Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin afc

Guest leadshorts and a bignose

Guest leadshorts and a bignose

I am an old friend an fan of Godolphin AFC I dont live in Cornwall any more but have taken the time to read some absolute pathetic comments on this site banging on about The G being a pub-team. It has taken years of hard work, dedication, support and sacrifice to get this club where it is today by a core of football people from The G that should be celebrated, hourned and respected. All you fools who think you know the game that to and fro from club to club may wonder why The G players stay and are not tempted away by clubs that do not have the stability or the character of this fantastic club. I welcome anybodies comments on this and look forward to putting anyone straight who thinks they know better!

Guest cool beans

you have to give full credit to godolphin to be playing were they are and your right people shold be given a lot of praise especially the players who stick with the club newquay mocked them saying there a pub team but at the end of the day who won ??? Godolphin !!!!

and no im not a godolphin fan

It would be interesting to know what professional league clubs started off as pub teams or park teams. Just because a team is not associated to a town or village is irrelivent. If a team is good enough and it has the right facilitities to play on then there should not be a problem. To be fair to Newquay there is only one person from Newquay who has a go at Godolphin and he was made to eat humble pie when 737 fans turned up to see the 'pub team' win 5-3. It is also interesting to note that taking out the 737 gate, Godolphons home average is 70 per game and Newquay 79. Not much difference between a pub team and a town team.

Guest cool beans

i agree with you at the end of the day it does not matter were the club has come from weather its a park , pub or a club all that matters is the players on the pitch godolphin shold be what other clubs in the lower leagues shold look up to you can play at a higher level .

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Nice to see someone drag up this old chestnut. I and other Newquay fans have jokingly referred to The G as a pub team due to their humble beginnings.

However, as most regular readers of this forum will have noted, I have also stated that I recoginse that G have done well to get to Div 1 West and obviously deserve to be in the league due to their recent history.

However, as a completely biased fan, There will only ever be ONE TEAM IN NEWQUAY !

Time for the shit stirring to stop until Good Friday when hostilities (in the nicest sense) will recommence.

godolphin have been fortunate that their progress as a junior team has not been hindered by the old pals voting act that prevented probable better sides progressing in previous years(carharrack shockingly an example ).

And sorry but until they get a stand,floodlights and a clubhouse godolphon will never be bigger than newquay,and whats wrong with being a pubside?,ive played for some great pub sides in cornwall :drink:

I agree with judge. A pointless post. If you have resad the other posts you will see that the G have been supported positively by the msjority of the fporum users, a fair few from newquay afc as well with just the odd people trying to stir things up.

Are you posting to try stir things up? Or are you posting so people once again big up your club? Either way it's working. Godilphin are a good team and Newquay football club needs them. Good luck lads.

THE LEAGUE TABLE NEVER LIES!!!!!