Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please

Cornwall Combination League

Friday 23rd Jan

Falmouth Town Reserves P-P Penryn Athletic Reserves

Saturday 24th Jan

Hayle Reserves P-P Ludgvan

Helston Athletic (Neil Southall 3, Darren Robertson, Mark Goldsworthy) 5-0 Mullion

Att - 42

Newquay Reserves (Mike Rabone, Jack Bevan) 2-3 Holman SC (Andrew Hill, Ben Gadson, Tony Eddy)

Att - 30

Penzance Reserves (Ian Philips 2) 2-2 Wendron CC United Reserves (Luke Murray, Steve Hurst)

Att - 53

Portreath P-P St Ives Town

RNAS Culdrose P-P Porthleven Reserves

St Just (Matt Gendall, OG) 2-1 St Agnes (Tom Benny)

Att - 45

Monday 26th Jan

Ludgvan (Simon James) 1-5 RNAS Culdrose (Chris Morris 2, Chris O'Hare, Billy Gibson, Paul Curry)

Att - 40

Helston 5-0 muliion (ht 3-0)

scroers: Niel southall (3) darren robertson, mark goldsworthy

att: 42

a good game in which helston pretty much dominated from start to finish. winno returns in goal for helston and not having much at all to do. mullion didnt realy seem up for the game, they still had dan and ben stidwell as they were cup tied for falmouth but both players started on the bench. some suspect goalkepping from the mullion keeper left 2 open goals for the first two goals and helston were cruising from there on and thoroughly deserved there win.

Guest pitch invader

Winno back at Helston!

He's had more clubs this season than a Juggler

well said!!!!but as i said last week still desperate 2 go back 2 helston and he SAID NO looking for more money on Ebay 4 track suits!!!!! dont kid a kidder but good luck still love Newquay wendron helston and lots more clubs this season!!!!!! could be the next mawgan manager (not) :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

CHEERS SPACE INVADER!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO GLAD TO BE BACK PLAYING AGAIN AND AT HELSTON.

YES IVE BEEN TO A COUPLE OF CLUBS THIS SEASON SOMETHING IVE NEVER REALLY DONE BEFORE BUT WE ARE ALL SOMETIMES GUILTY IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE OF THINKING THE GRASS IS GREENER SOMEWHERE ELSE.

WELL IM A MAN AND WILL HOLD MY HANDS UP AND SAY IM ONE OF THEM.

GREAT RESULT FOR THE CLUB TODAY AGAINST MULLION WELL DONE FELLAS AND A CLEAN SHEET AS WELL 4 ME. LUCKY I DID HEY OR STUPID IDIOTS WOULD HAVE BEEN HAVING A POP.

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT NOW IF IM LEFT ALONE TO GET ON PLAYING FOOTBALL...

CHEERS

WINNO

XXXXX

Guest pitch invader

CHEERS SPACE INVADER!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO GLAD TO BE BACK PLAYING AGAIN AND AT HELSTON.

YES IVE BEEN TO A COUPLE OF CLUBS THIS SEASON SOMETHING IVE NEVER REALLY DONE BEFORE BUT WE ARE ALL SOMETIMES GUILTY IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE OF THINKING THE GRASS IS GREENER SOMEWHERE ELSE.

WELL IM A MAN AND WILL HOLD MY HANDS UP AND SAY IM ONE OF THEM.

GREAT RESULT FOR THE CLUB TODAY AGAINST MULLION WELL DONE FELLAS AND A CLEAN SHEET AS WELL 4 ME. LUCKY I DID HEY OR STUPID IDIOTS WOULD HAVE BEEN HAVING A POP.

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT NOW IF IM LEFT ALONE TO GET ON PLAYING FOOTBALL...

CHEERS

WINNO

Easy just tell the truth and i will keep my trap shut. and thats all i have ever asked HELP a club like helston not F..ck it again or the others that you have grab the bull by the damn horns and bloody show people you have balls its not been a good track record so far (All the best and i will be there like today and eat my words. :yahoo: :yahoo:

No problems browner Im gonna give it a big go. But I dont lie and I have never F--K-D up Helston or any club Ive been at thankyou very much!!!

The past is the past we all need to look forward or no one will ever get anywhere.I would love for you to pm me so we could discuss how we can build the club up.........

