papers last Thursday.

I guess outcomes like this will be inevitable and everyone has praised Falmouth for making a sensible financial decision to ensure that costs do not exceed revenue, so a little consistency would help here if Truro do have to reduce operating costs.

I feel for the Truro players affected by this reduction (if it is true), however, the fact that they remained part-time means that nobody will have their family or life significantly affected by the loss of income. Based upon my limited understanding, Truro players are well rewarded and it may be that market forces are simply reducing payments to a more reasonable level for the standard.

Regardless, we've already seen a number of 'big' clubs having to cut their costs and expenses substantially, so I'd imagine it is unlikely that many local teams would be able to snap up a Truro player, even at 50% of their previous cost. Will they be unhappy about the reduction? Yes. Will they understand the reasons why? Probably. Will they choose to drop a standard and give up the chance to fight for promotion? Not so sure.

If a club has a verbal agreement with a player the wage packet can be altered at will but surely any player with a fixed term contract has to agree to a wage cut or the club is in breach of contract and the player is entitled to walk away with a lump sum or agree a new contract plus lump sum compensation.

Are there any players at Truro that can be classed as full time, i.e. their only income is from playing football?

Verbal contracts or arrangements are just as enforceable as contracts in writing.

Arrangements can easily be modified with consultation between parties. Even if this did not happen, I wonder how many players would sue their club for breach of contract? I'd imagine that many would move on to another club if they felt aggrieved about the circumstances.

Since Kevin Heaney's involvement with Truro City Football Club, the club as a whole has enjoyed much success, especially for all Truro City supporters.

If its true, and the credit crunch is current hitting the club, I suggest that (like the 'Cornish Pirates') an appeal is made to all Truro Supporters (500 plus) for financial help during this diffficult time. This is an opportunity for all TCFC supporters to show that they care about the club and what Kevin Heaney is striving for.

I just like the fact that no-one has had anything to say on this forum about Truro for a while as they have been doing well, and still are, but as soon as a rumour comes around about money cuts people all jump on the bandwagon.

Now playing for Truro I have heard nothing of a paycut around training or the club in general, but even it it was true, I'm sure the players would all stay, and again if they don't, I'm sure people would much rather have seen some ambition rather than teams who choose to not go up from divisions when they have a choice.

I flew back into Luton yesterday pm, this afternoon I check out the Cornish Soccer website to witness much 'crowing' from the "Pepermint Peril" and others, like them I am NOT in a position to comment on what has or has not gone on over the last few days. I shall refrain from Judgement.

I do however fear for the future of hundreds of clubs in England, possible mergers have been mentioned to me by officials of clubs near London where I attend many matches other than those of Truro City, others fear for their existance, sponsors of even the very small clubs are falling by the wayside.

If it has been necessary for Truro City to take prevenative action, so be it, we should not condemn without knowing the true facts.

I wish all football clubs well during this uncertain period even those I don't particularly like (Gooners being the only exception :yahoo: ).

Blimey! Some truth coming out on the forum about Truro at last!

Yes, Kevin is running out of money, I mean, there's only a few things that £140m will buy you before it runs out!

Only last evening I saw Kevin outside of Jimbos searching for scraps of food in the bins, and at the Shell garage earlier tipping the drops of fuel left in the fuel hoses into a container to fill his car up with. He was reportedly seen washing his suits in the Malpas River as well, and later at the golf course, searching for balls to sell back to Truro Golf Club.

I just love it when someone thinks they've heard something, and decides to come on here and post about it, without finding out if what they think they've heard has one ounce of truth in it.

If so, the stewards had better be on the lookout, as this could render their half time pasty a half time, half-a-pasty from now on.

If you believe what you've heard is true, why not come to Treyew Road for this coming Saturdays' fixture, and speak to the chap on the microphone, and ask to borrow the mic for a few moments at half time to air your thoughts in the centre circle, only then may I start to believe it!

Yes, Kevin is running out of money, I mean, there's only a few things that £140m will buy you before it runs out!

Only last evening I saw Kevin outside of Jimbos searching for scraps of food in the bins, and at the Shell garage earlier tipping the drops of fuel left in the fuel hoses into a container to fill his car up with. He was reportedly seen washing his suits in the Malpas River as well, and later at the golf course, searching for balls to sell back to Truro Golf Club.

