Cornwall Football Forum

Well Done Perranporth

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Perranporth 4 v 0 Newquay AFC (0-0 ht)

Perranporth progress in the Senior Cup after out fighting, out shouting and putting away their chances. The first half was an even affair, despite the ref favouring the home side in almost every slight challenge, he even went as far as giving them a penalty for hand ball which clearly hit the defender in the midriff. Justice was done when the Pen was saved. Neither side could get the ball under control despite a good playing surface and 0-0 at HT was fair and boring for the 130 or so who turned up.

In the second half, Perran stepped up the physical side and were first to most balls, Newquay huffed and puffed and never really got going. It was no surprise when Perran took the lead although the defence did not help themselves. A 2nd goal followed and the game was effectively up. 2 further goals both of which were offside made the scoreline look like a rout, although you won't find a Peppermints fan complaining with what was a bad day at the office for those in Red.

Perran will make a good Div 1 West side as long as the money keeps flowing into the club. They tries to charge £4.50 for admission and programme, which was reduced to £3.50 after complaints from the travelling fans. The 50/50 HT draw eventually took place at 4.00pm and was a palrty £30 despite tickets being sold throughout the game, the extra profit must have paid for at least 2 players. To the lad who I owe a drink, I will catch you next season, my lift back to Mount Wise left on the final whistle.

All in all, a poor Newquay performance, which made Perranporth look average, a poor game from both sides, one to forget although I doubt anyone in Blue won't see it that way.

Foxhole away next week and Newquay will have to get to grips with the physical side of their game, the Foxes disciplinary record is the worst in the SWPL.

despite the ref favouring the home side in almost every slight challenge,]

Well the linesman certainly didn't, Judge, and I don't think the ref did either in fact if anything I thought he was more towards your guys but there you go.

2 further goals both of which were offside

The third wasn't and I know that cos I was level with the player when it was played, but I'll admit the fourth was definately!

They tries to charge £4.50 for admission and programme, which was reduced to £3.50 after complaints from the travelling fans.

Hmmm, how can I comment on this? As Ronin the football forum poster or as Ronin the Perranporth AFC Committee member? All I can say is this gate price was not agreed by the Committee so maybe there was a misunderstanding between the person who organises the programme and the printer? I don't see why clubs should charge any more than normal for Cup games - I know they have to pay for 2 extra officials but the increased gate should usually cover this.

It was nice to see you again today Judge, (and I had the added bonus of meeting Truro's Mr Mourinho) and i look forward to seeing you again when we host Newquay again in the League Cup.

Guest Good for 30 goals a season!

AVERAGE!!!! Pretty good considering we are a league below them and we won 4-0!!!! They couldn't even manage one past them!!!! That says it all!!! Newquay were poor because Perran made them look poor!! You are quick enough to slag Perran off but look at your own team first!! Maybe then you might get somewhere. By the way Perran do have a club house but Newquay seemed to stay away, bad losers!!

AVERAGE!!!! Pretty good considering we are a league below them and we won 4-0!!!!

lets be fair, considering probably all of the perran team were bought in from south western teams and have decided to play in a lower league (not for money of course) then that is not really a fair judgement as they are all south western league players?

Guest Good for 30 goals a season!

why is everyone on about money!!!! the players are at perran coz they want to be! money does not make good players.

calm down! i am merely stating a fact that a lot of senior south western league players have all dropped a league to play, so no suprise that they are doing well! yes i mentioned money and more than likely that did help with some players decisions to play, not all of them no doubt, however my main point is that the team consists of south western league players playing in a lower league

no i watched the illogan v truro city game today as we had no fixture ourselves today in the peninsula league, entertaing game in which if illogan had took there chances should have been 3 or 4 goals to the good by half time really, wasnt having a dig at Perran at all being that i have known Mr Butcher and Mr Gosling amongst others for a fair few years! was just stating the fact a lot of higher league players are playing in a league beneath themselves this season and not really a suprise for me they are doing so well !

