Cornwall Football Forum

3 G Here we go again!

I don't know why people are so worried about playing on indiarubber, or bouncy-castle, or whatever it is St Stephen's Boro use. Sounds luxurious to me.

Pendeen have never worried about playing on granite bits between mineshafts. Penzance is a council boating lake. St Ives is a rabbit sanctuary. Mousehole is a graveyard extension and you need crampons to watch a game at Peranwell. Newquay pitch is built for donkey racing and St Blazey can only turn out at all if there's a little man diving over the railway line every few minutes to swim down the canal and get the ball back.

Oh for the good old days when we could use coats up and down South Place, St Just and you only had to stop playing if a tractor came by. :D

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Now now Isaac, the donkeys left Newquay 2 years ago, although some may argue that point. I always though St Ives was a 9 hole pitch and putt course, even the Germans had less bunkers on the front line.

Plastic has no place in football as it has no place on a woman !

we at callington use 3g to train on, cause of the darkness these days to train at evening time.

we played st stephens borough in the senior cup and our players absolutely loved the surface. on its day 3g is better than grass at times. why they complained i dont know, callington dont use the 3g on matchdays because we aint got contract to say we can, but would require it when the grass pitch is not available. biscovey should play it on the 3g just the once, who knows, they may like it as well.

3g pitches are great to play on and can make a very quick and good game. In an ideal world every team would have a 3g pitch but thats simply not possible. But i can see why teams dont want to play on the 3g pitch. The home side have a huge advantage (due to playing on the pitch all the time) which simply isnt fair as they know how to play it ect. The difference between a bouncy 3g pitch and an average football pitch it too great.

But as i said i wouldnt say no if my club was to get one :D

Guest tafc.-gaffa

The only bad thing about 3g pitches is that it makes rubbish footballers look worse!!!

So if you cant pass,have no pace,have bad judgement,cant tackle on your feet then you will look bad and will complain!

Sorry but it sounds to me that bad workmen blame their tools!!

My duchy side played St. Stephens Borough pre-season and got a 1-1 draw. We enjoyed it and some good slick football was played, even though we never play on it!!!!

Cant see the arguemnt against it at least the wet weather doesnt affect it!!!

Dear me, Judge ! You'll upset Ronin, dismissing her fashion sense like that.

The only plastic on me is the duct tape they have to stick over my mouth whenever we play St Just to stop me telling you to your face what a nasty, cantankerous old duffer I think you are Mr Beer - oops, that slipped out didn't it!? :P

This is a football website, madam, not intended for you to expose whatever peculiar frissons your relationship with duct tape may engender in your curious psyche. If you have nothing of value to impart about 3-d pitches, kindly confine yourself in future to subjects you understand, such as dancing round your handbag in some Northern discotheque, dressing up, showing off your little black pointy hat or offering Kayne Trevaskis a massage.

This is a football website .... If you have nothing of value to impart about 3-d pitches, kindly confine yourself in future to subjects you understand

Straight back at you Hun - you started it. I believe (and I may be wrong - it has been know) that they are called 3G pitches not 3d :D

Stop interrupting my dialogue with the Judge with your infantile squawking, dear. :rolleyes: We're having an important conversation. Go and get your hair done or something, then you may be a little less cranky.

Firstly I'm not, and never will be, your "dear".

Secondly if you didn't drag me into your pointless ramblings I would not have to comment on them.

Finally, as Judge has not replied to you I would hardly call it a conversation, would you?

I'll leave now as I'm sure it's nearly time for your afternoon nap Old Man.

If you have nothing of value to impart about 3-d pitches

How wonderful that you can now watch football in colour and in 3-d! How technology and human eyesight has evolved!

kindly confine yourself in future to subjects you understand, such as dancing round your handbag in some Northern discotheque, dressing up, showing off your little black pointy hat or offering Kayne Trevaskis a massage

The times they are a-changin', Rodders. I thought your posts were starting to make a bit of sense, but it's a shame to see that you have lowered yourself to this. For it to be humour, I guess it has to be funny for a start. For it to be interesting, I guess it has to be something that people want to read on a football forum.

Sexism is not a symptom of fear. Nor is it a symptom of hatred. It is merely a symptom of ignorance.

Getting back on topic, I personally like 3g pitches, thay are great to train on. Whether I'd want to play on them for half a season is another matter, but as long as I was paid a Dom Pullen goal bonus sized packet I'd be willing to go along with most things! Saying that, the rubber crumbs are a real pain in the, erm, eye!

Guest Alex Haste

As manager of the Pilgrim Pitch 3G Pitch at Saltmill and as a player who plays for St Stephens Borough, this whole conversation of my pitch is getting boring

Cant we just accept the decision made by the League and CCFA

I agree that you could say we have an advantage whilst playing at home, but surely any team playing at home should have advantage as they too know how their pitch works and the atmosphere, isnt that the advantage of every premier league team also playing at home. Look at Chelsea, they went seasons without losing at Stamford Bridge creating a real fort knocks ground no one could break them, all teams that visited there surely had this is mind at the time. Chelsea there for had the Advantage

However The disadvantage that we have a St Stephens Boro is playing on grass, surely the teams we play against away from home have the advantage of using their pitch and also have the advantage from more grass practice!!!!!!!!

Quite agree with you on sexism, Mitch. That is why I parody it, like a Michael Winner advertisement. QED below......

Tsk, tsk, Ronin, biting as you retreat, just like Rolo ! All that cosmetic dentistry, what an indulgence !

Dreadful ageism, too, my luvver ! Doesn't bother me, I''ve still got my own teeth even though I'll be 50 on July 5. Gusson, how old are you under all that slap anyway ?

The beauty of a 3G pitch is that every time the Tinners tackle they can set light to the opposition.