I just love it when someone thinks they've heard something, and decides to come on here and post about it, without finding out if what they think they've heard has one ounce of truth in it.

If so, the stewards had better be on the lookout, as this could render their half time pasty a half time, half-a-pasty from now on.

If you believe what you've heard is true, why not come to Treyew Road for this coming Saturdays' fixture, and speak to the chap on the microphone, and ask to borrow the mic for a few moments at half time to air your thoughts in the centre circle, only then may I start to believe it!

read the question at the top, it asks if theres any truth in the matter or just lies!!

read the question at the top, it asks if theres any truth in the matter or just lies!!

..and reading posts above mine, those are the ones spouting the trash out.

Some news has been filtering down Westward this last couple of days that the budget at Truro has been cut (halved we heard)?

True or no?

Any comments or are we being wound up?

you make me hoot ctb,it wasnt long ago that people were shouting a bout penzances cash problems,and i was saying leave them alone nobody knows the true facts,now you come on here stirring up the crap,wind your neck in and mind your own businnes :angry2:

Some news has been filtering down Westward this last couple of days that the budget at Truro has been cut (halved we heard)?

True or no?

you make me hoot ctb,it wasnt long ago that people were shouting a bout penzances cash problems,and i was saying leave them alone nobody knows the true facts,now you come on here stirring up the crap,wind your neck in and mind your own businnes :angry2:

He is asking a question!

True or no?

He is asking a question!

so were people that were stiring about penzance,question or stirring,adds up to the same thing he didnt like it when it was his club so he should butt out and mind his own business :glare:

I already knew the answer to my question thanks, just didn't want to appear a know-it-all.

Why are Truro's part-time player(s) on the phone to different managers asking if there any places in club squads?

Why have Truro players been in contact with the PFA about the rules re clubs cutting wages, breaking contacts?

Truros Mr Mourinho.

The difference between what Issac was posting and this, is the fact Issac was posting lies but I'm posting the truth. I don't defend Pz spending money if you notice as how can I comment when my club is doing the same as yours, but my club's budget was not being cut as stated whilst yours has.

My problem with Truro was not the fact that they were/are spending money but the way they went about it. They lost many friends on here and in the public in general by the way they stepped on everyones toes or were so arrogant and thought that as they had money they could do as they wanted.

Have you noticed that the anti-Truro comments have stopped (even this thread isn't anti-Truro) because they have quietly got on with the job this season, building the squad, winning games, etc without anyone coming on here and gloating at the rest of us.

Are we at Pz gloating because we are doing well, no. We do not want to lose the good will of other Cornish football supporters.

CTB

So that would be a "No comment" then would it, Mr M? (Sorry don't know your position within the club).

That would have been the simple answer or an outright denial if that was appropriate and you wanted to share that info.

Truro have set the standard and I'm sure other Cornish teams would love to follow suit.

If it all falls apart, as many have been predicting for some time, there will be lessons for all local management committees.

I think that Truros Mr M doth protest too much, normally a cursory sod off to all spouts forth from his direction. However, the anger and venom of his posts, suggests that his defensive position is due to someone hitting a very raw nerve.

By the way, what news of the 16,000 all seater stadium ?

If the rumours are true,and a 50% wage cut has taken place,most of the players at Truro would still be

on better money than a lot of other clubs.

Some players at Taunton are on £40 a match,well I think,Truro players on half wages would earn a

bit more than that.

I travelled to Paulton on Saturday,and Truro had a FULL SQUAD to select from.

So where is this mass exodus for pastures greener.?

In fact,in the near future,the signing of Owen Irish from Taunton will be confirmed.

Dont really get the issue here. CTB has merely asked a question! He asked if there was any truth in the matter to which there is still no answer. Dont see why your so defensive Mr M. If there is no truth then there is not an issue. If its true then it will be of interest to many people who use the forum, both the anti and pro Truro brigade. I commend your desire for Truro, good on you, but there is not need to be quite so sharkey about it.

