Cornwall Football Forum

cristopher symons leaves falmouth town

A fair enough question! So what makes someone a better goalkeeper than someone else?

Indeed many might think I was unfair in brushing Chris’ credentials aside as he has many of the components that makes anyone a good goalkeeper.

However, I consider that bringing Jason in will be more than just a case of replacing a ‘keeper. It will also be a sign of intention by Alan. Jason and he have won things together.

I think it is so important to aspire confidence from the back and Jason will bring this. He will give the impression of confidence at the back. So important to any defender in front of him, and so annoying to any attacker against him. I don’t think this is the case at the moment.

Generally there’s nothing wrong with either’s shot stopping. Although Jason will react quicker to the rebound/follow up ball in the penalty area. As well as coming off his line quicker and from that building an attack.

Which leads me onto distribution – ok this to some extent is down to the team play pattern, but with Jason coming in this might mean looking to play it out from the back more, getting his wing-backs hungrier to pick up the ball. Perhaps – as a result not so much of the punting upfield. At the moment the ball is coming back as quick as it goes up!

Talking –I think Jason would do more, again helping getting the defence organised earlier

Then there’s the fact that Jason has been in winning sides, league title winning sides – again adds to a general “presence” on the field – call it psychology – to act for his team, and against the opposition.

I think Jason will help the motivation and positive attitude of the team as a whole, and in fact the club.

A fair enough question! So what makes someone a better goalkeeper than someone else?

Indeed many might think I was unfair in brushing Chris’ credentials aside as he has many of the components that makes anyone a good goalkeeper.

However, I consider that bringing Jason in will be more than just a case of replacing a ‘keeper. It will also be a sign of intention by Alan. Jason and he have won things together.

I think it is so important to aspire confidence from the back and Jason will bring this. He will give the impression of confidence at the back. So important to any defender in front of him, and so annoying to any attacker against him. I don’t think this is the case at the moment.

Generally there’s nothing wrong with either’s shot stopping. Although Jason will react quicker to the rebound/follow up ball in the penalty area. As well as coming off his line quicker and from that building an attack.

Which leads me onto distribution – ok this to some extent is down to the team play pattern, but with Jason coming in this might mean looking to play it out from the back more, getting his wing-backs hungrier to pick up the ball. Perhaps – as a result not so much of the punting upfield. At the moment the ball is coming back as quick as it goes up!

Talking –I think Jason would do more, again helping getting the defence organised earlier

Then there’s the fact that Jason has been in winning sides, league title winning sides – again adds to a general “presence” on the field – call it psychology – to act for his team, and against the opposition.

I think Jason will help the motivation and positive attitude of the team as a whole, and in fact the club.

Dave,

Chris is a fine keeper and i feel that he has been made a scape goat on this occasion and i know he will be feeling bitterly grieved over this decision because he was enjoying his football at Town. Everything you say positive about Jason over Chris is indeed well documented but my opinion is chris is a braver keeper and his reactions, shot stopping and being a local lad make him a better keeper in my eyes. You say that Chris likes to punt it upfield alot, but to be fair Chris hasnt had the players with quality and confidence to distribute too and so therefore he has no option in punting it long to try and ease pressure on the defence and to try and make something happen up top. I have seen both keepers play over the years and there is nothing that makes Jason apart from trophies that make him a far better keeper than any other senior keeper in Cornwall. If he was that good why isnt he a Pro. :c:

Monty,

If Beano is that good why is Mr Carey changing keepers???

I beleive Beano is a good keeper, but I'd say that Chapman was more Agile, and I would also say has the better experience of playing in a higher league!!

Its got nothing to do with experience as Beany has got experience in previous seasons with Penryn, My feeling is that a Named player is worth more than ability and jason has worked with Alan on a number of occasions and thats why i feel he has been brought in, Again it as happened to a decent bloke and a keeper, One minute you are a hero and the next your a scapegoat and thats the perks of being a keeper and thats why i have taken time out from the game, its shit when it happens but like everybody knows its the managers choice and he has brought in a keeper he knows well? :blink:

Chris,

If your reading this total dross you know the truth about money your money was not cut by me it was cut by the previous regime that is the truth and you know it, you also know that i have left messages on your phone to talk to you about the keeper situation which you have chose not to speak to me.

I have a job to do at Falmouth and if a player of Jason Chapmans ability comes available to us and we can take him within the current budget restaints then i would not be doing my job if i did not take him.

So to those of you that have never been in the position to have to make that decision that is why i signed Jason.