Guest pitch invader

easy Minno just give it some bloody passion and dont talk 2 dicks like me. Its time 2 shut up and play if you can as its been a bloody poor season so far BE REAL 4 ALL the teams you have been with YOU CAN.

:yahoo:

Newquay 2 - 3 Holmans SC

Newquay succumbed to a very late goal at Mount Wise after a tough battle in difficult conditions looked to be ending in stalemate.

Due to illness and injury, Newquay had a squad of 13 with an injured player on the bench and looked like they had their work cut out against an improving Holmans side. On the other hand, Holmans appeared to have a strong line-up which meant that the game was always going to be close.

Newquay raced into the lead when an early cross by Rob Handley was flicked on by a Holmans defender, the ball appeared to have gone beyond the unmarked Michael Rabone at the far post, yet somehow he managed to hook the ball over his should with a first time volley that curled into the bottom corner. The early goal shocked Holmans and Newquay were always going to find it hard against the wind in the first half. Both sides looked to carve out clear cut opportunities and the ball spent a lot of time in the midfield where an excellent battle emerged. Holmans started to edge possession and it wasn't long before they were all square.

As the Newquay linesman flagged for offside, the referee allowed the game to go on and Newquay failed to clear. The ball dropped favourably and the next move resulted in an excellent low curling shot into the bottom corner. Newquay had an immediate chance to respond and a perfectly flighted curling pass from Shaun Lawrence found the run of Paul Robertson, who brought the ball down and could only watch on as his low shot was blocked by Willow in the Holmans goal. The rebound dropped to Rabone who hammered the ball goalwards only to see the goalkeeper make another block. Newquay were to pay for their missed chance as Holmans forged ahead. Andy Harris seemed to be on the end of a high challenge and the referee allowed play to go on, Holmans attacked the heart of the Newquay defence and an outstanding lobbed finish over Newquay 'keeper James Merrikin put Holmans ahead, much to the displeasure of the Newquay defence. Holmans had more chances to add to their tally, with Mamsy Sabo guilty of missing a header from close range.

Before a seemingly delayed half-time whistle, Andy Harris was replaced by Jack Bevan. Having been told that he had three minutes until half time, Bevan was as surprised as anyone else when the referee brought the first half to a conclusion well after the three minutes had passed.

With the elements in their favour, Newquay looked the stronger side in the second half and played some good football in an attempt to get back into the game. Jamie Tipton's long throw picked out Rabone, who outjumped the talented Mamsy Sabo in the Holmans defence. His flick on fell to the feet of Jack Bevan, who mis-hit his cross and it sailed perfectly over the Holmans goalkeeper to make honours even. At 2-2, Holmans seemed to sit back and looked to be playing for the draw. Michael Rabone attempted a first-time shot at goal from twenty yards which went straight at the goalkeeper and opposite number James Merrikin had little to do in the second half. Lee Hazeldine found himself in unfamiliar territory when his long run through the middle of the defence was found with a raking pass from Shaun Lawrence, just as Hazeldine shaped to shoot the assistant's flag was raised. On the pitch, Orrin Crowle provided the entertainment with an outrageous backheel in the corner that outfoxed two Holmans defenders. Off the pitch, Caddy (Holmans manager and linesman) was asked to return to the dugout after attempting to roll a cigarette and chat on a mobile phone for a good five minutes! Needless to say that there was not one Newquay offside during his stint, however, a lucrative contract beckons!

As the game seemed destined for a draw, Rabone was replaced by Mitch Stevens. Paul Robertson looked to clear the ball out of the Newquay defence after Adam Weller had won the ball, Robertson was taken down by a clear foul yet the referee allowed play to go on and Matt Davis was then adjudged to have committed a foul on the edge of the Newquay area. Andrew Hill stepped up and curled a perfectly executed low free-kick into the corner to steal a victory in what was bizarrely timed as the 57th minute of the second half.

Newquay were very disappointed to lose the game, although the lacklustre performance in the first half meant that Newquay did not deserve to take three points and a draw may have been a more appropriate result.

Man of the Match - Paul Robertson, a quality signing who is destined to go on and make a substantial impact at the club.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

What we saw was far more entertaining than at Perranporth and perhaps as we saw so much of the game, we should have been charged the £2 entrance fee. The ref obviously thought he kicked off at 3pm and went on for 20 mins injury time, perhaps he got a bargain from the Sir Alcy Fergerson watch shop, no battery supplied.

