Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL NEWCOMERS FOR SEASON 2009/10

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fromacrossthewater

I'm guessing here but think that keano is at it again with the alias'. maybe.........local_football_supporter

• 2 weeks later...

Out and about today watching games after our U18's was called off vs. Bodmin Town U18's and heard from more than one source that Millbrook Reserves will be made up next year based apon a few of the current SWPL team players and currently Torpoint U18's!

Just out of interest will the league be possibly increasing its numbers again seeing as so many may clubs are to apply, but there are currently only 3 places available as it stands?

Guest A LEGEND!

Say thats true, then they dont have a very good chance in the ECPL considering they took a hefty smashing to ex Millbrook u18s Speare FC 6-3 and 13-1 this season.

heard that next years millbrook u18s manager has also fallen to believing bunneys story of the events that saw the ex millbrook u18s forced to leave the club to continue their football, just like the millbrook board seem to listen to him. And now millbrook 1sts are bottom.

Lads leave the millbrook and edgecumbe saga out of this,the members will decide at the agm.One team up from duchy prem as per the agrrement,the other teams decided on a vote .The team who provides the best case for promotion will get the other places.The duchy premier league will i think get stronger again with teams electing to stay where they are,travelling will become an issue .Have heard that foxhole may consider droppping back into ECPL from the peninsula league,only rumor though.I thought that the grounds had to pass a grading by 7 march,anyone know if this is true,or do the league decide at the agm.

This season to date ther are only 35 Saturday teams left in the P&WD league. This is a very small number compaired to previous seasons! Just over a 3rd have private pitches but as far as applications for the ECPL for season 09/10 go I would list as my top 3 as:

1. Vospers Reserves (has links with SWPL)

2. Horrabridge Rangers (close to Tavi, has more than one team, always looking to improve)

3. Tamarside (ex-ECPL, heard may have two teams next season, would they want back in?)

All these are just guesses on my behalf!

Other than that we've found out about Marjons but there are other 'village clubs/teams' that could enquire? Premier Division clubs have been asked to improve their facilities in the league and this I can see may create a divide between them and the other Divisions in the league (mainly council pitch teams). Also take into account Plymouth City Council is building schools/house etc on a lot of pitches I cant see how it can get any better? Fair comment that it can be seen as tough times for this long standing league but I'm sure the league management will fight for the membering clubs tooth and nail!