Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 24/01/2009

Mining 3

Storm 3 - 2 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 1-2)

A draw would probably been a fair result with Redruth starting the better and deservedly going 2-0 up from player manager Darin Thomas and a long range Free Kick from Jake Williams before Storm scored from a great free kick just on half time and a quick second just after half time from then on it was end to end stuff with Storm grabbing the winner mid way throught the secong half. Another good performance from the Reds against much higher placed opponents, hopefully we can build on this and start moving up the league

Guest lynchmob

St Buryan 1 Heamoor 2

Heamoor dominated with chances early on but couldn't put them away, then Buryan started working harder and nearly made a goal before half time.

Second half was very entertaining with both sides playing good football, Dave tremayne opened the scoring with a left foot shot along the floor. St buryan then responded due to a mistake between goalie and defender in the Heamoor box. Heamoor then came back with a great solo goal by Damien wager. Buryan then came back again to win a penalty but it was put wide. Overall Heamoor deserved the win due to the amount of chances we made through the game. Much needed 3 points :yahoo:

H/T 0-0

F/T 1-2 :yahoo:

MOM: Steven williams

p.s Nice food after by the way, good look for the rest of the season!

Newlyn Non Athletico 2 - 0 Crown Inn Glory

Newlyn managed to grind out the win in this close affair, and close the gap on Chacewater.

Conditions weren't great and The Crown were far superior with regards to organisation since our encounter earlier in the season.

Adam Strowger struck twice either side of half-time, with both assists coming from Callum Mitchell.

Another clean sheet for Newlyn, who have now scored 24 and conceded only 3 in their last 5 matches.

Mining 3

Gulval Res. 1 Wendron 5ths 2

In sticky conditions underfoot, Gulval were looking to bounce back after last week’s loss against high flyers Storm Res. Playing against the bottom team in the table this week, confidence was high, but never take your opponents lightly. This game was entertaining as the action moved from one end to the other in a well fought game.

Wendron took the lead midway through the first half. A through ball found Gulval's backline high up the pitch, and although there was a suspicion of off-side, it was only a suspicion as the Wendron forward made an excellently timed run and finished well past Rob Gall.

Gulval were creating a lot of chances at the other end. Jamie Harrison, Corey Howes, Stuart Cooper all going close. It seemed only a matter of time before Gulval scored. With seconds remaining in the first half, Gulval pressure finally resulted in a real opportunity to bring the scores level from the penalty spot. However, Corey Howes struck the penalty a foot wide.

The same effort from both teams continued into the second half. Rhondda Mitchell started to make substitutions and changes in the Gulval formation, and finally the pressure resulted in Charlie Pearce calmly firing the ball into the net from inside the area. It looked as if only one team could now go on to win it, but the Wendron keeper made some excellent saves, notably one from a Phil Harvey close range header. But Wendron took the points with a spectacular effort with minutes remaining. Rob Gall cleared the ball from the right hand edge of his area only to find a Wendron player near the half way line. His first time effort of around 50 yards went straight into the empty net.

Mining 3

Mariners 3 Pendeen 2

I arrived as they kicked off and, before I'd strolled to the half way line, Mariners could/should have scored four.

The pattern continued through the game, Mariners failing to take chance after chance.

They dominated the game and were well in control for most of the match but with 10 minutes to go had only managed to score three against Pendeen's one.

With 10 minutes to go, against the run of play, Pendeen pushed up their big defender for a corner and he headed a fine goal. Minor panic from Mariners (After last week's conceding 3 in the last 10 minutes) saw the game out.

Low key but sound ref, Sid Deeble.

I would just like thank gulval for yesterday's match, it was a well fought match by both sides. It went right to the wire with Gulval equalising with less than 10 minutes to go, they kept going at us until the very end, but a misplaced clearance by the gulval keeper from the right hand side of his 18 yard box in the 87 min landed at a grateful Nick Tomba's feet just inside our half, thinking he was beckham he hit a speculative "CLEARANCE" straight into the open gulval goal to give us our first well deserved 3 points since I took over as manager of the Fifth team.

