Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 24/01/2009

Div 3

Frogpool Res 5-4 Ruan Minor

A tough-battled game with both sides being in front at various stages of the game. It was a difficult game for the young referee to take charge of, with a few decisions that left some players baffled. All due respect to the ref though for not letting the vocal opposition bully him into some decisions. All in all this was a deserved win & sees us carry on our recent improvement. Still bottom of the league, but we're catching up to other teams now & within another few games we can hopefully move off the bottom. :yahoo:

rosudgeon 0-10 penryn 4ths

goalscorers

matt willey 3

kristan martin 3

jamie allen 2

dan macdonald 1

bobby dawes 1

very good performance, pitch was in superb condition a credit to rosudgeon.

well one bushy/chopper good result down there.

FHFL 1

Holmans 0 - 5 Mawnan (HT 0-2)

Holmans started the brighter of the two sides for the first 15min however a goal against the run of play after 20min allowed Mawnan to get into their stride and they showed why they are such a diffucult side to beat. Holmans had a couple of chances but never looked like getting back in front and the away side ran out worthy winners with 3 goals in the 2nd half and dominating the play for the final 25min.

Div 3: Fal Ath 5 Lizard 0

Solid start by Fal and went 2 up by first 20.

A Miller tap in and Perrin peach of a curling free kick.

Lizard got back into the game and gained confidence.

Farrow tapped home after a competitive spell.

Two more from Cudlipp and another Perrin blasting free kick.

Well ref'd by Justin Moses and a good natured game.

And f@ck me can that Lizard lad take a throw in!

Guest some call him David Bentley

Mullion 3-0 trispen

good game but the trispen lot are very dirty, some off the challenges easily bookings but the referee was a bit shit for both teams . good game look forward to going to there place coming away with the 3 points :)

Cury 2- St Day 2.

dissapointing result today,cury dominated the 1st half and shouldve been 4 up at the half but poor finishing left it at 1-nil at half time. second half was much of the same with cury taking a 2 nil lead and not taking the chance to put it beyond st day who gradually came back in to the game scoring a cracking free kick which seemed to kick them in to gear and they scored a late goal to get a draw which the away side will be happier with

Mullion 3-0 trispen

good game but the trispen lot are very dirty, some off the challenges easily bookings but the referee was a bit shit for both teams . good game look forward to going to there place coming away with the 3 points :)

Trispen are not a team i would class as dirty,they challenge hard but completly fair

Guest mauricio

Cury 2- St Day 2.

dissapointing result today,cury dominated the 1st half and shouldve been 4 up at the half but poor finishing left it at 1-nil at half time. second half was much of the same with cury taking a 2 nil lead and not taking the chance to put it beyond st day who gradually came back in to the game scoring a cracking free kick which seemed to kick them in to gear and they scored a late goal to get a draw which the away side will be happier with

Surprising result!Wasn't expecting that at all.

Mullion 3-0 trispen

Trispen are not a team i would class as dirty,they challenge hard but completly fair

The referee was a bit shocking on this game. Mullion had a goal disalowed because Trispen linesman told the referee there was a challenge on the keeper... Trispen keeper punched our striker on the back of his head and he didn't see it, but a couple of minutes later he gave a free kick to Mullion (even though he didn't see it :wacko: ) There was a few nasty tackles and the referee should book a few players but...its all good!

We've got 3 points and another clean sheet!

Shame that none of the Trispen players came to our clubhouse for a pint <_<

FHFL 3

I'm led to believe Mullion beat Trispen 3-0

Goals Harrison Higgings and little Sean.

Could that be the 3rd Div all over all bar the shouting..

yeh great result 4 the mullion boys even more so as cury dropped points!!!!

FHFL Results 24/01/2009

Taken from Sunday Independent ©

FHFL 1

Holmans 0 Mawnan 5

Mousehole 5 Helston 1

Pendeen 3 Truro City 2

Penyrn v Falmouth Town post

St Agnes 4 Falmouth Albion 0

St Day 2 Stitihians 0

St Keverne 5 Perranwell 2

FHFL 2

Camborne Park 1 Constantine 0

Hayle v Wendron post

Lizard 2 Troon 2

Marazion 2 Carharrack 6

Mawnan 1 Rosudgeon 1

Porthlevern Rangers v Lanner post

FHFL 3

Constantine v Hayle post

Cury 2 St Day 2

Falmouth Athletic Res 5 Lizard 0

Frogpool 5 Ruan Minor 4

Mullion 3 Trispen 0

Rosudgeon 0 Penryn 10

Wendron 5 Carharrack 2

St Agnes 4 albion 0

quite possible the worst performance i have seen from albion since i have ever been at the club mark was sent off for swearing after 25mins on that pitch you cant have 10 players against 11 . Fort the ref was correct in his decision for red card but find his overall performance awful. Saying that Full credit to St Agnes who played well took full advantage of the extra player

