Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland Athletic 1-1 St Blazey

Attendance: 100+ (30 from St Blazey)

Buckland fans would have been expecting to see their side win and climb to the top of the table today. However St Blazey had different ideas, and put together an all-round excellent performance.

Blazey hearts were broken then, when Buckland went ahead late in the second half. Blazey kept their heads up and managed to get back on level terms almost immediately, scoring for the first time since Boxing Day.

Buckland finished the stronger of the two sides, but the scores stayed level. This is a valuable and richly deserved point for St Blazey who are still unbeaten in 2009.

:c:

Couldnt agree more!! Excellent performance on a pitch theyve had a few problems with but credit to both teams for doing so well. Best performance from St Blazey for some time and were looking hard to beat right now. We thought wed gone 1 up after a great 1 - 2 and a cheeky chip over the keeper but a last ditch clearance saved Buckland. Buckland then scored but a quick reply via a looped deflection earned St Blazey a good point.

Great away support again today, when you consider we have nothing to play for but a mid table finish and one of our longest away trips of the season.

Also, huge credit to Buckland for a great set up. A club you wouldnt want to see leave the SWPL.

And to who ever puts their match day program together......superb!! Best of the season and worth at least twice as much as the £1 I paid today. :thumbsup:

Up the Blazey!! :thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more!! Excellent performance on a pitch theyve had a few problems with but credit to both teams for doing so well. Best performance from St Blazey for some time and were looking hard to beat right now. We thought wed gone 1 up after a great 1 - 2 and a cheeky chip over the keeper but a last ditch clearance saved Buckland. Buckland then scored but a quick reply via a looped deflection earned St Blazey a good point.

Great away support again today, when you consider we have nothing to play for but a mid table finish and one of our longest away trips of the season.

Also, huge credit to Buckland for a great set up. A club you wouldnt want to see leave the SWPL.

And to who ever puts their match day program together......superb!! Best of the season and worth at least twice as much as the £1 I paid today. :thumbsup:

Up the Blazey!! :thumbsup:

is that £ 11 or £ 1 paid today :smiley20:

Dan....I hope your up for some along away trips at the end of the season!!

March Sat 21st Clyst Rovers Away 79 miles each way

Wed 25th Wadebridge Home

Sat 28th Witheridge Away 74 miles each way

April Sat 4th Newton Abbot Spurs Away 64 miles each way

Fri 10th Falmouth Home

Tue 14th Tavistock Away 34 miles each way (Amazing as it always feels 134 miles each way!!)

Total miles in under 4 weeks, 502 miles.

Happy days!! :thumbsup:

Dan....I hope your up for some along away trips at the end of the season!!

March Sat 21st Clyst Rovers Away 79 miles each way

Wed 25th Wadebridge Home

Sat 28th Witheridge Away 74 miles each way

April Sat 4th Newton Abbot Spurs Away 64 miles each way

Fri 10th Falmouth Home

Tue 14th Tavistock Away 34 miles each way (Amazing as it always feels 134 miles each way!!)

Total miles in under 4 weeks, 502 miles.

Happy days!! :thumbsup:

Finally, some midweek football! Can't wait for Clyst and Spurs, as they are new grounds for me!

Tavi only feels so far because you always go up through Callington - take the A30 and come off at Lanson, much quicker!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Tavistock is one of my fav grounds to visit, always gone via Trago to Cally then across the Tamar, by far the quickest I have found, even when I lived in Lanivet. Like Chairman, I hope that Newquay will be back where we belong, in The Prem with Blazey, Falmouth, Torpoint etc, I'm sure we are missed by all....