Dont really get the issue here. CTB has merely asked a question! He asked if there was any truth in the matter to which there is still no answer. Dont see why your so defensive Mr M. If there is no truth then there is not an issue. If its true then it will be of interest to many people who use the forum, both the anti and pro Truro brigade. I commend your desire for Truro, good on you, but there is not need to be quite so sharkey about it.

surely the only people that actually know the TRUTH are the players and management of Truro City and im sure they are not going to come on here and say "yeah weve had our pay cut ".

It is a 50% wage cut right accross the first team and coaching staff.

Many players are currently in talks with the PFA.

Others have been in contact with many SWL Club managers since Wednesday.

The story was just to late (cleverly) for the local papers last Thursday.

Best go and book Boscawen Park for next season and order a red and black kit at thesame time. :drink::c: :ninja:

Lies, CTB ? Your own committee members have already confirmed my hypothesis about Penzance running out of money. Wait and see !

Truro ? Apart from glory hunters, most people I speak to would rather have the SWL back again and more local derbies. I think Kevin Heaney has dopne what he has done with the best of intentions, but sadly, it will end in tears. :c:

So the truth was being told via this forum after all, perhaps some apologies are in order from those who took offence at the matter being reported on here before the press and tv.

Why would there be sorrys or apologies -

no one said it was not correct - just TCFC supporters standing up for their club in the face of the relentless anti-Truro venom spouted on here...!!

A decision has been made to safeguard the team/club for the rest of the season - and according to the report in the West Briton the Team are supportive of this and will give their all to try and achieve promotion again.

I will say sorry to all those who have been proclaiming the end of Truro City for about the last 4 years - it has not happened - and will not - for the forseeable future. Wise and prudent steps have been taken to ensure that the aims and objectives of the club continue.

One or two other clubs[or their supporters] in Cornwall need to take note...!

I AM SORRY, SORRY PERRANPORTH DIDN'T SCORE FIVE LAST WEEK. :P

Judge :SM_carton: for yourselves, City fans didn't rise to the bile the regulars spit out with their venom.

I like many CITY SUPPORTERS knew the situation prior to this thread being started, however, happy with what Mr Heaney has done for our club AND the PROFILE of Cornish football, chose to do the right thing and not drag my club through the mud.

Mr Heaney isn't an absent Chairman, he regularly attends the AWAY games, he is a true fan, he has the support of the majority of the City faithful as indeed do the players and officials.

A thought

How does keeping back half of someones wages and bonus's until May help the clubs finacial position. Why can't the players get full wack now?

I can't understand how waiting untl May will save the club as the money goes out of the bank in the end one way or other, or is it another tax dodge as then it will be a new finacial year?

Or is there another sugar daddy waiting in the wings to pick up the debt or are a few sponsors expected to settle up by then so more money is available or even is the club hoping for a big surge in gates so the money is available?

Now, now, CTB. You know enough historical economics to recall your own club reneguing consistently on promises made to players "early doors". At least Kevin is offering to pay out eventually. My understanding is that there are still several ex-Magpie employees around the west of the county still waiting for money they're morally entitled to ! :c:

Heard it at Perranporth today too, the Spurs fan has finally got the message that Truro will never be self funding and is pulling the plug. The credit crunch is biting at the top end of Cornish football and normality will soon be restored.

Sounds like a posting I made some years ago and still not heard from any lawyers!!!

Absolute tragedy for all those 400 plus lifelong city supporters ! funny thing is before Mr Heaney showed any interest i vaguely remember one man and maybe his dad and a dog over there watching . Hopefully normality will be soon judge, combo football for city first team soon perhaps? :(

I think that Truros Mr M doth protest too much, normally a cursory sod off to all spouts forth from his direction. However, the anger and venom of his posts, suggests that his defensive position is due to someone hitting a very raw nerve.

By the way, what news of the 16,000 all seater stadium ?

Come on judge play fair you must get your facts right it was a 16 seater stadium! :thumbsup: :yahoo:

If so, the application to the Combo League would have to be with Brian Harris by tomorrow midnight....although an easier way might be for their second team to lose every remaining game from now on by enormous margins to pip Wendron and Millbrook to relegation places from SWPL west ?

