Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Results

Guest Postie Pidge

Illogan RBL 1, Truro City 3

The score doesn't tell the story. Illogan enjoyed more possession than Truro; they just couldn't finish and when they found the target the Truro 'keeper was there. Illogan's 'keeper was outstanding, too. Sloppy defence for 0 - 1 after about 5 mins and Illogan could have gone in ahead at half time. Pretty incontestable but avoidable penalty for 0 - 2 early in the 2nd half. Glorious balls-up in defence for 0 - 3. Illogan's goal should have been disallowed for a foul on the Truro 'keeper but it stood and was no less than their play deserved. A draw would have been right, but there you go! Can't name the scorers - no programme. Good crowd.

Very sad news about Pat Maloney who many will remember in Illogan's black and white stripes in the seventies and eighties. How many goals did he score for Illogan, I wonder? And such a laugh in the changing room.

Credit must go to the SWPL West and the Combo sides today and although all Cup games can provide upsets, it must be said that the West league and Prem league is certainly going to take a few seasons for Clubs to find their realistic levels. Proven today at Poltair Park where unfortunately for Stevo, there was only ever one team in the game today.

Plain for all who follow SWPL football, to see that the top 8 teams or so of the West would certainly more than hold their own if they were to replace the bottom 8 or so of the Premier and therefore create a far more competitive and open PREMIER league.

St.Austell 4 Torpoint Athletic 0. [h/t 3 - 0]

Nancarrow 2, Whetters 1, Body 1.

A stroll in the [poltair] park for the 'lillywhites' who still remain unbeaten in all cup competitions this season.

Observation.

Why o why do match officials tolerate such blatant bad language. The assistant referee like many of us must have heard the 'c' word bellowed out by a Torpoint defender towards a St.Austell forward, but did precisely nothing. Not good enough gentlemen. :SM_carton:

The most competitive league of football in the county was the last seaon of the south western league beofre it all changed. That was the strongest and most competitive the south westrern league has been for years. Tough at the top and no easy games. Some real strength in the league. (bar 2 teams) In my opinion a bad time to have changed it all.

Well done to all thosae winning sides today and good luck in the next round .Could we have senior cup winners from outside the counties toi leagjue?

PERRANWELL 2 STICKER 1

ATT; 67

JON BLUNDELL AND STEVE BREWER PUT THE HOME SIDE 2-0 UP BEFORE CHRIS KITSON REDUCED THE ARREARS WITH 15 MINUTES LEFT. SPOKE TO DAVE FISHER WHO SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS A FAIR RESULT.

LAST 8

PENRYN

PERRANPORTH

ST AUSTELL

TRURO CITY

PERRANWELL

CALLINGTON

PORTHLEVEN/MILLBROOK

SALTASH/DOBWALLS

VERY OPEN................

Guest Uncle Albert

As wel as Dan Nancarrow played today, I don't think he scored two goals, David. Mike Body (21), Nancarrow (23), Lee Whetter (44) and Josh Higman (49) were the scorers.

Perranporth 4 - 0 Newquay

Hawke (2), Arquati, Stapleton

All four goals came in the second half with a very fit Perranporth side wearing down a strong Newquay team

in response to the post on the sticker post i agree that Perran just about edged it,in a game that the ref did his best to spoil.pitch didnt suit us,but i wasleasantly surprised by the style of football from the opposition and best of luck to them in the next round .

But more importantly could somebody please let me know about the Pat Maloney comment in Tom trusts post .I used to play with the top man at Illoganand desperately hope that i have misread the implication of Toms words.

Perranporth 4 - 0 Newquay

Hawke (2), Arquati, Stapleton

All four goals came in the second half with a very fit Perranporth side wearing down a strong Newquay team

ronin well done for today,but must add newquay were crap,the worst i have seen scott palmer play ,or was let to play,just as well been stood next to the judge hew was olso not heard much to day,perhaps because newquay didnt give him much to shout about,not that he needs a reason,could have and should have won bye much more than they did,your supporter hew shouted at the judge was brilliant didnt here a come back from the man,perhaps its we only sing when were wining,good luck in the next round :clapper::clapper: :c:

My condolences go to Sue and the rest of his family

Pat moved down from London and - you are right Mike - he was a part of the successful Heathcotes side of the early 70's

I joined Illogan at the same time as Pat Maloney and we started in the Mining Division side and both of us made our debuts for the Combo side that year.

That side managed by Roger Toms, won the Combo league before joining the South Western with Pat quickly becoming a mainstay.

We used to enjoy a few beers together after training and Tom Trust is right Pat had an sharp wit and a relatively feisty nature on the pitch - I remember him being sent off at Bugle for trading a few punches with the centre half - and it wasnt the first or the last time

Cheers bud