Cornwall Football Forum

Hats Off to Burnley

Commiserations to Burnley, the deserved Wembley finalists. If only the correct decision had been made ibn the first five minutes on Assou-Ekkoto's BACKPASS, Burnley might well have won 4-0.

How does it feel when the overpaid froth of Tottenham go snoring back down the motorway, having lost 3-0 in normal time to as championship side ? If only the rules were lkike European football used to be, they would have deservedly gone out after 90 minutes.

Idiosyncratic, stupid rule, typical of a midweek pub trophy. Never thought I'd say it, I'm so embarrassed. I'll have to be rooting for the red scum with Gillian and Coopsie and all the other Manure fans, never thought I'd see the day.......

:blink:

Commiserations to Burnley, the deserved Wembley finalists. If only the correct decision had been made ibn the first five minutes on Assou-Ekkoto's BACKPASS, Burnley might well have won 4-0.

How does it feel when the overpaid froth of Tottenham go snoring back down the motorway, having lost 3-0 in normal time to as championship side ? If only the rules were lkike European football used to be, they would have deservedly gone out after 90 minutes.

Idiosyncratic, stupid rule, typical of a midweek pub trophy. Never thought I'd say it, I'm so embarrassed. I'll have to be rooting for the red scum with Gillian and Coopsie and all the other Manure fans, never thought I'd see the day.......

:blink:

For once i have to agree with you rodney!! Such a shame for burnley, and having been to turf more on several occasions, i know that the burnley fans would have been a sight to behold walking down wembley way!!

Firstly, fair play to Burnley, the better over the two legs didn't go through, but that's cup football and we managed to get out of jail by playing decent for about 45 mins in a 210 mins tie!

From the two games, I was really impressed with Burnley, and I wish them well for the rest of the season and hope they can turn their league around and get back in the playoff hunt and get to the Premiership, as no Premiership sides have fancied it when they've played them in the cup this year!

As for the final, if we play well then maybe we can keep the score down to 2 or 3 against the all-conquering, invincible Man Utd, just like we did last year against the almighty Blues from King's Road! ;)

I didn't realise goals we're awarded if a keeper handles a backpass, silly me.... and we all know indirect freekicks in the box usually result in a farcical situation with the oppostion no further than 5 yards from the ball by the time it's struck. If Spurs had converted any of their many chances it would of never have even got to E.T.

Better luck next year Burnley and thanks for knocking out the lesser London clubs to save us the bother

COYS

If only the rules were lkike European football used to be, they would have deservedly gone out after 90 minutes.

.... And it would've saved Burnley the bother of going to penalties against your boys earlier in the competition at Slumford Bridge! :D

Here's to Manure in the final.

And Spuds to be relegated as well. (Cr-p club anyway.)

FOYS

Midfield, I'm disappointed!

Your Spurs insults are normally well thought out and funny sometimes!

That effort is just plain lazy and unimaginative! B)

I didn't realise goals we're awarded if a keeper handles a backpass, silly me.... and we all know indirect freekicks in the box usually result in a farcical situation with the oppostion no further than 5 yards from the ball by the time it's struck. If Spurs had converted any of their many chances it would of never have even got to E.T.

Better luck next year Burnley and thanks for knocking out the lesser London clubs to save us the bother

COYS

It never got to E.T anyway, he was not selected last night as Harry was annoyed he kept riding on other peoples bikes and kept phoning home! :yahoo:

Yes,Burnley did play well,but guess what,its balls in the onion bag that counts,score 6-4 to Spurs.

We are at Wembley again.

Guess what,the only two people slagging Spurs off,you got it.

The blinkered gooner,and his mate the intellectual blue nose.

As I have said so many times ,repeatitive and boring.

COYS. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes,Burnley did play well,but guess what,its balls in the onion bag that counts,score 6-4 to Spurs.

We are at Wembley again.

COYS. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You only say it's repetetive and boring because you can't think of a suitable retort. I'd rather be pushing for a Champions League place (which we are!) than a second-rate tin-pot cup final at Wembley.

FOYS

Guest Man on the Post

Can any Spurs fan tell me exactly how Spurs have progressed since sacking Martin Jol.

It seems to me they are spending millions and millions just to get back to where they were when Martin Jol left. :D :D

You are right,Spurs have not progressed as we would have liked.

We must stick with this manager,and let him try and sort out this mess.

Arry knows the task in hand,he told everyone last night after the game.

So lets get in the players,he wants and go forward.

Yes it a struggle at the moment,but going to Wembley when we are struggling ain't bad.

Glad to see midfield admit,the goons are top 4 challengers now,not Championship contenders like last

season, is that going forward.?

Well that was very close to a shock. Great game of football, and Spurs players and fans must have thought it had slipped away. However, it's probably left a better final, I reckon Man U would have seen off Burnley without too much of a problem, but with Spurs, at Wembley on the day, who knows. I never gave them a chance last year, and hey ho, they pulled it off. My money is on a Man U win though, as I think Man U will win the league too, and it's difficult to see who will stop them in the FA Cup!

I think Judas Redknapp keeps whinging on a bit these days though. He used to be a jovial fellow, with light hearted quips that were great as they were meant to be funny, but a serious side to them. Now it's all doom and gloom, not his doing mind you, only his predecessors. Sending off a weakened team to Man U in the FA Cup, and hope the fans don't mind. Come on Judas, lighten up, you are only going to pull off a Cup Final appearance and save the Spurs from relegation in your first year. What more could you do? If anyone had completed such a feat in the past, well, things would be entirely,.....oh wait a minute, I just had this weird feeling of déjà vous, you know, thinking this had happened before, and then Judas gets the sack because next season doesn't start too well......I don’t know, must be going mad.

UP THE GUNNERS (club in crisis)!!

Mangle,Im quite enjoying reading your posts,these days,you are talking a lot of sense.

Just wish your blinkered gooner friend,could take a leaf out of your book.

He's to busy with his little p--- taking buddy issac.

Ahhh...

I'm sorry. I forgot.

We have to seek your permission before we post on this forum because you are in charge.

NOT! :D<_< :D

We are at Wembley again.

COYS. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And Harry had a pretty big go at them! Not just these two. And watching "your on sky sports" after the EVERY single fan that called or texted in slagged them off too!