Cornwall Football Forum

Postponed

I'm sure Phil won't mind me posting this from his Postponements Forum on the SWPL website ... others have obviously been asking the same question about calling games off the day before:-

"Below is an excerpt from the regulations and guidance on pitch inspections which covers the query that a few have made regarding matches being called off yesterday :

When the weather conditions are known to be extreme then the game can be postponed prior to the day of the match at the discretion of the League following consultation between the club and the league secretary; this is not an issue for the match day referee. "

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Someone has painted the clouds above Newquay a really nice shade of Blue, although I am worried by the big yellow disc shaped object in the sky, could be a UFO.

Just been onto the official Peninsula League website and they have put up the following statement, as follows!......

For the benefit of those that can tell if a pitch is waterlogged from their living rooms a senior referee inspected at 4pm, took into account the weather and river levels, and the fact that as the River Erme drains from Dartmoor which had the most severe of the Thursday night rain, took the decision despite being asked the very clear question "If it stays dry and windy until kick off time would the pitch still be unplayable ?" and he answered YES - Getting pretty fed up with people thinking that we as a league do not think of these things and take sensible precautions to allow for the rules and regualtions to be followed. As a side - Vospers and Saltash to the West of Ivybridge are OFF and Totnes & Dartington to the East of Ivybridge is OFF !

Someone has painted the clouds above Newquay a really nice shade of Blue, although I am worried by the big yellow disc shaped object in the sky, could be a UFO.

I wouldn't worry too much Judge you won't see much of that yellow thing in Perranporth today - we're on intermittent hail showers at the mo!!