judge you were completely outplayed!! don't even try and make any excuses about the referee etc. i know this sounds bias as i am a blue but the refferee seemed to give newquay more than he gave perran. :wacko:

well done perran keep it up boyz!! :clapper::clapper:

MEAN MACHINE, MEAN MACHINE,

YOU BOY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

good result for perran today. no more than they expected though. gave nothing away, as per usual, and the superior fitness of the side showed in the last half hour. i would say the judge seemed rather dull but having seen this fixture 3 times in the last 6 months i'm yet to see any real support for newquay. the flags certainly weren't flying! and yes, if thats you milesy, you were, and have been different class all season! butch, cainey, milesy, deano and gossy. **** playing against them!

well said there sbrugby!! i tottaly agree with everything you have just said. judge was certainly very quiet today!! and perran looked amazingly fit in the last 20mins!! haha. also i played pre-season in goal for perran and you are right cainy, milesy, deano, gozzy and kayne trevaskis amongst others are a different class!!

MEAN MACHINE, MEAN MACHINE,

YOU BOY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

No one at Mount Wise is disputing the result, Perranporth deserved to win. Newquay had an off day and no Peppermints fan would argue that at 2-0 the result was fair. The ref favoured Perran in the first half though, when a foot up challenge came in from a Perran player he got a talking to, the same challenge from a Newquay player was a booking. The Pen was just stupid, no arm was raised, it hit the defender in the midriff, but as I said justice was seen to be done. The ref tried to balanced things out in the 2nd half after Perran had gained the advantage which they deserved. Perrans No 6 finally got the booking that half the home side derserved for persistant moaning throughout the game, How Gosling was not booked for mouthing off is beyond belief, some things never change.

Perranporth are a well organised bunch who give the ref all the advice he needs, they will do well next season in Div 1 West, as I cannot see anyone touching them this season (although 2-2 against our Combo boys at MW was a great game to watch), yes the players they have were a match for our youngsters, they bullied them and used their experience, something the ref never really understood. As for our fans, there were 50+ of us spread out around the ground and filled the clubhouse before the match for an hour with no Blue in sight, piss poor home support again, bearing in mind it was a local derby and they are running away with the Combo league, just like 27th Dec, Newquay were there in numbers. You can't really blame anyone from wanting to stay and watch a minority of idiots gloating. Credit to those who work so hard for the club again, they made sure we were welcomed and we look forward to seeing them at MW in the future. Shame I didn't meet with Truros Mr Morininho though.

As for me being quiet, I have been off the booze far too long, although I may have made up for that tonight. The flags were ready in the car but it was too windy and with no real stand to place them, I thought it better to leave them be, perhaps that was the better judgement of the day bearing in mind the result. Several players and the manager have apologised to the fans tonight in the clubhouse, Jim is in for an expensive night next week if we do not take 3 points from Foxhole.

I have had it confirmed today, that Perranporths budget is double that of Newquays, lets see how the credit crunch bites next season. Newquay will probably be in the top 5 of whatever Division they are in, but if the building trade continues its slide where will Perrans players be ?

To sum up, Perran deserved the win, no arguments from us but don't get carried away, we were not outplayed, we were just very poor on the day !

there were 50+ of us spread out around the ground and filled the clubhouse before the match for an hour with no Blue in sight, piss poor home support again,

A valid point Judge. Considering Perrans other two games were called off yesterday the local support was crap. Yes there were a few supporters there to watch the game but it is the same old faces doing the same old jobs at that club every week. Most of their so called "supporters" turned up quarter of an hour before kick-off just in time to grab a beer before the whistle. Perran have great facilities that some clubs would give their left arm for. It's a shame Perrans members don't appreciate it.

Great game though. If Justin Miles hoofer had gone in that would have gone down as goal of the season!