The Mining Division tend to be more easy-going on those matters and I can give them George Osborne's number if they need it. Now I live in Truro, they almost see me as part of the family anyway. :c:

Yes, it's a terrible tragedy really. You were all right, of course, and nothing ever, ever works out in the end the way some people hope -- unless they were hoping for something negative, maybe. But who would do such a thing?

But it's all over now, clearly the team will collapse. Surely it's just a matter of time before the players get into locker room fights over scraps fallen from the pay packets and then start punching each other over who takes the corner kicks. If the corners don't get repossessed, that is.

So, bask in the knowledge that you knew it all along; it's all ended in tears and acrimony. You knew the golden eggs wouldn't last forever and once diminished that they would never come back -- because nothing ever gets better after going a dark period.

I guess now that it's over you can go back to actually supporting your clubs, and get out of the way of all those bad glory-hunting City fans who'll be heading for the exits in droves now.

Yes, nothing more to see here, really, so feel free to pack it up and never revisit the site of this footballing travesty. Just try to let those of us ruined by the successive promotions and multiple trophies find what peace we can in the vacuum of your so-right-on criticisms.

It'll be tough for us to go on, but pay us no mind, and we'll do our best.

:smiley20:

Very true ,Xembla the doom and gloom merchants are all saying it is all over.

But as far as I am aware,Truro City play Slough Town in a Blue Square,Lge Div 1 game tomorrow,

with a FULL SQUAD,to pick from.

They are still 3rd in the league with a great chance of promotion,and as Mr Yetton as said,the players are

disappointed about the wages,but understand the situation.

ALL the players and staff and owner are fully focused on the job in hand.

So despite all the comedians,cracking the little funnies,I agree with St.Darren,Truro will continue,as normal

until the end of the season.

Then everything will be reassessed.

Good luck Truro City in these difficult times for everyone. :c:

A thought

How does keeping back half of someones wages and bonus's until May help the clubs finacial position. Why can't the players get full wack now?

I can't understand how waiting untl May will save the club as the money goes out of the bank in the end one way or other, or is it another tax dodge as then it will be a new finacial year?

Or is there another sugar daddy waiting in the wings to pick up the debt or are a few sponsors expected to settle up by then so more money is available or even is the club hoping for a big surge in gates so the money is available?

thers more chance of hell freezing over than me sayiny sorry to those two ,,,,s,upcountry teddyboy is still spouting on about truros finances ,what the hell has it to do with him,and the judge well he just spouts all the time,they will never take away that a homegrown truro boy hew has played,and done almost everything around the club has seen his side win at wembly,so stick that up your anorak pipe and smoke it :c:

I was thinking the same thing, but then again, we are paying BSP wages. :P

As said before, quite a few of us knew a week or so before the news came out. We are not in a position to be breaking news that has been given to us confidentially, that is for someone in a management position to release into the public domain.

The state of the economy at the moment shows how hard Kevin is trying to save the club from that sort of action, like that of Honda, and other places.

Maybe it is a tax dodge, perhaps he's just trying to accrue an extra bit of interest from the bank, all I can say is that I trust his word that he will be paying the players what they're owed at the end of the season.

Changes are afoot at Treyew Road, and I think all will be pleasantly surprised come the start of next season.

I apologise to all (both) City fans, I forgot that the god-like Heaney can do no wrong.

He hasn't failed to deliver the all seater stadium, I just drive around with my eyes shut.

He has ensured that all Cornish Clubs have benefited from his presence, just ask those at St Just, St Day, St Agnes and even St Dominick, all have reaped the reward of being involved in Cornish Football and it is all down to Mr Heaney, make him a Saint why don't you !

He has ensured that the local businesses that suffered due to the collapse of a Heaney owned company were paid in full rather than line the pockets of overpaid prima donnas prancing around Treyew Rd (or is that the current plan ?)

Now City fans, why don't you carry on sucking up to Mr H and let the rest of us live in the real world !

I take it you have met a lot of these overpaid prima donna's then Judge?

Three promotions in three seasons - they must be good prancers!?

Criticise the club and Chairman all you like, but you can hardly question the players record! Well, with your blinkered knowledge I am sure you can!