At the end of the day Alan Carey brought in Jason Chapman because he thinks Chapman is a better keeper & he knows him from Bodmin whilst manager.Yes beany might of been sh-t on but Carey is the manager & he personally thinks Chapman is better that is why is manager.Carey's record speaks for himself as an ex player &now manager end of story .Monty you need to move on in live, you been sh-t on who hasn't in football. :drink: :drink:

Guest champ man

chapman got shat on at truro aswel, played every game last year and this pre-season and then got pushed out by a on-loan torquay keeper. i don't hear other keepers moaning on here

At the end of the day Alan Carey brought in Jason Chapman because he thinks Chapman is a better keeper & he knows him from Bodmin whilst manager.Yes beany might of been sh-t on but Carey is the manager & he personally thinks Chapman is better that is why is manager.Carey's record speaks for himself as an ex player &now manager end of story .Monty you need to move on in live, you been sh-t on who hasn't in football. :drink::drink:

I have moved on me old buddy and the thing about it all is there is more to life than football, I just personally wouldnot shit on anyone in football because its not in my nature and you will never get anywhere in life if you fall out over football. Personally im glad it has happened because my quality of life is better and it means i can also spend time with my family.XXXX

ALAN,

I have been reading the posts.

I have no problem at all with Jason Chapman taking my place, It was pretty obvious that with the connections you have that you would draw top quality players like Jason.

I have enjoyed every minute of my season with Falmouth Town even the training side believe it or not.

I have never played for money before in my football career and the money i recieved from Falmouth Town has not covered my travelling expensives.

If I needed extra money I would look at getting a better day job.

I play football for enjoyment and not for money. I found out on Saturday That Jason was almost certainaly

coming through a squad player leaking it to a friend.

On Tuesday I made a phone call to a squad player to see where training was he informed me that training was changed to wednesday so this confirmed it to me.

I phoned the chairman to let him know i was very disappointed ,that i was not told of this decision having found out from someone else first.

Alan phoned me when i was on the phone to some else and left one answer phone message to confirm it which i have no problem with his decision.

I thought as an employer myself if i had to lose any of my employees i would tell them to their face ,my decision out of respect to them and not through an answer phone message.

I phoned Alan Twice on wednesday straight after he left a message on my phone but i did not leave a message has i wanted to speak to him.

I left a message on Thursday evening after reading his post on here which is not a true record of the events.

i hope this clears the matter up and all the best to the players

BEANY

Chris,

If your reading this total dross you know the truth about money your money was not cut by me it was cut by the previous regime that is the truth and you know it, you also know that i have left messages on your phone to talk to you about the keeper situation which you have chose not to speak to me.

I have a job to do at Falmouth and if a player of Jason Chapmans ability comes available to us and we can take him within the current budget restaints then i would not be doing my job if i did not take him.

So to those of you that have never been in the position to have to make that decision that is why i signed Jason.

Always good to hear things from the Horses Mouth.

Remember there are 10 players infront of the keeper to get by before the ball reaches him. to many keeper's don't get coached proper or even AT ALL!! they are forgotten and left to their own devices to improve.

to many times keepers in general are taken for granted!

Mr U

I am a GK coach looking for a GK to work with either this season or next, am Level 3 qualified do you know any one requiring a GK coach, if so PM me.

Patch,

Did we meet yesterday? I dont think so.

I have spoken to your Mum and she says that you are grounded and she is removing your internet privalges for a month!

As for this topic, please do not quote me unless you have spoken to me.

My view is that I also feel for Beany, he has been one of Falmouth's better players this season and in games like Ivybridge at home the starman.

Alan is in a difficult predicament where he needs to improve the squad to enable the team to start competing again and unfortunatley that will mean new faces, starting with Beany. I do not believe that he will be the last player and this probably has to happen.

As for Patch's loyalty quote as was discussed back in December, neither clubs nor players can be 100% loyal, as players will move for more money, to win things or to play in better teams. Clubs will request loyalty from players like Beany but once new managers are in place and 'better' players are available then these loyal players are moved on. Not even given a chance in the second team!

This in my opinion is why there is now little loyalty, not everything is about the money.

However I enjoyed my time at Town like Beany and wish Alan, the Football Commitee and the players the best for the rest of the season.

patch,

stop sending me pm`s. i dont know who you are except you are called kevin. it seems like you are stirring this subject up like you are trying to do with me. people should wise up now and realise that you are a naughty boy. and to quote what drummo said... well thats bang out of order. you could get people in trouble............

Heard that Jason,along with others,have had their wage packets cut at Truro City so he was probably unhappy there.

jason just wanted to play week in week out,nothing to do with pay cuts,smashing lad as well,good luck to you mate top goalie :clapper:

How would you know?ever played there? :ninja:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Our old friends from Bickland put in 7 days for one of our players ( I won't name him as that would be unfair to both sides), however, I understand that the lad prefers to stay at Mount Wise despite the money that is no doubt on offer. All I will say is, that you cannot buy loyalty !!!

Guest The Bickland Bloke

Ah well, we got Chappie now. A definant improvment over chris symons. Every other Town keeper has always been a bit dodgy but Chapman might prove to be different! :thumbsup:

Guest Turkish

I used to compete against Alan Carey and unless you are a name or someone recommends you to him he won't want to know. He can't really tell a good player from a bad one and has limited football tact. He will always need a football brain as his number 2 to tell him what to do and Alan will open the cheque book. Mind you, he still always came up 2nd best to us :D