A convincing victory for Perranporth in a game that saw a number of Perranporth players in contention for Man of the Match. Justin Miles was outstanding at the back and Bryan Hawke terrorised Newquay down the right for a large amount of the second half and thoroughly deserved his two goals. Elliot Brown had a solid game as did Mike Cain and Dean Harris. The first half in my opinion was fairly even with Perranporth just about coming out on top. I agree the penalty was debatable and some would say justice was done when Rusty Rowson had his kick saved.

However, the second half was all one way traffic and Newquay couldn't deal with Perran as they took control and outclassed their opponents. The midfield partnership of Hampshire and ?? were the only Newquay players that caused Perran any problems, I personally thought Hampshire was a class above the rest yesterday and Newquay will do well to keep hold of him next season. Scott Palmer didn't look like he was at the races and the home support enjoyed jeering every miskick from his new green boots :clapper:

The major turning point in my opinion was when Perranporth introduced Justin Andrew (for the last 25 minutes, a time widely touted as the crucial time for Newquay as Perran are only a 70 minute team ??) Newquay didn't seem to be able to cope with him dropping deep and within minutes of his arrival he threaded Alex Arquati in to score and effectively wrap up the game. A muted Judge could be seen crying into his pint as a Perranporth supporter turned up the banter and to my surprise there was no come back from the Judge !! very dissapointing......

there were 50+ of us spread out around the ground and filled the clubhouse before the match for an hour with no Blue in sight, piss poor home support again,

Judge, you were there half and hour before kick off as were a number of Perranporth supporters and officials, I was the "BLUE" that asked if you would like a pint on the game and wasn't surprised to find that you had left right on the final whistle and jibbed out on our little bet :SM_carton:

A valid point Judge. Considering Perrans other two games were called off yesterday the local support was crap. Yes there were a few supporters there to watch the game but it is the same old faces doing the same old jobs at that club every week. Most of their so called "supporters" turned up quarter of an hour before kick-off just in time to grab a beer before the whistle. Perran have great facilities that some clubs would give their left arm for. It's a shame Perrans members don't appreciate it.

Smudge I agree with what you say about the same old faces ! As with most small village clubs it's generally the same small band of people that keep clubs like us going, I am a committee member and manager of the FHFL team and made sure that my whole team was there to give support to our first team. To suggest that the members of the club dont appreciate the club is a load of bollocks and just the type of comment I would expect from a team that had been thrashed by a team from a lower division !

I had the pleasure of meeting Truros Mr Mourinho (a very nice chap indeed) , but suggest he leaves the jokes to the locals as his city boy wit clearly went over the heads of some !!

WELL DONE PERRANPORTH :drink:

"A muted Judge could be seen crying into his pint as a Perranporth supporter turned up the banter and to my surprise there was no come back from the Judge !! very dissapointing"

You may have got me confused with someone else, as Capt Haddock will tell you, I was drinking Tea all afternoon ! The lad who was obviously on some sort of medication mixed with the top shelf of the bar, what can we say, if he slurred in English it may have helped, but we didn't understand a word he said. I did ask if his carer was aware that he was missing. I had no choice about leaving, my lift left at the final whistle, you will get your pint next season and a chaser as interest.

Anyway, Perran is a great place to visit which is why we were there an hour prior to kick off (the Hartlepool v West Ham game was 0-0 after 10mins when we arrived), the facilities make some SWPL Div 1 sides look like a council ground, which some are !

Well done again to all those involved with the club and good luck for the rest of the season.

Guest take a day off

suprise suprise sour grapes from the judge haha. Perranporth gave you one hell of a beatin just like mean machine haha. As for sayin the fans dont use the clubhouse is bollocks, we were all there for couple hours after the game celebrating te win. dont thik i saw any newquay fans there and only half the team came in for a drink which i think is very poor. But i guess you all had to get back to your sponsors night to drink some champagne which must of tasted very sour for you ha ha. As for the money side of things, i take it if newquy had that money it would be fine? Im so glad you got kocked off you perch by the perran fan. You should of brought your flag with you then you could of hid behind it instead\of hiding behind the rest of your fans. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

May I suggest you do exactly as your name suggests ! Sour grapes, not on this occasion, I think most folk would agree that I have been generous in my praise for Perranporth. Perhaps you were the chap on the medication, keep taking the pills, you obviously need them.

