Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 24/01/2009

Pensilva 1-2 St mawgan

Well what can I say. I have to use one of them old football terms. WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM. But fair play to st mawgan and all the best of luck for the rest of the season lads. I fill sorry for our next opponents who have to play us as we will cause some damage!

Duchy League Cup

St Newlyn East 2 - 1 Premier Sixes HT 0-0

Well done Newlyn. I am still deflated and devasted at the manner with which we crashed out. Newlyn scored two quick goals at the start of the second half through Worrall and Standinger before P6 immediatly won a penalty. I was going to take it and bang it straight down the middle as I knew Andy would dive only to let Ben Lawrence take it as he was desperate to take it. The resulting penalty found a tree in Cubert meaning that our lifeline had vanised. A cavalier push at the end with a 3-2-5 formation saw Parsonage reduce the arrears with 6 minutes remaining. The thing that annoys me the most is that we were denied a perfectly good goal in the first half when my corner flew straight in off the bar and bounced a clear foot over the line before being cleared only for the ref to consult the Newlyn lino who responded 'i didnt see'. fan f...ing tastic. A match of the day classic moment for sure. P6's lack of quality upfront (we have no out and out strikers - hence a defender (me) and winger having to play upfront) was once more exposed as chance after chance was created and failed to really test Andrew Walter Scott in the Newlyn goal.

all we have to play for now is second place in div four.

To round the afternoon off i then phoned the reserve manager to find out how they got on against Callington, the response was this 'well we were winning 3-1 at half-time, but......ended up losing 7-3'.

Well played Newlyn, Liam Dent is a fantastic player and was unlucky not to score with his shot that hit the post. Good luck in the next round. Dan Thrussel and Russ Withers also played exceptionally well.

Perranporth's Duchy 5 game against Bridgerule was postponed today because of a waterlogged pitch, it would have been a 120 mile round trip, so we didn't really have too many complaints. Perranporth are at home to Sticker next weekend, it will be the first time we've played them since the first game of the season where we won 9 - 0, however they have done quite well since then.

Guest gunniplayer

Having watched pensilva against st mawgan i have to disagree with sarge. both teams were evenly matched and st mawgan took their chances when it counted. next week should be an interesting game Pensilva v's Gunnislake, weather premitting.

Perranporth's Duchy 5 game against Bridgerule was postponed today because of a waterlogged pitch, it would have been a 120 mile round trip, so we didn't really have too many complaints. Perranporth are at home to Sticker next weekend, it will be the first time we've played them since the first game of the season where we won 9 - 0, however they have done quite well since then.

Sticker will want to check first but this game may be at Goonhavern?

I'm sure it will be alot closer than the 1st league game - Perrans last game only had around 5 players in the squad that started the 1st league due to squad rotations.

Just looking forward to playing a game of bloody football!

Delabole 2 - 1 St Breward - the visitors got of to a good start when jamie kay ran the ball down the left hand side with ease and put the pass across the six yard box for martin jago to put away. St breward looked the better team all the way up until the last 10 minutes where substitute Darren Rivers scored a brace to give the 3 points to the home side. St Breward deserved at leat a point with the way they played. But that seems to be the story of the season for them!

Sticker will want to check first but this game may be at Goonhavern?

I'm sure it will be alot closer than the 1st league game - Perrans last game only had around 5 players in the squad that started the 1st league due to squad rotations.

Just looking forward to playing a game of bloody football!

Yes, Perranporth vs Sticker will be at Goonhavern Football Club next Saturday because our FHFL 2 side are at home as well.

Guest gunniplayer

yeh our pitch is in a state at the mo.one half of the pitch is solid and playable then the bottom end is a complete bog.we were hoping for dry weather last week but that never came.looks like most of our home games will be played during midweek games when the light improves in the evenings.