Waste of a saturday afternoon :angry:

24/01/2009

FHFL 3

Wendron IV 5 Caharrack Res 2 HT 2-0

Not the best performance from Wendron, but ground out the result in the end. Played on the 'banana' pitch at Wendron, which considering the rain we've had was very firm and a great surface for football, credit to Jack Prowse the groundsman :clapper:

1st half Wendron dominated the possession, creating a number of chances, but through poor finishing and some great saves from the opponents keeper we were frustrated until about half an hour in when the keeper picked up a back pass to concede a freekick in the box, which our striker slammed into the net, we keep the pressure on for the rest of the half, although credit to Caharrack who defended with passion and had a couple of attacks themselves. Our winger finally got the 2nd after some nice passing between the midfield and strikers.

2nd half we were far too complacent for the first 15 mins, and Caharrack got back into the game after our keeper fumbled a shot from wide into the net. This kicked us up the arse and got us back into control of the game, eventually scoring again after some good passing moves. Caharrack tired a little bit at the back and left spaces for us to exploit, scoring 2 more goals before Caharrack got a consolation goal near the end. Top marks to Caharrack for not giving up and for the passion they showed.

Wendron are away at Hayle next week

Scorers:

Neil Bartlett, Alan Rogers, Ryan Lewis, Rob Bevington 2

Man of Match: Neil Bartlett

Donkey of the day: Adam Searle

Pete

24/01/2009

FHFL 2

Marazion 2 Carharrack 6

Carharrack’s winning streak continued with a 6-2 win over Marazion Blues in FHFL 2. A hat trick from Liam Bray helped the visitors to an emphatic victory at the expense of a hapless home side.

Bray fired Carhararck ahead on the 6th minute but this lead was shot lived as Marazion replied with a 25 yard equaliser which left the Carharrack defence motionless on the 9th. As Marazion were busy patting each other on the back Bray took the opportunity to once more introduce himself to the home goalkeeper by placing the ball into the back of the net a minute later.

Not to be outdone Marazion pushed forward applying pressure creating a handful of chances that narrowly went wide. The Blues came close to scoring when confusion with the away goalkeeper and the last man nearly ended with another equaliser but the home striker failed to hit the target.

A relaxed atmosphere in the Carhararck dressing allowed discussion on how to increase attacks and make use of the wings.

After the interval, the team talk certainly paid off when the ever consistent winger Paul Jolly struck a belter on the 48th just outside the box placing the ball into the top right hand corner of the Marazion goalmouth much to the dismay of the home crowd.

Carharrack hungry for more advanced forward this unfortunately led the dismissal of the Blues captain who brought down midfielder Joff Malabar who was the last man through on goal on the edge of the box.

The direct kick led to corner kick which was taken by Brenden Dennis and headed in by Carharrack defender Nicky Palmer on the 51st.

Marazion battled on but could not stop the onslaught of attacks which came from all directions. Eventually Bray rounded off his hat trick with a poachers goal inside the 6 yard box on the 75th. With play restarted Carharrack keeper Jamie Chown made up for his earlier mistake by booting his kick across the half way line straight to striker Mark Miller who accurately passed to Dennis who chipped the keeper on the 80th.

A lapse of concentration ment Marazion were able to claw back a consolation goal just before the final whistle.

Good luck to Marazion for the rest of the season. Game played in good spirits.

Referee: B Harris

im pretty sure mullion got awarded 3points when stithians didnt turn up for a game.. only update needed for us! keep up good work mate!

yeh good shout oldman mullion have knocked cury off the top of fhfl division 3!!!!! :D

Guest some call him David Bentley

Cury 2- St Day 2.

Mullion 3-0 trispen

you say that they are not very dirty , but you say there challenges are hard but when mullion played against cury i dont think cury made one challege that they WON ......

nice to see mullion finally on top of the table :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Guest Postie Pidge

quote me if im wrong cuddles, your match report is wrong, either you or joe only scored 1, and my reliable source says that joe got 2 and you got 1, sorry m8, eitha that or it was 6-0

I think he means two more - one from Cuddles and a Perrin net buster. Definitely 5-0.