NIK NAC :yahoo:

Gulval 1 Wendron Utd V 2

Wendron goal scorers

Robyn Watson

Nick Tomba

Good luck to gulval for the rest of the season

Dunn Cup

Threemilestone 3 - 2 St Buryan

TMS scorers; Marc Taylor, Liam Patterson, Steve Howson

A decent game of football played in difficult conditions but one that certainly kept those watching on their toes. The referee done a good job for the conditions and both teams played some tidy football on a surface which was cutting up fairly badly especially towards the end of the game.

St Buryan came to play and gave a really good account of themselves, which was not unexpected. The homeside at times played really good football although within the last third TMS squandered several chances before Marc Taylor headed home from six yards out just before half time.

One nil is always a slender lead and the awayside equalised and then took the lead with two shots out of the top drawer, this stunned the Stones and although the homeside carved out some clear chances to equalise, they went begging and it looked as if the awayside would do a smash and grab on the day, fortunately for the Stones a change of formation and personnel proved decisive and Liam Patterson come off the bench and equalised from close range with 10 mins left. The game was won in the 90th min when James Bright was pulled back in the box and Steve Howson fired the penalty home to give the Stones a deserved win and a place in the next round.

Well done to the Stones whose Man of the Match was Giles Wane. :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Mining 2

School of Mines 6 V 1 Titans

Think its about time the Titans dropped the 'an' from their name !

The vast majority of Titans guys are a good bunch of blokes, but i can think of one not naming names who correctly put is a TIT.

Bundi Pot kettle & black does come into mind when you say that!!!!Nothing wrong with asking the question, you dont ask you dont get, As for snake does anyone no him?? i ve seen his posts in the past he winds up truro city fans and defends falmouth to the hilt must be envy, has he ever played football in his life i think he should tell us all who he is, must have been a great player in his day one that never moans and never broke the rules of the game once. I must have upset you snake so whats your problem??? :D

Robarts 0 - 3 Illogan

Johnny (goal machine) Jones, Gareth Pitt and Curly with a great header from the corner.

Tough game in tough conditions with the pitch cutting up and getting heavy. We didnt play well but got the job done if not for our debutant 16 year old keeper who played superb Robarts could easily have had a couple of goals as well.

it wasnt peter barnes was it??????

moans from first whistle to the last one????

That would be him

Can't believe everybody thinks this about the mining leagues best volleyball player.

"sticks and stones" snake "sticks and stones" easy to come on here and call us names at least we turn up every week come rain or shine and have a beer after the game. :drink: this is only our second season. to get promoted after our first was an excellent achievement. maybe it was to early but its easier to quit than it is to give it a go. not everyone is perfect and not everyone can be top, but remember one thing if clubs like us don't give it a go there will be no leagues. have you ever watched us play.come along and watch us one week and introduce yourself to me,just ask for the chairman. then you can call us all the names you like or drop into Camborne cricket club and i will buy you a beer :c: :smiley20:

"sticks and stones" snake "sticks and stones" easy to come on here and call us names at least we turn up every week come rain or shine and have a beer after the game. :drink: this is only our second season. to get promoted after our first was an excellent achievement. maybe it was to early but its easier to quit than it is to give it a go. not everyone is perfect and not everyone can be top, but remember one thing if clubs like us don't give it a go there will be no leagues. have you ever watched us play.come along and watch us one week and introduce yourself to me,just ask for the chairman. then you can call us all the names you like or drop into Camborne cricket club and i will buy you a beer :c::smiley20:

Sorry Postie. Never intended to upset your boys. I am sure you are all a very good hard working bunch. My comment was really aimed at 'hand of god Barnes', who had you not been playing the bottom side on Saturday would have been at burger king (A favoured location for him when you have a tough game !!). The way he goes on sometimes its like hes the only one that plays for you.In fact in his own words Saturdays defeat didnt matter because... "I scored a fantastic goal" !!!.

Good luck for rest of the season.

The Titans lads are a good bunch and win or lose still have a beer together whether it be an away match or at their home base,Camborne Cricket Club.

They were only formed last season,were competitive all year and achieved a promotion into Mining League Division Two at the end.

Keep up the good work Martin and Titans FC,you are a credit to the league.

Guest Postie Pidge

Can anyone help with the scores from the following games:

Dunn Cup 1st round

Halsetown vs St Just

Trispen vs Gulval

Jubilee Cup 1st round

Chacewater vs Sennen

Division 2

Madron vs Holmans

Mousehole vs St Agnes

Newlyn NA vs Illogan RBL

Sunday 25/01/02