:D

Dear me, Judge ! You'll upset Ronin, dismissing her fashion sense like that. To say nothing of her familiar, the creature with the tattoos !

What a ******* ***** you are. I've not posted on here for ages yet you STILL can't help but to bring me and Ronin into your bullshit ramblings about something you seem to know **** all about. Its not as if YOU have to play on a 3G or would you rather me call it a 3D pitch. Seems to me by most of your postings the women who use this FOOTBALL forum know more about football then you. Your nothing but one of those gutless men who slag people off behind a screen but won't say a word when asked for your opinion face to face. :angry2:

Quite agree with you on sexism, Mitch. That is why I parody it, like a Michael Winner advertisement. QED below......

Tsk, tsk, Ronin, biting as you retreat, just like Rolo ! All that cosmetic dentistry, what an indulgence !

Dreadful ageism, too, my luvver ! Doesn't bother me, I''ve still got my own teeth even though I'll be 50 on July 5. Gusson, how old are you under all that slap anyway ?

The beauty of a 3G pitch is that every time the Tinners tackle they can set light to the opposition.

50?!!! Bloody hell Rodders what kind of paper round did you do as a youngster? Did you cover the whole of deepest darkest far west Cornwall?

Guest Frank le tank

Only reason people kick off on this this topic is if they cant play decent football. Maybe if kids were forced to play decent football from a young age with a surface like this we may produce some better footballers in this country?!?!?!

Yes, welcome back, Anita. I am not aware of making any allusion to you recently: I seldom stoop to low comedy. However, if you wish to enlighten the forum by arguing otherwise, no doubt you will do so.

Language straight from the sewer is often a sign of inarticulacy and frustration, I've found. I do not know whether you are able to tone it down. Vulnerable children, Perranporth supporters and the mentally ill could all be badly affected by such vulgarity and irresponsibility .

As an old man, I'm very shocked and I don't know if my heart can take any more. :unsure:

Guest pilgrim pete

As manager of the Pilgrim Pitch 3G Pitch at Saltmill and as a player who plays for St Stephens Borough, this whole conversation of my pitch is getting boring

Cant we just accept the decision made by the League and CCFA

I agree that you could say we have an advantage whilst playing at home, but surely any team playing at home should have advantage as they too know how their pitch works and the atmosphere, isnt that the advantage of every premier league team also playing at home. Look at Chelsea, they went seasons without losing at Stamford Bridge creating a real fort knocks ground no one could break them, all teams that visited there surely had this is mind at the time. Chelsea there for had the Advantage

However The disadvantage that we have a St Stephens Boro is playing on grass, surely the teams we play against away from home have the advantage of using their pitch and also have the advantage from more grass practice!!!!!!!!

its fort knox

issac i think you need to keep ur comments about godolphin and the players at the club with ref to donkeys to your self, your another reason why a lot of guys dont even reply on this site , if you have a prob ill gladly let u take part in one of our training sessions just to see how hard the so called donkeys can kick , cheep comments on here are just that cheep grow up and if you have a prob ur welcome to bring itto the club in person , but some how i dont think you will just the sort of bloke you are , alan metters coach godolphin afc

Metts, as much as this will pain me. I will probably be sick when Ive finished but i think idiot boringburg is refering to the donkey derby that was held at Mount Wise a few years ago just a few wks before the start of the season. Still hope he takes you up on the training offer though. Ok im off to cleanse myself, feeling dirty now!!

Phew, you catch on quickly. I bet you're a riot when playing Chinese Whispers. Please accept my apology if I am not accurately decoding your jolly banter, but my understanding of you is limited because I speak only English and three other European languages.

Ah, you must be from the pub team that lost at home to Wendron. I believe my former colleague Peter Bailey even turned out for you once. He was a sociologist, so he may only have done so as an observational exercise in anthropology. Perhaps you should challenge Wendron on paper instead of grass. Given your orthography, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Thank you for the kind offer to kick me, but I am not a donkey. Does your CCFA insurance cover me if I attend your training sessions and which night are they on ? The invitation rather reinforces my original point, don't you think ? Have a jolly time in your rough little holidaymakers' pub.

You sound like the sort of outfit that needs a pre-season friendly at Lafrowda Park !

well well that about sums you up . if you were good enough to speak to the manager you would find out in defeat we try to be gracious , we were beaten by a better team on the day and you wont find one comment about any team on here from godolphin which is tarnishing to them, hayle callington , good footballing sides porthleven another ,were still finding our feet at this level and ur comments are just cheap , as i said ur welcome to come and view them personally but i think i could be waiting a long time , newquay are another side looking good which is great for the town , its fun reading the views but when it gets personal it just shows u up for the sort of guy you are , the one thing we have found playing at this level is that all and yes all the clubs treat each other with respect which sometimes i wish the so called supporters would understand, your views and cheap comments dont reflect on any one but ur self, and if you were involved with godolphin then it would be thanks but no thanks your views and support teams at this level dont need and will do with out ,

My,my, what an intense fellow you are ! I don't think we're engaged in the same kind of discourse and, although it pains me to admit it, etc,etc, Gillo10 was right, for once, when he interpreted my original comment about donkeys as part of a banter with the Judge and various other people. I am actually very fond of donkeys, although my preference has always been for goats, especially those related to me by previous congress, as regular readers of the forum are aware.

Having never watched, spoken to or had any truck with Godolphin Atlantic Athletic , be they thoroughbred Arab stallions or Moscow mules, I wish you nothing but kindness in the spirit that only a neutral can express. I can assure you that when you play Penzance, I shall, like all true Tewsters, support you passionately, even though, as you rightly state, you don't need it !

I'm sorry you've read my humour in entirely the wrong way and wish you all the best for the rest of the season.

:yahoo: