Cornwall Football Forum

Emile Heskey

Martin O'neill has signed an ideal target man that will only help his side in the push for a European place. Heskey is big, strong, tough, awkward, but most of all he is a great hold up player. He will bring the two wippets into play and probably make them both even better players. Also he will have a field day with all the crosses into the box. Ashleigh Young more than Agbonlahor delivers superb set pieces and crosses which Hesley is gonna thrive on. So all in all i would say great signing. O'neill isn't stupid. Just look at the league table!!!

am i right in thinking that is 11 Englishmen in villa's squad. this has to be good for our national side having a top 4 club with so many English players in it. love him or hate him O'neill is doing a great job at villa :thumbsup: just goes to show you do not need £100 million to spend on a good player :SM_carton: the villa whippetts will feed off all the miss- controls of Heskey and he will create havoc in the oppositions penalty box :wacko: and the management will get another team player giving 100% :c:

Villa could field more than just 11 English men:

GK: Stuart Taylor

RB: Luke Young

LB: Nicky Shorey

CB: Curtis Davies

CB: Zat Knight

RM: James Milner

CM: Nigel Reo-Coker

CM: Steve Sidwell

LM: Ashley Young

ST: Emile Heskey

ST: Gabriel Agbonlahor

Bench:

Marlon Harewood

Craig Gardener

Isaiah Osbourne

There might also be others I've missed out...

Wonder how many Premiership sides could actually field an all English XI from first team players?!

I think it's a very good signing for Villa.

O'Neill has worked with Heskey before (at Leicester), and I think he will be the perfect foil for Agbonlahor.

Michael Owen has always said that Heskey was his favourite strike partner during his career, can really see Agbonlahor finishing the season strongly.

Villa could field more than just 11 English men:

GK: Stuart Taylor

RB: Luke Young

LB: Nicky Shorey

CB: Curtis Davies

CB: Zat Knight

RM: James Milner

CM: Nigel Reo-Coker

CM: Steve Sidwell

LM: Ashley Young

ST: Emile Heskey

ST: Gabriel Agbonlahor

Bench:

Marlon Harewood

Craig Gardener

Isaiah Osbourne

There might also be others I've missed out...

Wonder how many Premiership sides could actually field an all English XI from first team players?!

Forgot to mention Gareth Barry also!

Somersetspur, I was only trying to help !

Having been embarrassingly turned down by Bellamy, Heskey, Downing, Cudicini and probably Kayne Trevaskis and the whole West Ham squad, why don't you offer ten million for Harewood ? You never know....

Blue nose is sniffing the fifth round draw ! Now your manager has stopped grovelling to Purple Nose, what are you doing ?

Back up your pole, Busby !

I dont think he has the best touch in the world but i think with villas team they needed a big strong player to allow there young whippets to destroy teams , overall this is a fantastic signing for villa in the way the team will benefit. He aint best player in the world but he is one of the best at what he does best and will fit perfectly with villa style of play

Arsene will be quaking this morning unless he can pull something out the bag

Guest The Bickland Bloke

I think Hesky has had his day. getting too old and no real ability to make fans go 'WOW'. He might score the odd goal, but please, he ain't no Fernando Torres. I think Villa just had money to throw down the drain and thought 'ooh I know lets buy Emile Hesky'

Absolute rubbish.

More like,O'Neill thinking,if I want to get a top 4 spot,I need to strengthen the squad.What do I need.?

With Carew struggling,and Harewood not cutting the mustard,the club could do with an experienced

forward.

O'Neill being a top manager,see's a player who he has worked with and know inside out is available.

Lets be honest,when was Heskey playing his best football.?

Yes you got it .Playing for O'Neill at Leicester.

Smart manager. Good deal.

Somersetspur, I was only trying to help !

Having been embarrassingly turned down by Bellamy, Heskey, Downing, Cudicini and probably Kayne Trevaskis and the whole West Ham squad, why don't you offer ten million for Harewood ? You never know....

Blue nose is sniffing the fifth round draw ! Now your manager has stopped grovelling to Purple Nose, what are you doing ?

Back up your pole, Busby !

a bit premature with stating they had been turned down by Cuddicini Rodney!

Guest The Bickland Bloke

Must agree with Somersetspur. I've never rated Heskey myself but O'Neill is a top manager. He must think he can get the best out of him for the team and wouldn't it be nice if Ar5ena1 missed the Champs League spot cos of it.

Ye Matin O'Neil is a great manager but just because a gr8 manager brings in a player doesn't automatically make that player great.

Hey, Somersetspur, I bet Dom Pullen would come and join your lot for a year's supply of chocolate biscuits. Or Spurs could always make an offer to Stonebridge to come back ! The way it's going, you'll have to play Cudicini up front !

At least you'll be able to watch your Spuds locally, at Home Park, next year.

..... And there was me thinking this thread was about Heskey signing for Aston Villa, and whether that is a good signing for them,

But alas, you have to try to turn another thread into a situation where you can feed your insatiable obsession with all things Tottenham and those who support them, it aint healthy! :(