Guest take a day off

maybe if your team didnt take a day off you would have something to shout about ha ha. And no im not the man that forgot is pills. With the money perran as got maybe your centre midfielder would like to come and play some good football instead of what he is playin at the mo. ONE MAN TEAM NEWQUAY. Also i defo think your second team keeper james is much better the the lad who played yesterday. I can see you have not told anyone that your keeper should of been sent off for handling the ball outside his area :SM_carton::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Two excellent clubs, Judge, on whom your reportage is informative, even-handed and fair. Your point about money is well made, because the folks who will take Perranporth up to the SWPL won't be there if the money isn't next year. What a shame that Ronin's attempted profiteering could have ruined the day. To overcharge good football supporters for a programme is beneath contempt.

It's a shame that there are some contributors to this forum who do not share our Corinthian spirit. :D

I don't think Ronin can be held responsible for the get rich quick schemes at Perranporth, she was far too busy preparing the expensive legs for battle to be involved in that nonsense. I am prepared to forgive them this error in judgement, as from past experiences, the price of a double is very reasonable indeed.

As for the Sponsors night, a packed clubhouse until well after the witching hour, well supported by local businesses, supporters, players and others who may not have thought of visiting previously, well done Colin and Fiona.

Guest take a day off

i totally agree with you about the price perran were charging. it should of been at least half price as only 1 team turned up on the day. :D I think its about time everyone stops moaning about the money perran have got, you all seem very jealous, you cant tell me you wouldnt be happy with the money. UP THE PILCHARDS :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Another great result for Perranporth against "higher level opposition" and thoroughly deserved from what i saw. (I only arrived at half time, and from what i hear the 1st half was a far more even affair). The 2nd half started fairly even but within 10 mins Perran were dominanting all over the pitch. After going 2-0 down, the Newquay players' heads seemed to drop and the team looked beaten, and after watching both league meetings between the clubs, i'm sure the combination league side would not have capitulated in such fashion. Justin Andrew made was superb for Perranporth when he came on, and Justin Miles almost scored a beauty as the game became more and more one-sided, but we all know Milesy's never gonna score :P

Well done Perran

A convincing victory for Perranporth in a game that saw a number of Perranporth players in contention for Man of the Match. Justin Miles was outstanding at the back and Bryan Hawke terrorised Newquay down the right for a large amount of the second half and thoroughly deserved his two goals. Elliot Brown had a solid game as did Mike Cain and Dean Harris. The first half in my opinion was fairly even with Perranporth just about coming out on top. I agree the penalty was debatable and some would say justice was done when Rusty Rowson had his kick saved.

However, the second half was all one way traffic and Newquay couldn't deal with Perran as they took control and outclassed their opponents. The midfield partnership of Hampshire and ?? were the only Newquay players that caused Perran any problems, I personally thought Hampshire was a class above the rest yesterday and Newquay will do well to keep hold of him next season. Scott Palmer didn't look like he was at the races and the home support enjoyed jeering every miskick from his new green boots :clapper:

The major turning point in my opinion was when Perranporth introduced Justin Andrew (for the last 25 minutes, a time widely touted as the crucial time for Newquay as Perran are only a 70 minute team ??) Newquay didn't seem to be able to cope with him dropping deep and within minutes of his arrival he threaded Alex Arquati in to score and effectively wrap up the game. A muted Judge could be seen crying into his pint as a Perranporth supporter turned up the banter and to my surprise there was no come back from the Judge !! very dissapointing......