Well done to the Mawnan boys back to winning ways. Could have been more if Chris"Toblerone"Pellow or DJ"Shut my eyes and hope for the best"Whatmore could head. The game also saw an overhead kick attempt at 3ft high turn into a dummy and Stuart"Beppe"Wilkes doing great impressions of Dancing on Ice.

2 cracking finishes by Smudge, one for DJ, one for Greg and i think the other was Toblerone.

Cheers to Holmans, was a good game well reffed by Steve Rose.

For Lord Earl.....CHAAAAAAARGE!!

FHFL 1

Holmans 0 - 5 Mawnan (HT 0-2)

Holmans started the brighter of the two sides for the first 15min however a goal against the run of play after 20min allowed Mawnan to get into their stride and they showed why they are such a diffucult side to beat. Holmans had a couple of chances but never looked like getting back in front and the away side ran out worthy winners with 3 goals in the 2nd half and dominating the play for the final 25min.

hey pitty dont mean to be rude but have you won a game since marksy left

Guest holmans10

yep, beat stithians 2-0 in our last game before saturdays result against a very good mawnan side :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

Results could be better but hey thats football, great spirit in the side but just too inconsistent, by the way we all wish Dave the best at his new club Titans ;) ;)

Guest holmans10

I dont know who focus is but, maybe hes generally worried about the poor form of Holmans since Daves departure and cant sleep at night or hes looking for contoversial comment describing the relationship between Dave and Holmans dont know.

Only reason why the seconds aren't doing very well is because 60% of the combination team were last years 2nd teamers thats why Dave left, everyones moved on and looking towards the future under the management skills of Gary Edmunds and Ray Richards, both top men.

The club are producing some very talented players at the moment eg. mostly gaining experience in the third team,9 players under 18 wanting to play for the club every week so im sure these players will push on into the 2nds and hopefully next year push for the league. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

much love.

I dont know who focus is but, maybe hes generally worried about the poor form of Holmans since Daves departure and cant sleep at night or hes looking for contoversial comment describing the relationship between Dave and Holmans dont know.

Only reason why the seconds aren't doing very well is because 60% of the combination team were last years 2nd teamers thats why Dave left, everyones moved on and looking towards the future under the management skills of Gary Edmunds and Ray Richards, both top men.

The club are producing some very talented players at the moment eg. mostly gaining experience in the third team,9 players under 18 wanting to play for the club every week so im sure these players will push on into the 2nds and hopefully next year push for the league. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

much love.

not looking for any contraversy scott just merely asking i enjoyed watching the 2nds but now find it all rather boring probably due to the fact that all the 2nd team players gone as you say to the first team real pitty thought 2nds were just playing good football and know they were enjoying it under marksy sorry if my comment did not sound right have not been for quite some time now so will leave it at that

much love.

not looking for any contraversy scott just merely asking i enjoyed watching the 2nds but now find it all rather boring probably due to the fact that all the 2nd team players gone as you say to the first team real pitty thought 2nds were just playing good football and know they were enjoying it under marksy sorry if my comment did not sound right have not been for quite some time now so will leave it at that

Focus

It would be nice to know who you are as clearly you are our number 1 fan turning up week in week out to watch us but clearly now that we are "boring you" I suggest maybe you look elsewhere to get your entertainment...Maybe try watching Titans down the road if you are missing Dave that much!!!!!!

As for the statement of losing all the 2nds to the first team, well thats a load of crap as it has been a total of 3!! And best of luck to them playing a better standard. You mentioned about the lack of wins since the previous manager left which i admit has been dissapointing but the fixture faries have not been the kindest with losses to Mawnan (twice) Athletic (away) and Chacewater (away) their have been wins against Pendeen (away) and Stithians (twice) and a draw with a good Truro side. So maybe the season has not panned out as well as the early season form suggested but the good mix of youth and experience will be a good foundation to build on for next season.

I hope this statement satisfies you and you have got the reaction you were hoping for!!!

is 60% only three players pitty i never realised(holmans tens words not mine) i am not saying nowt about a marksy fan just dissapointing to see your results thats all. i have no reason to watch the titans as i was a holmans player myself and simply follow your results as said in my last post sorry if these small feeble comments are upsetting to you but just airing my opinion. what has happened to holmans fc :( :(