Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 25/1

Guest stealth

:clapper:

soccerfollower is the game deff off tomorrow as we aint heard from booters yet. i rang tiggy last nite at10pm and he aint heard from our sec confirmin its off :ninja:

Shortlanesend Vs Crowntown

Called off at 10.20 A.M.

Oddly, the Boscawen Park groundsman inspected the pitch at 8 A.M. and declared it fit. After that the sun came out, the wind dropped and all looked set for a great game of football.

That is apart from the one inch layer of water over the pitch. Must have appeared due to the sun shining on the pitch and warming it up after 8 A.M. There may be a scientific explanation.

I confess that it did seem a bit odd, considering calling off Star's game at Crowntown, with a game still on at Malpas. Totally unheard of!

So it goes. Nice drive out on a sunny Sunday morning.

The ref Wynroe, had a look and kicked a ball. It stopped with a bow wave. Stamped his foot and soaked everyone nearby and, quite rightly, declared the pitch unplayable.

Shortlanesend had all got changed and gone for a paddle with a ball and never thought that a match can't be safely played when the pitch is slightly under water.

How can't they run a few holy pipes under the pitch, draining into the river? Shouldn't be too big a job.

I'd actually phoned at 8 o'clock Saturday night suggesting that there was no real chance of a game with the rain that was, at the time, falling. I was promised a call at 8 A.M. if it was unfit and was quite surprised when I didn't get a call. So we all got up and made the journey.

And we had a bloody good side out. (Apart from me.)

I think it was just a breakdown in communication over the Threemilestone v Camborne Park - ref all sorted i understand.

St.Agnes Vets 2 Truro City Vets 0 h/t 2-0

Good competitive match which was played at Goonhavern where the pitch was in good condition bearing in mind the heavy rain last night.No sign of any water on the pitch.

St.Agnes bossed the first half and went in two goals to the good,More even in the second half,two shots hit the St.Agnes crossbar,one touched there by keeper Alan Moore,and another fine save late on ensured a clean sheet.St.Agnes had a couple of chances on the break but couldn't find the target.

Another game on there at 2pm

St.Agnes U 18'S v Bodmin U 18's in the Rathbone Trophy Quarter Finals.

Apart from Tremough v Gloweth which I presume is still on ........all other games are off !!

Not sure what went on at TMS V CAMBORNE PARK as away team turned up having NOT been told game was off ....not happy !!!!

COMMUNICATION IS IMPORTANT GUYS !!!!

Apologise to both the Ref and Camborne Park. Their was not so much as a problem with communication but one of misunderstanding, through communication. Hopefully it will not happen again. Once again sorry for the confusion.