A good night in the clubhouse, with Robbo showing that he is definately at home at MW, lets hope that his performances for the combo side have shown that he belongs with the SWPL team, although only Hamps will understand a word he says. Benidorm at the end of May is gonna be entertaining !

Who was the ref at Newquay ? !!

Cads is good at multitasking, no surprise there.

He also mends roofs, simultaneously tapping up players on mobiles, rolling up, drinking tea (two and a half sugars) and managing Burnley. Phenomenal, he is. And he taught Matt Harris everything he knows about stand-building, tiling and grouting, obtaining building materials of a most economical nature and maintaining excellent fraternal relationships.

St Just are up Holmans next week, can't wait !

Oh, this is the match report thread ! Sorry....

Tinners 2 Aggie 1.

After a very bright St Agnes start with the towering Dobell challenging the St Just terriers, Tom Mannering swung the ball in from the right and a St Agnes defender volleyed it obliquely with the outside of his left foot into the corner of his own net. Four minutes on the clock. Neil Curnow could have made it two shortly afterwards, but dragged his shot narrowly wide of the far post. A lively and enterprising game surprisingly contained no more first half goals, with St Agnes enjoying the better of the last ten minutes of the half.

Their equaliser came just after the hour, Tom Benney evading three tackles and cutting inside to finish just under the bar as Andrew Curnow came out. St Just forced eight second half corners and Chris Curnow came close to restoring the lead. Then a Neil Curnow free-kick hit the bar, St Agnes only partially cleared and Matt Gendall hit a looping half-volley which squirmed through the keeper's hands for the winner. At the other end, brilliant goalkeeping by Andrew Curnow kept the points intact after defensive errors gifted three separate one-on-ones. Another close game for the Tinners...on the law of averages, they deserve to win some of them ! Honours even against Aggie from two games after losing at Enys Park.....about right over the season ! Jonah inspirational and 100% as ever in the Aggie midfield, deserves respect.

Very well refereed, too.

I was told the refs name but was in a bit of a haze brought on by many house doubles, I do recall that he is larger than me by some considerably weight, he hails from St Austell and is an assessor apparently, must be in his 50's and after strolling around the centre circle, he must have needed a 20 min rest before heading off for a ciggie in the changin room.

That's the chap ! How he ever passed a fitness test, I do not know and he definately needs help with his timekeeping, perhaps the CCFA could do a sponsorship deal with Specsavers and Timex.

Is there any stipulation as to how many doubles Combo referees should down before the match ? In this case, I think the need for a cigarette is the least of the problems ! There was once a Ludgvan-St.Agnes match, I believe, which ended in a 22 man brawl without sanction after an official was clearly tired, swaying and emotiional from the start.

This might also be the man who, when in charge of assigning referees to matches, threatened to report my football-hating wife to the F.A. for not kowtowing to him on the telephone while the baby was crying and there were pots boiling over on the cooker.....and then to report me for "not controlling her" !

One of the great characters of the game.....long may he thrive !

Who was the ref at Newquay ? !!

Cads is good at multitasking, no surprise there.

He also mends roofs, simultaneously tapping up players on mobiles, rolling up, drinking tea (two and a half sugars) and managing Burnley. Phenomenal, he is. And he taught Matt Harris everything he knows about stand-building, tiling and grouting, obtaining building materials of a most economical nature and maintaining excellent fraternal relationships.

St Just are up Holmans next week, can't wait !

Just for the record Rodney we love coming down to your fantastic pitch and stadium too!!!!!

Ludgvan Feast:

Ludgvan 1-5 RNAS Culdrose

Culdrose Scorers:

Chris Morris (2)

Chris o 'Hare (1)

Billy Gibson (1)

Paul Curry (1)

Attendance 10 by the pitch but overall about 35-40 watching from the various balconies etc.

Thanks to the Ludgvan Ladies for putting on the spread and the club for the warm hospitality.

Larry Marsh ! Aaargh !

Give me a clove of garlic, quick !!

Just checking my earlier post, I seem to be repeating myself. Worrying, that, could be the old problems resurfacing. We're much happier when I can argue with my selves about their own inconsistencies, really, aren't you ? :rolleyes:

The bath is running as I type this. I already feel incredibly dirty and almost violated but here goes.

I..I......I agree with with idiot boringburg. Urrrgh just been sick! Terrible ref! Not a particularly nice bloke either. Thought idiot would like him, they have many of the same qualities!!