Judge, you were there half and hour before kick off as were a number of Perranporth supporters and officials, I was the "BLUE" that asked if you would like a pint on the game and wasn't surprised to find that you had left right on the final whistle and jibbed out on our little bet :SM_carton:

Smudge I agree with what you say about the same old faces ! As with most small village clubs it's generally the same small band of people that keep clubs like us going, I am a committee member and manager of the FHFL team and made sure that my whole team was there to give support to our first team. To suggest that the members of the club dont appreciate the club is a load of bollocks and just the type of comment I would expect from a team that had been thrashed by a team from a lower division !

I had the pleasure of meeting Truros Mr Mourinho (a very nice chap indeed) , but suggest he leaves the jokes to the locals as his city boy wit clearly went over the heads of some !!

WELL DONE PERRANPORTH :drink:

thanks kappa mate,enjoyed the game very much,got on well with the lot of you,nice to talk to ronin as well,my missis is always saying that my wit go over most peoples heads.heee :drink:

Speaking as a very happy Lillywhites supporter, I'd just like to echo the congratulations to all those connected with Perranporth for their result yesterday. While there are the usual comments from the Judge moaning about the referee, it sounds as if Newquay were outplayed on the day. The old chestnut of money raised its head again, with complaints that Perranporth's team cost more to put out than Newquay's. I don't remember Newquay fans complaining about money when they were paying good money to ensure a place in the Premier Division, and they're still playing us in Div 1 West!

Anyway, well done Perranporth! Good luck in the next round (unless you are drawn against the Lillywhites!)

What a shame that Ronin's attempted profiteering could have ruined the day.

Does it have to be in EVERY thread Rodney? Can't you give me a day off just once in a while? You're getting tedious, Old Man <_<

No-one's going to win this row lads. We won, we're happy - they lost, they're not... that's the way it is and if the result had gone the other way we would be moaning and the Judge would be smiling. We're away to Wendron next Saturday so I'm making a note to pack a flask and some sandwiches for the trip :D

I would just like to say well done to Perranporth they totally deserved their victory against us on Saturday. Mike Cain and Justin were solid at the back. Sam Moustrides made a difference when he came on. Alex and Kayne worked hard up front and caused us problems. Brian Hawke's pace was a real threat in the second half and Gosy became more influential as the game progressed. No complaints whatsoever about the result. At the end of the game our boys were devastated, they know they didn't perform and let themselves down on the day. However we have had far more good days than bad days this season and I am certain we will bounce back as we have done before this season. Good luck to Perran in this competition they have a real chance of winning it. JIM

Guest Peppermint

The voice of reason and sanity Jimbo - amongst the dross and downright silly comments. Perranorth throughly deserved their win and I for one would like to wish them the best of luck in the next round and I am sure no other team left in the competition will relish the prospect of being drawn to play them in the fourth round.

They are runaway leaders in the Combination League but looking at their line up and even their subs they contain a large number of class players who have performed with distinction in the CSWPL in the past.

In defence of The Judge - I think he was quite generous in his praise for Perranporth and was in no doubt that they deserved their victory.

I did think that justice was done when the keeper saved Rowson's penalty because the ball hit the defender's body - but these things happen and that is football.

Finally - I am sorrry I could not get to meet Ronin but I had to get back to our Clubhouse to prepare for the Sponsor's Evening that was a great success with players, Committee and supporters plus our generous sponsors enjoying a good evening in a packed Clubhouse. The beer still tasted good despite the defeat - how can Rodney blame Ronin for what happened on the gate - i think it was a case of misunderstanding.

He just likes to have a pop at me whenever he can Peppermint - as I said above it's rather tedious but I was always brought up to respect my elders and will therefore keep my opinion of Mr Beer to myself :rolleyes: Hopefully I'll get chance to say hello to you when we play Newquay (again!!) in the League Cup??

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Ronin - I am probably being sent somewhere else on League Cup day but I am sure we will catch up later in the season when the midweek evening games start.

Good luck to Perranporth for the rest of the season - except when you play Newquay in the League Cup!

Regards Graham Drew